What's new

India has lost confidence of the world: Ratan Tata

neehar

Reaction score
Country
India
With the economy in distress, leading industrialist Ratan Tata has said India has lost the confidence of the world and the government has been slow to recognise it.

He also said the government has “swayed” under the influence of vested interests in private sector and policies have been “changed, delayed and manipulated”.

Tata, who demitted office as Tata group Chairman last December, said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has held India’s “esteem high but in recent times we have lost that esteem”.

“We have lost the confidence of the world. We have been slow to recognise that in the government,” he told CNN-IBN while responding to a query on PM’s silence on investors losing confidence.

He further said it would be good for the country if policies were implemented as they were written.

“The government has issued policy which vested interests, quite often in private sector have changed, delayed or manipulated that policy. So, for one reason or the other, the government has swayed with those forces,” Mr Tata said.

Recollecting the 1991 reforms, when “the brave moves were made”, he said “it’s the same team. What has happened in my view is that there have been forces...too many competing interests. By and large whatever is happening should be looked at to the benefit of the people of India not to few vested interest in India”.

While stressing that his respect for the leadership of Dr Singh continued to be “very high”, he, however, said there is a lack of leadership in the country to lead from the front.

”...we don’t have leadership that we have been talking about, that is leading from the front,” Mr Tata said.

He further said the government is being pulled in different directions, even from within it.

“We should have one view...the team has been pulling in different directions, allies are pulling in different directions...states are pulling in one direction. We are not consolidating ourselves in the government,” Mr Tata said.

On Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership, he said: “I think in Gujarat he has proven his leadership and he has moved Gujarat into a position of prominence. I am not in a position to gaze what he would do in a country.”

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ec...d-ratan-tata/article5068063.ece?homepage=true

This Crisis is a blessing in disguise ..... hopefully this crisis will make people elect a strong govt. next year ...everything in the world happens for a reason ...

This Crisis is a blessing in disguise ..... hopefully this crisis will make people elect a strong govt. next year ...everything in the world happens for a reason ...

You really need a plan.
Hope is not a plan.

A new government (if there will be a new one) is of little efficacy if the people are unlearned, lazy and the weather too hot.
Hope for a new government? Thats not enough now, divine intervention might not be enough. The window of opportunity to turn the young 'demographic dividend' into earners is being whittled away by inaction and once these people have their own families and no stable job, neighbouring countries will have to build a new great wall to seal off the nightmare that is India.

With the way things are going.... soon India will lose confidence of Indians!!:hitwall:

You really need a plan.
Sir, We Do have a Man with the Plan and his policies are pretty much in line with Chinese Govt as far economy is concerned.
modi1--621x414.jpg

Sir, We Do have a Man with the Plan and his policies are pretty much in line with Chinese Govt as far economy is concerned.
modi1--621x414.jpg

He is one man.

Narendra Modi 2014

"Ok Hindu brothers and sisters, we must work like we have never worked before, study like there is no tomorrow and haul ***!"

Indians 2014

"the cricket is on..."
"This bollywood movie i gotta see..."
"The government subsidised rice didnt come, where is it?..."
"I wont let my wife and daughter work, its too dangerous..."
"you know what we need? we need more weapons from Europe! that will solve our problems!..."
"its too hot today, Im gonna call in sick..."
"im gonna spend the day trolling the ****** in PDF, nothing to do anyways..."

He is one man.

Narendra Modi 2014

"Ok Hindu brothers and sisters, we must work like we have never worked before, study like there is no tomorrow and haul ***!"

Indians 2014

"the cricket is on..."
"This bollywood movie i gotta see..."
"The government subsidised rice didnt come, where is it?..."
"I wont let my wife and daughter work, its too dangerous..."
"you know what we need? we need more weapons from Europe! that will solve our problems!..."
"its too hot today, Im gonna call in sick..."
"im gonna spend the day trolling the ****** in PDF, nothing to do anyways..."
You can troll If you want..But Majority of people here actually do work ..But may be the High IQ 50 cent poster has comprehension difficulties.

modi1--621x414.jpg

Indians themselves are shooting him down, even accusing him of being a mass murderer on live television. Despite him being cleared by the Indian supreme court.

And he is probably the best hope for the Indian economy.

Who needs enemies when forces in your own country are doing everything they can to destroy it.

If you can get this man into power it might be the economic miracle you need, but the chances of it happening are about as much as a miracle.

Indians themselves are shooting him down, even accusing him of being a mass murderer on live television. Despite him being cleared by the Indian supreme court.

And he is probably the best hope for the Indian economy.

Who needs enemies when forces in your own country are doing everything they can to destroy it.

If you can get this man into power it might be the economic miracle you need, but the chances of it happening are about as much as a miracle.
Yes sir, Exactly one of the Leading firm in Asia has pointed out the same..
http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/274267-only-congresss-defeat-2014-could-save-economy-clsa.html

You can troll If you want..But Majority of people here actually do work ..But may be the High IQ 50 cent poster has comprehension difficulties.

Comprehension difficulties? YES, I fail to comprehend how a nation can lounge around and then hope that some mass murdering extremist will solve all their future financial problems dug by the incompetence and laziness of 1.2 billion people.

The current Indian financial problems are created by the country as a whole, right down to the grass roots. A new leader is a step in the right direction but is a far far cry from the solution.

The MPs must do the responsible thing and have a no confidence vote on the current government. This is ridiculous. If this had happened in any other country, the PM and the leader of the parliament's largest party would have resigned himself/herself.

With the way things are going.... soon India will lose confidence of Indians!!:hitwall:

The MPs need to lose the confidence of the government. That is the first step and the only loss of confidence that counts.

This Crisis is a blessing in disguise ..... hopefully this crisis will make people elect a strong govt. next year ...everything in the world happens for a reason...

May your words be true, my friend.

This is the only way for people to rise.

As for the bolded part, even the Wise Buddhas have said it. :)

The MPs must do the responsible thing and have a no confidence vote on the current government. This is ridiculous. If this had happened in any other country, the PM and the leader of the parliament's largest party would have resigned himself/herself.

The MPs need to lose the confidence of the government. That is the first step and the only loss of confidence that counts.

The MPs are bought over by Congress.

They have amassed so much wealth in the last 55 years of their rule that they can virtually buy any politician from all the public swindle.

Not to mention their new internet pets seem to still be working for money rather than trying to save their country.

But this is the time when we have to stay strong.

This disaster is actually doing a good thing; it is waking people up about the corrupt nature of this regime and forcing people to see who are the real people who can 'get things done'.

Back
Top Bottom