How Islam is doing in non oil producing countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Mamba1

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I have heard many people accross the world to say that The religion will see an end when oil sources in middle east will seize to exist . I strongly disagree with such view point. After all , quickest spread of Islam happened when human did not have any concept of oil.
In this context I must say , I have very little idea about how Islam is doing in non oil producing countries. I have acecdotal experience in some countries which are not reprentative at all. May I request learned people here to enlighten us ?

Please avoid mentioning Pakistan and India in this discussion as we have some ideas about these two countries and also that discussion will derail the thread for sure

Islam and oil are unconnected

Islam spread and survived before much of the oil was found and will survive and continue after

Turkey is one of the few Muslim countrys without Oil, our country is Secular but Turks are generally religious.

We have a different concept of religion, we see it as something personal, something between God and the Person himself.

So, in the end, having oil is something different than beeing religious, this also extends to having a Secular Country and beeing religious.

Hmmm...an interesting question....The survival of a country in today's world exists on 3 things:

1) resources (Middle east has a lot)

2) Intelligence/ Brain power (America, Russia and China) depends how you use it some countries find other sources of income like tourism

3) Luck

If you have any of the above the country will survive...Africa has alot of resources (Gems, diamonds, some oil and coal, other minerals) so is surviving to this day....

Malaysia and Indonesia have oil and some other resources (some tourism) and some from industries...

Maldives has tourism...

Turkey is one of the few Muslim countrys without Oil, our country is Secular but Turks are generally religious.

We have a different concept of religion, we see it as something personal, something between God and the Person himself.

So, in the end, having oil is something different than being religious, this also extends to having a Secular Country and beeing religious.

We Indians actually admire Turkey for the separation you maintain between state and religion. We connect to this system.

My question is what would have happened to oil producing islamic state, if they didn't have luxury of oil. Could they be as religion driven as they are today? I believe the religious school they follow is too restrictive and averse to co existence and global business.

Turkey is doing best among all because it has evolved in science in absence of free luxury in oil.

We Indians actually admire Turkey for the separation you maintain between state and religion. We connect to this system.

My question is what would have happened to oil producing islamic state, if they didn't have luxury of oil. Could they be as religion driven as they are today? I believe the religious school they follow is too restrictive and averse to co existence and global business.

Turkey is doing best among all because it has evolved in science in absence of free luxury in oil.
The oil producing countrys would be poorer than today but i dont think that much would change about religion.

I believe KingMamba he is talking about when petro dollars have run out the extremist will also die as no more financing.

Yea sure if Ksa and Iran lose money the world will be safer or they can stop funding psychos, whichever happens first. :lol:

I have heard many people accross the world to say that The religion will see an end when oil sources in middle east will seize to exist . I strongly disagree with such view point. After all , quickest spread of Islam happened when human did not have any concept of oil.
In this context I must say , I have very little idea about how Islam is doing in non oil producing countries. I have acecdotal experience in some countries which are not reprentative at all. May I request learned people here to enlighten us ?

Please avoid mentioning Pakistan and India in this discussion as we have some ideas about these two countries and also that discussion will derail the thread for sure

Oil and religion are not directly related, but oil represent wealth and prestige and that is what Islam had in the earlier days.

Islam spread due in a huge part to the brilliance of Muhammad. The Islamic empires rivaled any the Christians had and had tolerance and a spread of art, science and others that the Christians at that time didn't have.

To continue Islamic nations needs to continue prosper, but for a majority of them, oil is the only answer.

But I got to say, to advance in today's world, religion will not prosper, so ironically if one nation is to be a top nation, it also has to become secular and largely semi-atheist.

The oil producing countrys would be poorer than today but i dont think that much would change about religion.

The economy would have been dependent on the fact how they evolved and come out of the shelves of religion. Right now they can afford to be adamant because they know they have oil, once they are done with it they have to trade with the world on equal terms. They have to develop things out of nothing and they have to run their nation by world's rule.

Presence of oil has prevented their civilization grow, mentally, socially and technologically.

Oil was given to Arabia after they converted to Islam

You are wrong, actually Oil was given to Arabia because they converted to Islam!

And before you give me example of Turkey, Indonesia, Pakistan etc... better understand it was on first come first serve basis :enjoy:

Religious debates are not allowed on defence.pk

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom