What's new

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama

instead of being viewed as a godking now he claims to be a son of India,that's hilarious.and India,by harboring him and his "exile "government for so long,will get your equal treatment from China.

I heard China already harbors anti-india 'violent' groups in Yunnan province, admitted by one of the leaders of those groups itself ;)

and, guys, u are mis-interpreting the words of Dalai Lama here. He said that in his capacity as a buddhist monk.

Pakistan should send ISI to assassinate Dalai Lama if China don't know how to stop him. Maybe Russia FSS help.

1. What do u think of ISI a contract killer/mafia???????????

2. Are you calling for cold blooded murder of a humble Monk on a international forum??????

the CIA and RAW did helped the khampa army in the heydays of tibetan uprising. Not anymore though.

The Chinese helped the dalai during the gurkha invasion, the mongolians helped him fight other schhols of tibetan buddhism. CIA helped him in his capacity as the de-facto ruler of tibet and not as a buddhist monk.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Pakistan should send ISI to assassinate Dalai Lama if China don't know how to stop him. Maybe Russia FSS help.

there is a reason why even China have not dared to touch him. His murder would result in complete turmoil in tibet.

And proud of it, I see!!!!!

I guess long live China!!!!!!!!!

But here is my question to you, since Dalai Lama is so close to Chinese culture, why is he saying, we as Tibetians are closer to Indian culture?

There are some things you need to understand about Tibetans:

1- their language comes from Sanskrit. The script, the alphabet, the letters, the pronunciations everything.
2- Buddh Dharma. Tibetan school of Buddh Dharma is called Vajrayana Buddhism or in English called Tantric Buddhism (I partially belong to that school of thought as we in bordering states share this commonly with Tibet). This is the closest school of thought to mainstream Hindu dharma.

Tibetans are as close to Chinese culture as German culture is to Fijian culture...:coffee:

there is a reason why even China have not dared to touch him. His murder would result in complete turmoil in tibet.

murder is a crime and should not be alllowed anywhere in this world.we only want him stop his political activities and concentrate on practicing his religion like most religious figures around the world do.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

There are some things you need to understand about Tibetans:

1- their language comes from Sanskrit. The script, the alphabet, the letters, the pronunciations everything.
2- Buddh Dharma. Tibetan school of Buddh Dharma is called Vajrayana Buddhism or in English called Tantric Buddhism (I partially belong to that school of thought as we in bordering states share this commonly with Tibet). This is the closest school of thought to mainstream Hindu dharma.

Tibetans are as close to Chinese culture as German culture is to Fijian culture...:coffee:

ethnically and linguistically Tibten is very close to Han Chinese.but it is not that important anyway.

ethnically and linguistically Tibten is very close to Han Chinese.but it is not that important anyway.

Wikipedia
Tibetans speak the Tibetan language, which belongs to the Sino-Tibetan languages and has many mutually unintelligible dialects.

Genetics

In 2010, a study of genomic variation suggests that the majority of the Tibetan gene pool may have diverged from the Han around 3,000 years ago.[14] However, there are possibilities of much earlier human inhabitation of Tibet,[15][16] and these early residents may have contributed to the modern Tibetan gene pool.[17] Further anthropological and genetic studies will be needed to clarify the history of human settlement in Tibet.

The distribution of Haplogroup D-M174 is found among nearly all the populations of Central Asia and Northeast Asia south of the Russian border, although generally at a low frequency of 2% or less. A dramatic spike in the frequency of D-M174 occurs as one approaches the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau of western China. D-M174 is also found at high frequencies in Japanese people but it fades into low frequencies in the eastern mainland China between Japan and Tibet.

Linguistically, they are not very close to chinese, i think. their alphabet is derived from sanskrit. through their calender is much or less the same as chinese. Tibet is an example of amalgamation of Chinese and Indian cultures. Ethnically they're closest to mongols.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Wikipedia

From wikipedia again:-

Tibetan alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The creation of the Tibetan alphabet is attributed to Thonmi Sambhota of the mid-7th century. Tradition holds that Thonmi Sambhota, a minister of Songtsen Gampo (569-649), was sent to India to study the art of writing, and upon his return introduced the alphabet. The form of the letters is based on an Indic alphabet of that period"

TIBETAN ALPHABET:-

TibetanABC1.gif

HINDI ALPHABET
image002.gif

Linguistically, they are not very close to chinese, i think. their alphabet is derived from sanskrit. through their calender is much or less the same as chinese. Tibet is an example of amalgamation of Chinese and Indian cultures. Ethnically they're closest to mongols.

Their spoken language belongs to the sino-tibetan language family, which share a common root. They probably borrowed Sanskrit because they didn't have their own writing system, like Vietnamese uses Latin but is not latin derived itself. Genetically they share about half their Y DNA (O3) with Han and the other half (D) unique to them, the Japanese and Andaman Islanders. Both Tibetan and Han cultures were affected by Buddhism. Tibetans were shamanist before they were completely converted, while the Han where still able to preserve and propagate their culture.

the religion of tibet before the advent of Buddhism is called Bon.

the north east easterners speak languages/dialects that are distinguished as tibeto-burmic. the tibetan language, insofar,is as independent an language as hindi or chinese. Being neighbours, it is but natural that there would be Chinese influence in the languge. They form a part of sino-tibetan language, but tibetan language is very very different from Chinese language.

Tibetan languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sino-Tibetan languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tibeto-Burman languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:Human Language Families Map.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I understand tibetan, that is why i am so sure :)

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

anywhichway, the basis of tibetan culture is buddhism, which can never be alienated from India :P

Their spoken language belongs to the sino-tibetan language family, which share a common root. They probably borrowed Sanskrit because they didn't have their own writing system, like Vietnamese uses Latin but is not latin derived itself. Genetically they share about half their Y DNA (O3) with Han and the other half (D) unique to them, the Japanese and Andaman Islanders. Both Tibetan and Han cultures were affected by Buddhism. Tibetans were shamanist before they were completely converted, while the Han where still able to preserve and propagate their culture.

I don't think you really know about this side much mate. You're comparing oranges to cabbages by comparing Latin example with Tibet. I am from a state which borders Tibet and has been so for hundreds of thousands of years. We have a lot of them here. Your Western classifications taught are TOTALLY wrong about East.

the religion of tibet before the advent of Buddhism is called Bon.

the north east easterners speak languages/dialects that are distinguished as tibeto-burmic. the tibetan language, insofar,is as independent an language as hindi or chinese. Being neighbours, it is but natural that there would be Chinese influence in the languge. They form a part of sino-tibetan language, but tibetan language is very very different from Chinese language.

Tibetan languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sino-Tibetan languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tibeto-Burman languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:Human Language Families Map.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I understand tibetan, that is why i am so sure :)

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

anywhichway, the basis of tibetan culture is buddhism, which can never be alienated from India :P

The differences account for the thousands of years of separation, but the basic grammar and sentence structure is similar suggest a common root. And I always had the idea that the reason Buddhism grew in the east was because it was persecuted by the Hindus.

First time i find out couple of Chinese royal members who don't hate India from the core and i am so happy. And please all sane chinese members India won't allow any anti -China activity which could take innocent Chinese lives. Dalai Lama is very peaceful and noble man. There could be difference of opinion on that but nobody can give example about any terrorist activity from Indian soil againest Chinese people's lives.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom