What's new

Increasing FDI to Bangladesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9imtAbZa4M

These people are stating the obvious but people of Bangladesh: PLEASE watch this video :)

Please do not post any thing from BTV. Increase in FDI is bound to happen improvement of the country but it is not significant only around 1 billion usd mark. Recently US ambassador said that investing in Bangladesh is not easy pointing some major problems political instability, lack of infrastructure, shortage of electricity, bureaucratic complicity etc.

Please do not post any thing from BTV. Increase in FDI is bound to happen improvement of the country but it is not significant only around 1 billion usd mark. Recently US ambassador said that investing in Bangladesh is not easy pointing some major problems political instability, lack of infrastructure, shortage of electricity, bureaucratic complicity etc.

I get the distinct impression you didn't actually watch the video... And why does it matter if the source is BTV or NTV or KoreaTV or Japan-TV?

Seriously, I have to ask: what is wrong with you? Why can't you focus on the actual information that's being dispersed instead of pointless non-sequitors that have nothing to do with the issue?

It's like I ask you: "How's traffic this afternoon?" And you tell me: "I saw a blue car"

Your comments are pointless & don't add anything to the discussion. So grow a brain or stop wasting my time.

I get the distinct impression you didn't actually watch the video... And why does it matter if the source is BTV or NTV or KoreaTV or Japan-TV?

Seriously, I have to ask: what is wrong with you? Why can't you focus on the actual information that's being dispersed instead of pointless non-sequitors that have nothing to do with the issue?

It's like I ask you: "How's traffic this afternoon?" And you tell me: "I saw a blue car"

Your comments are pointless & don't add anything to the discussion. So grow a brain or stop wasting my time.

I think Captain_Planet has a valid argument that Bangladesh, as quoted by the US Ambassador, lacks the basic infrastructures for a large amount of FDI to come by. A company or any company will not build a production facility in a country that lacks electricity, road accessibility, telephone/fax and Internet connections, and gas and water lines. These are the basic facilities a company will try to get before it decides to build a production facility. Bangladesh lacks in all the counts.

So, whatever a TV programme propagates it will not impress the would-be investors. Now-a-days many of them are going to Burma, instead.

I think Captain_Planet has a valid argument that Bangladesh, as quoted by the US Ambassador, lacks the basic infrastructures for a large amount of FDI to come by. A company or any company will not build a production facility in a country that lacks electricity, road accessibility, telephone/fax and Internet connections, and gas and water lines. These are the basic facilities a company will try to get before it decides to build a production facility. Bangladesh lacks in all the counts.

So, whatever a TV programme propagates it will not impress the would-be investors. Now-a-days many of them are going to Burma, instead.

Hi! First off - You're so lucky! I wish I lived in Japan (or even better Korea!) Btw - do you think something like K-pop would work in BD?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXy0m-4bvE - There's a growing middle-class in BD, it makes sense to market to them with homegrown talent rather than importing from India. My K-drama/J-pop loving randomness aside.

IE. BACK TO TOPIC: The FDI-investment video explored a lot of those issues - & it talks about how there's so much room for improvement. It states a lot of what he does but it also keeps a much more current outlook on what's happening rather than acting like nothing is changing.

I was responded to Captain_planet's bit about BTV. Not very kindly 'cus I don't think he's intelligent.

Why there is problem with BTV??? Go and ask any Bangladeshi 1st whether they even watch BTV or it's news??? If not then why??? We have already discussed several times this sort of news and article. You may be here just like a new born baby so dnt waste our times with topics which have been discussed several times.

No one denied that Bangladesh has better outlook to attract FDI but under current situation it is not possible. That have been said by US ambassador itself just 3-4 days ago. So whatever is the outlook if the ground reality has not been changed no better outcome can be expected.

Investors hate instability
No Ticfa, no duty-free access: Mozena

Investors hate instability

Political instability, investment uncertainty, corruption concerns and inadequate infrastructure are the major challenges ahead to attract foreign direct investment to Bangladesh, US Ambassador Dan Mozena said on Saturday, reports UNB.

"Investors hate (political) instability…investors hate uncertainty. These are all serious constraints…it's hard to invest here…it's very hard," he told a business discussion in the city citing examples of some 'critical interventions' at local level.

Mozena, however, thinks that these problems are solvable. "I believe, change and growth are possible and doable but someone has to lead the way in tackling and overcoming the various obstacles. Bangladesh can be a premium destination for investment."

@flame_retardant you have shown your true colors by posting BTV video out of all things.:rofl: You are a shameless false flag indian , so don't be ashamed of using your real flag kiddo. Even rishkawals don't watch BTV for obvious reasons and here you being a foreigner with a false flag is trying to teach us about our country eh?:cheesy:

I think many here will go with CaPtAiN_pLaNeT‎'s view, will you dictate the laws of not adding anything, growing brain etc. for everyone?

^^^^ Bro he is just a false flag lecturing us about our country. Doesn't know a $hit about current condition of BD and its infrastructure. He doesn't even know the recent WB and railway scandals and is talking about JICA's loan on metro rail. He is just a false flag ignorant troll otherwise who would post stuff from BTV , not even an awamiliger would be such a naive idiot.

Back
Top Bottom