What's new

IMF Latest GDP Forecasts for South Asia

Thats a rather weak argument.If you look at it, India has had 4 wars with Pakistan and one with China. Both have been a constant military threat, we need to factor the resulting butterfly effect into account as well. Infact your very 1971 caused a considerable economic drain on India as well due to the huge influx of refugees.

However I am rather surprised BD will be having more or less the same "growth" percentage wise as India from 2015. Frankly I expect it to be far higher.

And when you speak of Per capita, PPP is equally relevant if not more.

List of countries by future GDP (PPP) per capita estimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13 Bangladesh 3,010 in 2018.

Bangladesh will not even be ahead of Pakistan in 2018, the same Pakistan which is in a strife(sort of) that is more draining than 1971 for you .

Frankly BD should have achieved more in its 42 years existence of relative stability.

You are the only Indian who is trying to make excuses for why India is not miles ahead of BD since you had a 24 year head start.

India has had 66 years and BD has had only 42 years of independence. That is a fact.

India has more resources per capita than BD does and it does not suffer from natural calamities as much as BD has done.

You see how making silly excuses like wars is not going to cut it here.

Simply it is proven beyond doubt that the BD state has been better run economically than the Indian state.

Accept it and move on.

Yes, a lot of harsh words were used, but no matter which way you look at it, it is clear that 'samv' flew off the handle first.

Slightly cleaner, is about the only thing I'd agree with having visited your country extensively. There are parts of the island that could do with a LOT more cleaning, and I wish that some of the hotels in Unawatuna and Bentota would throw their rubbish in garbage cans instead of directly in the water (albeit slyly, in the dead of night when they think no one's watching), and we all know that there are parts of rural and urban India that are *****-ridden too...But we have our ups and downs like any other massive country, although admittedly, we have higher ladders to climb. The levels of cleanliness in Goa, Kerala, and many more places around the country are probably higher than most of Sri Lanka, but if you choose to cherry pick what you want to sling back with, then be my guest. The dictatorship that the Lankans live under on a daily basis have done their collective civic sense much good, and while they seem generally content on the outside, a little deeper probing reveals something else.

Anyway, I can't be bothered by any more petty arguments and comparisons this evening. Have a good week.

No its not slightly its LOT cleaner and LOT less poverty..I ve been to India and I had a gf from Goa so I ve been there as well.And tell you what its cleaner compared to rest of India but its still a dump site..I doubt there is any city in India that is anywhere clean as any SLn city including war torn Jaffna..

You are the only Indian who is trying to make excuses for why India is not miles ahead of BD since you had a 24 year head start.

India has had 66 years and BD has had only 42 years of independence. That is a fact.

India has more resources per capita than BD does and it does not suffer from natural calamities as much as BD has done.

You see how making silly excuses like wars is not going to cut it here.

Simply it is proven beyond doubt that the BD state has been better run economically than the Indian state.

Accept it and move on.

Lol, you are the one who first made this excuse that BD had a civil war etc etc. Your post insinuated as though BD had it very very tough and everything was roses for India and that BD is economically more efficient. Everyone were praising BD but then you started the D*** comparison. And now you bring in the excuse of "natural calamity".:cheesy: Everyone can see who is making the excuses here.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...gdp-forecasts-south-asia-8.html#ixzz2hlAXRtQH

The fact remains that BD will only barely be comparable with strife torn Pakistan economically in 2018.

Now I know you wont accept this so be delusional and move on! Joy Hasina

No its not slightly its LOT cleaner and LOT less poverty..I ve been to India and I had a gf from Goa so I ve been there as well.And tell you what its cleaner compared to rest of India but its still a dump site..I doubt there is any city in India that is anywhere clean as any SLn city including war torn Jaffna..

Lol sure. Cherry picking again, aren't we? Why am I not surprised?

...and LMAO @ "I had a gf from Goa".... You're beginning to sound like the tens of thousands of impoverished boys who live by SL's beaches who claim to have girlfriends from all over the world. We all know what that means haha. I could only laugh at what I best describe as 'their naivety'. Anyway, that's beside the point.

Lol sure. Cherry picking again, aren't we? Why am I not surprised?

...and LMAO @ "I had a gf from Goa".... You're beginning to sound like the tens of thousands of impoverished boys who live by SL's beaches who claim to have girlfriends from all over the world. We all know what that means haha. I could only laugh at what I best describe as 'their naivety'. Anyway, that's beside the point.

seems like you spent of of time with beach boys.not one or two but tens of thousands !.i met her in England when I was studying there and we were together for 2 years..you don`t who i am and I don`t know who you are..also have no intention to talk about my personal life here anymore...But I will come back if your or your bunch wankars start insult SL again like they do for all countries here !!

Sri Lanka is over hyped on this forum. Parts of S India look much better than that country. anyway, having deprived neighbor on both sides, the'd believe what Lankans have to say but reality is they throng in thousands every year Indian universities to get admission.

Cut the crap Sri Lanka. Ive been to length and breadth of your country and know what the reality is. except for few sq ms of Colombo, Sri Lanka is trash.

seems like you spent of of time with beach boys.not one or two but tens of thousands !

Dude that was actually quite funny! But that's cool ...well whatever fantasy helps you sleep better at night...Hahaha

...and no one gives a £&@? about your personal life. You brought it up.

@ Sri Lankans, macho mun ekka lankava compare karanna epa. wadakata nathi wadak. katha karanavata vada nihadava rata diyunu karana eka thama api kanna ona!

thava Avrudu 4-5 kin e aya development eka gana hoda kiyai api gana... South East Island, Sri Lanka! :cheers:

Unfortunately I have to admit I agree on one thing with these handful of insular petty Indian posters

It's completely useless to compare Sri Lanka with India

Given our HDI, Economic growth, Infrastructure and living standards, sanitary conditions comparable with developed countries or those highly developing upper middle class countries, It's more prudent to bench mark the country with those of East Asian and South East Asian Tiger economies

It's better to leave these people to their delusions of grandeur, In their bubble of bollywood fantasy, They obviously suffer from a massive inferiority complex

Now ignore them and get back to the subject at hand..

seems like you spent of of time with beach boys.not one or two but tens of thousands !.i met her in England when I was studying there and we were together for 2 years..you don`t who i am and I don`t know who you are..also have no intention to talk about my personal life here anymore...But I will come back if your or your bunch wankars start insult SL again like they do for all countries here !!

seems like he had a lot of fun with the beach boys :D i wonder if they used protection while doing it

This is because the currency was artificially pegged to decrease the cost of import. The government got rid of this recently, and will try to float the SL Rupee. But the value of the currency is not important, as even the yen of Japan is around the same value.
This is an error many Indians make when comparing Sri Lanka to India. You cannot compare your best provinces to an entire country, you must compare best provinces to best provinces, or countries to countries.

How does having a high currency rate decrease cost of import?

Comparing India with Sri lanka is comparing Apple with oranges because of size,population, demography, diversity and geography.
Best you can compare is with countries like BD or Nepal, that would make sense
It is the countries that are compared; comparing countries with a city in another is stupid!

Even with India's appalling treatment of:

Muslims
Kashmiris
Dalits
Christians
North Easterners
Women
Female babies
Tribals

India has done terribly.
I don’t think india has done terribly.

You are a third world nation with massive poverty and an abusive culture. You need to get out of your ivory tower and smell the blood on your hands. :lol:
I said SL did well and you respond by saying India has done terribly ? Now pi$$ off into that hole you crawled out from blackie boy.
Yours is a third world country as well with many many poor people in it.
What do you know about the culture in SL? SL is one of the most laid back, passive cultures.

A nation of murderers and molester bragging about their proverty :lol: .... your pathetic pi$$ of a nation survive on our mercy. You live on our charity and when time comes we will make you bend over and relieve our-self all over you.
14.5% of Sri lanken men have admitted to rape.... a nation of rapists. But with your ugly looks fcuks like you have no option but to rape and kill.
Your women look like black $hit that we dump everyday so you are lucky no other nationality men will every rape your ugly girls. Pi$$ off ugly blackie coke sucker and the next time India says Jump, better ask how high.
India too is a nation of murderers. Don’t get me started on oppression of Khalistani movement and the massacre of Sikhs afterwards.
14.5% that admitted to have raped are normally marital rape. And thank that india is not in the participant list because if you did there would be more than 50%.

Butt ugly Blackie boys like you lick Indian shoes for a living. 14.5 % of Sri Lankan men have admited to rape ....and you have the audacity to talk about India.
Truly a ugly and shameless nation full of molester and murderers who kill children because they speak a different language.

Perverted sex crazed nation like your ugly country has no honor nor do you have any shame. Its no wonder you were considered demons by Indians :sick: ... that and your ugly looks.

You women are raped and molested on a regular basis. 10% of sri lankan men have admitted to raping a unknown women :sick:

You are the $hit hole of the world, a nation of uncivilized barbarians who were barely civilized by India.

Now Jump you ugly @ss sri lankan.
What is wrong with being black? We are black and we are proud of our skin color. In our culture black is the color of masculinity. If a fair and lovely indian like you were here you would be considered as a gay person.
And is nt it hilarious when INDIANS point at RAPES in another country!
We are proud of be Indians. A nation who makes sri lankans kiss our @ss daily. A nation who can make you bend over and ride you.

If 1.2 billion people come together and pi$$ on your nation then you will drown in our pi$$. You 3 generations will grow up drinking our pi$$.

Writing in bold will not hide the fact that you are a uncivilized nation of rapists and murderers. A nation of ugly people with ugly moral standards.

You president comes and begs before India. :lol:... a nation of beggars who thinks they are somebody. LOL.

You will continue to live off our charity like a dog tied to the post outside the house. sri lanka is that dog which India owns. A dog who is ugly, but useful to clean up our $hit.

A ugly dog who rapes and kills but is useful as entertainment material.

Now Jump sri lankan. .... jump like you were born to jump monkey boy.
If you are a proud indian why are you bu** hurt after reading Lankan statistics? Doesn’t that bring out the insecure and inferior indian inside you? The reality is you people believed india is great when rest of south asia is struggling. When you are proven wrong you act like a kid!
And before talking about pi$$ing on others fix your water problems. As time immemorial Indians have been pi$$in on roads but we haven’t heard of even a flood due to that.
:lol: ... you are pulling statics for India right out of your
But I have stating facts reported by your own news paper :rofl:

sri lanka is a land of rapist and murderers where 14.5 % of men have ADMITTED to Rape. The % of men who has raped and has NOT Admitted is unknown.

A land where 3 children are raped every day !!!

A third world barbaric country that lives on Indian mercy.

A begger nation that begs India every day for something.

Now Jump sri lankan .... jump you black monkey boy. Jump because your master India has ordered you to jump.
Is nt it funny when Indians point at other countries rape data? India is the land of rapists!
Even pakistan is better than sri lanka. They have honor, you have none.
This the truth about Sri Lanka :lol:
Audacity of a shameless nation of ugly people is on full display.
Pi$$ of a nation who is forever in begging mode. We kicked out your army men from training and your cricketers , but you have come back begging Indians for more.
Your presidents begs before us, so really you are just a pathetic worm from sri lanka.
A beggar nation that lives on Indian charity is now barking like a dog.
We ended your war and we can start new wars in your pathetic nation black monkey boy. Your president knows that. That is why he is forever visiting India and begging us for mercy.
Stop raping your women sri lankan. They are ugly, but they are human.
Stop raping your children ugly blackie boy.
Now Jump sri lakan .... jump for all you are worth. Be a good little dog you are trained to be.
How did you kick army men from SL? SL army called them back and indian gov didn’t even considered your concerns. They just moved them to a different location in india. Do you think india is tamil nadu? Even SL cricketers were welcomed and cheered at in the rest of india. Actually the one who as isolated was TN cos rest of india was with SL. Understood bu++ hurt TN goon?
Where does SL beg from india? India is starting investment projects looking for profit, nothing is free.
And calling SL people ugly and dark is high coming from an indian especially a TN goon. Go and look at people in TN.
If SLn are ugly why do you have SLn actresses in your Bollywood. Even many of the female tamils stars in tamil cinema are half srilankan
^^^^
What a insecure little retard with a massive inferiority complex!!.. And Indians here wonder why almost all the other posters dislike them.. QUOTE]
Yep it is insecurity at best!
You can give your advice to insecure retards from your nation who is out to display his massive inferiority complex. We don't care a fcuk if you like us or not, first learn to respect others.
I complemented SL and in return the b@stard had the audacity to criticize India. Now he will know what real criticism taste's like.
Those who get bu++ hurt at others’ success are the real insecure retards! You are not criticisng SL men you are making fun of yourself and insulting your country’s name.
Your treatment of Tamils were appalling. They have been raped, killed and almost wiped out. Are you going to stand here and claim they deserved it ?
Tamil were never wiped out. That is why they continue to live as a major community in central province and even Colombo. North is completely tamil except some moors. No one deserve destruction, but when you wage war you have to be ready for repercussions.
Massive inferiority complex is visible when 15.5 % of you men turn rapists. That inferiority complex is visible when you kill other to satisfy your bigotry.

Massive inferiority complex is visible when SL come to paksitani site to bad mouth India and brag about SL.

Better a escapist society than a murderous rapist society. Cowardly scums who cannot stomach other nations strength and greatness hence have such diarrhea of jealous out bursts.
How is inferiority complex visible from data on rape? Either you do not understand what inferiority complex means or down right stupid.
lol..no need to reply them mate. they are too dependent on us,Their market is flooded with Indian products, heck we are the major import partners of Sri Lanka. I do not consider them even worthy of my reply on this thread, considering they are trying to bite the hands feeding them.

anyway, Haapy Dussehra, the day when the lankan Rakshasa named Ravan was killed by Lord Rama
because they don't need to. they flock in thousands every year to get admission in Indian universities.
if we are buying your products, you can’t cut us off ne. so do you want us to stop buying indian products? Ok!
Thanks for the paper I am into development economics, yes Bangladesh has a very similar set of objectives, though the metrics are somewhat different. I think the key is Sri Lanka's education policy, both at the grass root level and the university and research level.

I would like to see something similar to the Malaysian model of vision 2020, with all parties signed up to it and focused 100% on achieving those goals! though I must say Bangladesh hasn't done too bad considering all the hurdles in its way.

1. Lack of natural resources compared to other nations.
2. Political mismanagement and corruption.
3. Unfriendly regional neighbours.
4. Natural calamities.

We have made good strides, and have had consistent growth of above 6% for some while now. The next stage is to move to the next gear, industrialisation and the knowledge based economy. With costs in China increasing and naturally they are themselves moving on, Bangladesh can look into becoming the production centre for various sectors, though not on the same scale as China.

I predict in the next few years, you will see many of the factories shifting from China to Bangladesh, infact the trend has already started.
I like the way Bangladesh turned things around. Good leadership and good policies. Bangla is really using its human resources and also keeping religious extremists at bay is one of the best things you did.
Hope SL leaders can learn from Banagla. What are the other industries in Bangladesh and what about tourism there? Your power sector? Is it hydro energy or anything else? What are the companies in garment sector in Bangladesh? Which markets do you cater to and what are the products in garment sector?
You said you study development economics. Are you an under grad? :D
Also do you have a clothe weaving industry like sarees?
except for garments, what else can you produce? Infact BD's growth story is ONLY due to garments, the moment its demand falls in EU, BD would go back to square one because it has nothing else to support its growth
What triggered Bangla’s growth is immaterial, what matters is bangla is growing.

If I were given a choice to travel to India and Sri Lanka, I won't consider any single time about India. Every one in China loves Sri Lanka and Maldives, far more beautiful places than India. BTW, how is Sri Lanka's tourist site, I love the beach and sunshine. I knew Sri Lanka a wonderful place through China's official media since I was little.
Never been to SL? Come here cos costs could go up in the future, also SL is much MORE than beach and sun shine.
Sri Lanka is over hyped on this forum. Parts of S India look much better than that country. anyway, having deprived neighbor on both sides, the'd believe what Lankans have to say but reality is they throng in thousands every year Indian universities to get admission.
Cut the crap Sri Lanka. Ive been to length and breadth of your country and know what the reality is. except for few sq ms of Colombo, Sri Lanka is trash.
I agree SL has a lot to do and a long way to go ahead. If lankans come to indian universities that means we are a source of income to you. And how does Lankan coming to Indian universities and SL GDP per person has any relationship? How cleanliness in SL does have any impact from Lankans going to Ind universities? Running out of arguments?
Sri Lanka has to develop in terms of cleanliness, but calling it trash specially from Indians is humorous. When compared with india, SL is way more clean and tidy. Actually you go away from city Colombo Sl will be cleaner and greener.

srilanka is in nominal growth these days achiving 4000usd capital almost there

You 3rd world loser, now started to insult Sri Lanka, after trolling China? Sri Lanka is far more better than you, I heard of Sri Lanka as a beautiful tourist nation on China's CCTV media since I'm little.

Here comes '50 cent troll'........... 

Last edited:
Rape incidents are less than or something around 3000 in SL per year, sure it should also stop. But it's not a worst place for women like in India......

What an irony, the UN is proposing to take action against the Sri-Lankans for raping and murdering their fellow citizens and you're saying, India is worst place for women....
You seem to be vary happy with the 3000/year rape rate in Sri-Lanka which obviously doesn't include rapes and murders of Tamils.....

Back
Top Bottom