What's new

I still have the spark in me : Razzaq

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
No idea how Pak posters see this man. I find him to be among the best players of the subcontinent.

Very underrated by Pakistan.

628100-razzak-1383757104-277-640x480.jpg

KARACHI:
Once regarded as one of the best all-rounders in the world, Abdul Razzaq, for many, is a spent force. But the experienced campaigner does not agree, saying he still has the energy to compete at the international level.

Razzaq’s last outing was against Australia at the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last year after which he was sidelined. Many believed his snub was a result of his outburst against captain Mohammad Hafeez following the loss in the event’s semi-final against Sri Lanka — a game Razzaq was benched for.

As a result, he was fined by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) under then chairman Zaka Ashraf.

Razzaq subsequently went into hibernation for months and only returned to the cricket field in a T20 Ramzan tournament last July.

However, after a chance in the PCB’s regime, he declared his desire to make a comeback to international cricket.

The all-rounder made himself available for domestic cricket and a month ago, he was invited to the National Cricket Academy in Lahore before finally getting an entry in the national team for the two T20 games against South Africa in Dubai.

Razzaq, who will turn 34 on December 2, was elated with his return to the national team.

“It’s a huge positive for me,” the all-rounder told The Express Tribune.

“The recall has brought new energy in me and I will do my best to justify my selection.”

‘I can still win matches’

Three years ago, Razzaq played one of the best One-Day-International knocks, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against South Africa during the 2010 ODI series in Abu Dhabi.

He smashed an unbeaten 109 and scored 62 off the last 65 runs to win the match single handedly.

“I believe I still have that power,” he said. “My fitness has improved and I am also enjoying my bowling, and now it all depends on my utilisation.

“If I am sent at number eight with two overs left, I’ll definitely go for the big shots as per the team’s requirement. I am not one who aims for personal records.”

Razzaq, while leading ZTBL at the President’s One-Day Cup tournament, so far has failed to produce great results — scoring 39 runs and taking two wickets from two matches.

However, he said he was close to regaining his rhythm, adding that he wanted to play at least till the 2015 World Cup.

“I am looking to regain the ODI spot too and my ultimate target is to play the 2015 World Cup.”

‘Never had tiff with Hafeez’

Meanwhile, Razzaq said he will be comfortable playing under Hafeez’s captaincy.

“I never had any fight with Hafeez,” said the all-rounder. “It all happened because of Zaka Ashraf who had issues with me and wanted me out of team.”

Published in The Express Tribune, November 7th, 2013.

Going back to the old shows how desperate we are to find ways to win.

Nothing against Razzaq. But we had problems finding talent recently in the batting department.

All good luck to Sohaib Maqsood.

He was a good all-round player. Efficient in all aspects of the game except the fielding department.

The problem arises when the senior players instead of curing their weaknesses, prefer to indulge in the team politics.His rivalry with another all rounder is understandable.A good gesture that he has shown his availability for the team.

Abdul Razzaq was a decent all-rounder. But he is a spent force now. Pakistan needs to bring in new blood & give them a decent run, regardless how the fare to start with!

I am saying this from 2 years in this forum, please include Abdur razzaq, abdur razzaq... we have no substitute of him .... Razzaq is the match finisher and clean hitter even Razzaq has better average than hafeez in ODIs... 30.7. Now i wish that Pakistani team to lose every match and then say "Thanks to Allah":....

No idea how Pak posters see this man. I find him to be among the best players of the subcontinent.

Very underrated by Pakistan.

628100-razzak-1383757104-277-640x480.jpg

KARACHI:
Once regarded as one of the best all-rounders in the world, Abdul Razzaq, for many, is a spent force. But the experienced campaigner does not agree, saying he still has the energy to compete at the international level.

Razzaq’s last outing was against Australia at the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last year after which he was sidelined. Many believed his snub was a result of his outburst against captain Mohammad Hafeez following the loss in the event’s semi-final against Sri Lanka — a game Razzaq was benched for.

As a result, he was fined by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) under then chairman Zaka Ashraf.

Razzaq subsequently went into hibernation for months and only returned to the cricket field in a T20 Ramzan tournament last July.

However, after a chance in the PCB’s regime, he declared his desire to make a comeback to international cricket.

The all-rounder made himself available for domestic cricket and a month ago, he was invited to the National Cricket Academy in Lahore before finally getting an entry in the national team for the two T20 games against South Africa in Dubai.

Razzaq, who will turn 34 on December 2, was elated with his return to the national team.

“It’s a huge positive for me,” the all-rounder told The Express Tribune.

“The recall has brought new energy in me and I will do my best to justify my selection.”

‘I can still win matches’

Three years ago, Razzaq played one of the best One-Day-International knocks, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against South Africa during the 2010 ODI series in Abu Dhabi.

He smashed an unbeaten 109 and scored 62 off the last 65 runs to win the match single handedly.

“I believe I still have that power,” he said. “My fitness has improved and I am also enjoying my bowling, and now it all depends on my utilisation.

“If I am sent at number eight with two overs left, I’ll definitely go for the big shots as per the team’s requirement. I am not one who aims for personal records.”

Razzaq, while leading ZTBL at the President’s One-Day Cup tournament, so far has failed to produce great results — scoring 39 runs and taking two wickets from two matches.

However, he said he was close to regaining his rhythm, adding that he wanted to play at least till the 2015 World Cup.

“I am looking to regain the ODI spot too and my ultimate target is to play the 2015 World Cup.”

‘Never had tiff with Hafeez’

Meanwhile, Razzaq said he will be comfortable playing under Hafeez’s captaincy.

“I never had any fight with Hafeez,” said the all-rounder. “It all happened because of Zaka Ashraf who had issues with me and wanted me out of team.”

Published in The Express Tribune, November 7th, 2013.
PCB has problem of underrating every good performer ever player who shows some talent boom next hes gone 
Going back to the old shows how desperate we are to find ways to win.

Nothing against Razzaq. But we had problems finding talent recently in the batting department.

All good luck to Sohaib Maqsood.
Did you saw last nights Match batting of sohaib, problem is not with talent Pakistan has alot of talent problem is we don't have the finders

Back
Top Bottom