What's new

India A crumble to humiliating defeat against West Indies A

Hafizzz

Reaction score
India A crumble to humiliating defeat against West Indies A - The Hindu: Mobile Edition

Manpreet Juneja’s resolute knock went in vain as India A succumbed to a humiliating 162-run defeat against the West Indies A in the first unofficial Test, giving away a 1-0 lead to the visitors in the three-match series here on Saturday.

Needing 314 runs to win the match after West Indies declared at their overnight second innings score of 130 for three, India were bundled out for 152 by first innings chief wreckers Nikita Miller and Veerasammy Permaul at the Gangothri Glades Cricket Grounds.

The hosts were earlier dismissed for 245 in the first innings, giving West Indies a lead of 184 runs.

The Indian top-order failed miserably with Manpreet Juneja being an exception with his 193-ball 70 after a first-innings effort of 84.

In the second innings, India lost half the side with a mere 90 runs on the board. Captain Cheteshwar Pujara (17) failed for the second time in the match, which proved quite crucial.

Openers Lokesh Rahul (9), Jiwanjyot Singh Chouhan (24) and Pujara (17) were dismissed cheaply but Juneja was the last man out.

The lower-order batsmen could not hang on with Juneja and lost their wickets after finding no answer to the mesmerising bowling by West Indies spinners.

For West Indies, the match was set up by captain Kirk Edwards (91), Kraigg Braithwaite (90) and Assad Fadudin (86) with their brilliant half-centuries in the first innings, which helped the team amass 429 all out.

Riding high on such a huge total, West Indies bowlers, especially spinners, exploited the conditions effectively, hardly giving a chance to the Indian batsmen to settle down in both the innings.

Left-arm orthodox spinner Nikita Miller was the pick of the West Indies bowler with figures of five for 40 for a match haul of nine wickets for 101 runs. Permaul, on the other hand, snapped up three wickets for a match haul of eight in a fine exhibition of spin bowling.

Right-arm off-break bowler Narsingh Deonarine was also handy with two crucial wickets of Rohit Motwani and Harshad Khadiwale.

In contrast, the Indian bowling was a great disappointment as Ashoke Dinda, Ishwar Pandey and Mohammad Shami did not fire in both the innings. They struggled to purchase wickets despite bowling 73 overs in the first innings for three wickets conceding 224 runs between them. They went wicket-less in the second innings as they failed to stick to a consistent line and length.

The two teams will now travel to Shimoga for the second unofficial Test which begins from October 2.

After this defeat, India will look to turn the tables on West Indies with Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan, joining the team. But it would be easier said than done as Gambhir and Sehwag performance in the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy has not been encouraging.

Its so Humiliating for you when nobody replied for this thread!! You are always looking anti India stuff. :rofl:

Dude just ignore this member thread's
Don't comment,you are a new member so i was telling you

Height of desperation knows no bounds... even an unofficial match played between two 2nd tier teams are a news!:woot:

Finally Hafizz speaks.....

"What's there to be sorry for! I just posted a news which I got. Though I agree that I was searching "India Humiliating" or something of that sort, but I could not find anything else other than this defeat in a cricket match, which btw no one gives a damn about."

"Why I do it? well, it's a long story. Have you seen Indians posting anything positive for Pakistan? No. Have you seen them not trolling all the time? No. So why you expect any decency or SHARAAFAT from me?"

"The other day, I went to our staff doctor. He is an Indian. I never hated Indians to be honest. I had met him because I had some itching I cant tell you where. And I always thought that these kind of "odd" places should be checked only by Indians. So he asked me to unbutton my pants and bend over. I was a bit afraid but I did that anyways. After checking a while he concluded that i should stop eating sugars because I had worms there. Can you believe it? Worms? He then circulated it in the entire office so that everyone gets to know about my assed worms!!"

"For the entire time I worked there, people used to do all the name callings on me. I am not saying that I am hurt or something, but what kind of doctor circulates a report about worms being present in your damn places!!"

@Topic....
Congratulations West Indies A.

@Hafizzz
Just joking ma friend. No offence. My sense of humor is pathetic anyways. You can joke on me all you want. I wont mind. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, this takes desperate to a whole new level.

woi na ....indians real issue pe kabhi baat hi nahin akrte.

ab maan b jao k haar gaye ho...... aap rona hi sharu kardete ho.
kuch der tak comment aaye ga k pakistan ne saazish karke bharat A ki team ko haraya hai..

pure ek arab ka yehi haal hai. huh

woi na ....indians real issue pe kabhi baat hi nahin akrte.

ab maan b jao k haar gaye ho...... aap rona hi sharu kardete ho.
kuch der tak comment aaye ga k pakistan ne saazish karke bharat A ki team ko haraya hai..

pure ek arab ka yehi haal hai. huh

ISI is responsible for this defeat :partay:

LOL....Indian trolls so Concerned about their country's "shining" image decides to reply LOL

Its not worse than us losing a test match against freaking Zimbabwe. Im still pissed over that defeat. Our cricket setup is totally messed up.

We got a PCB chairman who talks to chiryas and do not even know who we are playing and when we are playing and our selectors are some sell outs and idiots for selecting TTFs(Tested and tried failures) again and again and then we got a captain whose captaincy is pathetic(Misbah is a good batsman, but captain? Not at all).

whatever you say cricket is a game made by westerns and ruled by Asians :D

Ok.

But I find one thing funny....I came across many Indians who love cricket but they act like it was India who invented the game ! LOL

Back
Top Bottom