What's new

In-camera briefing on buying French submarines demanded

Pak is also celebrating 50 years defence deal ties with Germany.

But all our inventory is from US or china , we never got anything major from Germans -

I mean we know all Pakistanis have BMW but these are not necessarily , considered something worth anything , unless we can put a Bakthar Shiken on em - lol sorry I had to put that in

These subs could be our first , but 5 subs would be something worth attaining , 3 new , 2 refurbished Germans

and 2 Agostas , I mean its kinda mind blowing here we are sittng with Agosta Subs , Transfer of technology , and yet we have not produced at least 10 subs of our own , 10 Agosts , sure they may not be , Nuclear subs, but if a Air careers is with in striking distance, the Subs can launch some devestating offence , on the Aircraft carrier if we have them in huge number -

But all our inventory is from US or china , we never got anything major from Germans -

I mean we know all Pakistanis have BMW but these are not necessarily , considered something worth anything , unless we can put a Bakthar Shiken on em - lol sorry I had to put that in

These subs could be our first , but 5 subs would be something worth attaining , 3 new , 2 refurbished Germans

and 2 Agostas , I mean its kinda mind blowing here we are sittng with Agosta Subs , Transfer of technology , and yet we have not produced at least 10 subs of our own , 10 Agosts , sure they may not be , Nuclear subs, but if a Air careers is with in striking distance, the Subs can launch some devestating offence , on the Aircraft carrier if we have them in huge number -

Aircraft careers are the sitting ducks n best coutner to em is stealth subs or subs like U boats. Beside incase of war Indian AC will never come out of its own shipyard take my words for it. n if we get stealth subs then it will be shi*tt*ing in its own backyard.

pakistan does not need any Aircraft careers but J11s to counter the hovering objects coming out of that ACs. Pakistan doctrine is totally different we go for minimum deterrence with maximum offence a bit clever use of resources.

plus we dont have objectives to fight long distance wars, all we need to do is just look over our shoulders.

Bresides that PN have plan to develop 3 Khalid class (Agosta ) submarine till 2020.
I feel they also want to encorporate U214 features in that.

PN would have total 9 advanced subs till 2020 (3 Agosta , 3 New locally build Agosta and 3 U214).

Besides that PN will build F-22P Zulfiquar with new features......Pakistan is going to build frigates, submarines, patroling boats locally.

U214 is must for PN, no other option

Last edited:
Bresides that PN have plan to develop 3 Khalid class (Agosta ) submarine till 2020.
I feel they also want to encorporate U214 features in that.

PN would have total 9 advanced subs till 2020 (3 Agosta , 3 New locally build Agosta and 3 U214).

Besides that PN will build F-22P Zulfiquar with new features......Pakistan is going to build frigates, submarines, patroling boats locally.

U214 is must for PN, no other option

I think for a nation that supplies engineers to Middle east , Europe , North America , and man power of 200 million + ppl , if we can't make 2 small subs / year its quite , what is the word ....

Lets not go there :coffee:

We could have had 10 Agostas + 6 normal subs we have , for total of 16 subs , from tactical stand point protecting the sea is important step to ensure no one breeches the shores of Pakistan

So I don't understand the logic, also with our Air Craft Carier we can't move our armies if any of our allies need assitance any where in world

I find it illogical thinking of not having any subs one dimensional plan

That the subs will protect us.

Air craft carriers are not sitting ducks they are protected by 20-30 Airplanes , and Submarine hunters, Sonar , and Destroyers and Frigates group ... its a movable fortress -

Back
Top Bottom