What's new

IAF betting big on Sukhoi-30 MKIs to fight two front wars with china and Pa

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
08sl1.jpg

In recently concluded ‘Live-Wire’ exercise, conducted from March 18 to April 4 by IAF, Two Sukhoi-30 MKIs flew long-range missions from Chabua (Assam) to the western front and dropped bombs almost covering 1800 km in air distance , Sukhoi Pilots are taking long duration missions more often now, Considering the threat perception from both China and Pakistan, IAF has upgraded its capabilities to meet any challenge from the two fronts simultaneously and Sukhoi-30 MKI will be the aircraft which will lead from the front to fight India’s Next war.

IAF already has inducted close to 200 Sukhoi-30 MKI into its fleet and whole deal for acquiring 272 aircrafts will be completed in next 3 to 4 years. Sukhoi-30MKI along with upgraded Mirage-2000-5 and MiG-29UPG will play a lead role in India’s Next aerial war.

Sukhoi-30MKI in next few years will become the single largest type of fighters in IAF service, marking a huge technological transition from the dominance of MIG-21 fighters In Indian air force over the years , It will be Back-bone of the IAF fleet for next two decades before FGFA comes into play .

Sukhoi-30MKI recently clocked more than 90,000 hours of flying hours in the last 13 years and had a good track-record with IAF. But in recent years IAF has lost 4 Sukhoi-30MKI in crashes which has brought focus back on quality, maintenance and servicing issues at the HAL.

IAF plans to upgrade structurally at least 40 Sukhoi-30MKI to enable them to carry Air launched variant of BrahMos Cruise Missile and plans are to upgrade first Batch of (MKI-1) under the Super Sukhoi Program to carry advanced radars and weapon systems.

The up gradation plan involves equipping the aircraft with long-range stand-off missiles up to the range of 300 km and the aircraft would also have the highly-advanced Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar along with the latest avionics systems. Plans are also to equip Su-30’s with latest beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) such has Meteor BVRAAM and DRDO developed Astra BVRAAM.

IAF betting big on Sukhoi-30 MKIs to fight two front wars with china and Pakistan. | idrw.org

1. There isn't a possibility of a one-front war (even with Pakistan, forget China) & we are here talking about two-front wars??

2. Indian Media is getting increasingly PARANOID with this concept of a two-front war (this din't happen even when none of the three nations had nukes, how will it happen now??) which is a Figment of someone's Imagination or maybe this is a story which SELLS.

3. If God-Forbid, two-front war does happen, than we are talking about a World War scenario (again an Impossibility).

Preparing for all contingencies is good, Getting Paranoid is BAD.

Time, we shouldn't support these BS on this forum anymore (just my opinion).

Yeah,true these alarmist articles are getting old.Still nice to know IAF is ever prepared.

1. There isn't a possibility of a one-front war (even with Pakistan, forget China) & we are here talking about two-front wars??

2. Indian Media is getting increasingly PARANOID with this concept of a two-front war (this din't happen even when none of the three nations had nukes, how will it happen now??) which is a Figment of someone's Imagination or maybe this is a story which SELLS.

3. If God-Forbid, two-front war does happen, than we are talking about a World War scenario (again an Impossibility).

You have a point there. Any loose talk of War is absurd and in case of these half-baked journalists is simply hyperbole. Is it to grab eyeballs? Maybe.

The threat of Conflict with China has recceded to its least probable likely-hood in 6 decades. On the West that is still not the case; the tensions are there but lower. Only future predictability is still moot.

All said and done, IAF is just working out all the SOPs for its fleet or war-planes considering that it is below its sanctioned strength. So it playing around with quick re-deployment exercises as well as long-range deployments. It just happens that the Su-30MKIs are the ideal birds for this, given their abilities.

Eisenhower (if i remember correctly) once remarked TALK SOFTLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK.
With increasing co-operation, i don't suppose there is any possibility of a conflict with China in near future and as far a Pakistan is concerned, conflict even if it happens is going to be in a very limited theater. I don't think either India or Pakistan would want/can afford a full fledged war.

Sukhois will IMHO remain as Deterrent only.

They are not paranoid, they are exaggerating and creating war hyseria to sell their news papers..

Good to know, hope they concentrate on pilot training, too many crashes taking place these days. 4 SU-30's already lost, atrocious flight record

Eisenhower (if i remember correctly) once remarked TALK SOFTLY BUT CARRY A BIG STICK.
With increasing co-operation, i don't suppose there is any possibility of a conflict with China in near future and as far a Pakistan is concerned, conflict even if it happens is going to be in a very limited theater. I don't think either India or Pakistan would want/can afford a full fledged war.

Sukhois will IMHO remain as Deterrent only.

About the underlined part: that was Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt who is credited with that statement. The "Teddy Bear" is also apocryphally connected to him.

Good to know, hope they concentrate on pilot training, too many crashes taking place these days. 4 SU-30's already lost, atrocious flight record

Miyan, I hope you are concentrating on your Kite-Flying. Or else you will lose too much "manja". More than you can afford.

Nothing is wrong in Being Prepared. But there is hardly a chance of war with China or Pak.

Is there something new ???.... SU 30 MKI will fight a 2 front war ( if that happens ) because its our frontline fighter....we dont intend to hide them in sand.

Meteor BVRAAM in MKI ??? :unsure:

About the underlined part: that was Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt who is credited with that statement. The "Teddy Bear" is also apocryphally connected to him.

Thanks for correcting me, he mentioned this when US was developing first of N Bombs.

China will simply launch rocket artillery from Tibet straight into New Delhi and finish off India once and for all!

China will simply launch rocket artillery from Tibet straight into New Delhi and finish off India once and for all!

We'll **** your tibet railway with brahmos. If New Delhi goes Beijing , Shanghai , etc go.

BTW we even have BMD (Indian THAAD) in place.

Back
Top Bottom