What's new

India ‘inclined’ to vote against SL at UN: PM

medulla

BANNED
Reaction score
India

New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Monday that the government is 'inclined' to vote against Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC), when it takes up the US moved resolution on war crimes committed in the island nation against the LTTE.

“We are inclined to vote in favour of the resolution,” PM Singh told Lok Sabha in his response to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address,

He said the government will take a final decision after the UN draft resolution is studied.Singh stated the Indian government’s focus has been the welfare and well being of Sri Lankan Tamils following the end of the military offensive against the LTTE.

“Our government is for genuine process of reconciliation to address the grievances,” he informed the House.

The PM said his government has asked the Sri Lankan government to stand by its commitment to work for inclusive development.“Hope the Sri Lankan government recognises the critical importance of this issue and acts decisively,” he added.

Several Tamil Nadu parties, including the DMK and AIADMK, had been pressing the government to make its stand clear on the resolution moved by the US and several other nations.

Minutes after the PM made the government’s stand clear, DMK chief M Karunanidhi issued a statement welcoming the decision.

===

I am really glad to hear this news thanks to MMS.

Here I ferociously argued with my fellow Indians regarding this resolution and badly commented on India stance . So plz pardon me for those earlier activities , I hope our brothers in SL will get justice. Jai hind.....

This time i am with MMS...i don't think SL Army has left us with any other option then to vote against SL....i mean come on yaar they didn't even Spare Hospital from bombing......

This time i am with MMS...i don't think SL Army has left us with any other option then to vote against SL....i mean come on yaar they didn't even Spare Hospital from bombing......

Some Indian members are wiping crocodile tears here, Google for "Jaffna hospital massacre" which done by Indian army while in Sri Lanka!

The Jaffna hospital massacre happened on October 21 and 22, 1987 during the Sri Lankan Civil War, when soldiers of the Indian Army entered the premises of the Jaffna Teaching Hospital in Jaffna, Sri Lanka, an island nation in South Asia, and killed about 68–70 patients, nurses, doctors and other staff members.

Cheap politics. Sri Lanka will remember this and it will become just as much more difficult to get SL to join Indian Union in the future.

Well its simple,the Congress led government has to do this or else it will lose its base in South India and then it will hardly stand any chance to get re-elected to power in 2014,cuz in North India congress' popularity has certainly decreased.
But i don't get it..Why does India have to worry too much about SriLankan Tamils!?

It is obbvious that India will do this...coz who made the LTTE ??...definately Indian RAW, they were supporting them by providing training and weapons. RAW was the major source of weapons for LTTE.......so now they are finished. ACtually the Plan of RAW is destroyed to control Sri Lanka......so now they have to vote against Sri Lanka.:azn:

331_00.jpg

12-raja.jpg

It is obbvious that India will do this...coz who made the LTTE ??...definately Indian RAW, they were supporting them by providing training and weapons. RAW was the major source of weapons for LTTE.......so now they are finished. ACtually the Plan of RAW is destroyed to control Sri Lanka......so now they have to vote against Sri Lanka.:azn:
Normal Pakistani paranoia of blaming RAW.Guess you are taught this at schools.
I remember Pakistanis alleging RAW causes floods and droughts in Pakistan too!:lol:

Normal Pakistani paranoia of blaming RAW.Guess you are taught this at schools.
I remember Pakistanis alleging RAW causes floods and droughts in Pakistan too!:lol:

India trained LTTE in Indian soil, it's not a secret. I have posted pics 2-3 times on PDF, just search.

Back
Top Bottom