What's new

How Communist China freed the Tibetan People and gave them Human Rights

caste system and democracy is mutually exclusive
i dont want to bash india, india has a great culture but it should abolish the caste system in my opinion

Caste system is not official but a social practice mainly prevalent in a few states in India, most other states have moved on from it. And obviously Govt. policies don't discriminate against any caste, in fact, less developed sections get extra privileges like reservations in Govt. jobs. If one has capability, then caste is not a hindrance for achieving anything in India. Our next Prime Minister could be from a lower caste, our constitution was written by someone from the lowest caste. :-)

Caste System is why India will never be a developed country. It's part of Hindu culture.

This was a good post, but off topic, I think that's why it was deleted. I thought to add a few points to this post, but that would be off topic too. However, I tend to agree with what you have said, food is a primary human need, and we can say freedom is a basic human need, and the need for freedom comes after food. But what if your primary needs like food are already fulfilled and you are forced to trade your freedom for better & tastier food, will you do that for such extra privileges? If yes, then what would be the margin for such trade off? I mean, for how much of extra privileges one would do such a trade off? I think that also differs from person to person, culture to culture. :).

That's a serious problem, how to or who have the right to determine whether the basic needs are fulfilled. Compared to 1949 when China was founded, the basic need of Tibetan people is already fulfilled, even in much advance, but compared to western standard, it's not enough.

Caste System is why India will never be a developed country. It's part of Hindu culture.

Actually it was not part of the Hindu culture of the past.

It was enforced because of Ashoka with his Buddhism.

China succeeded because of the things Deng Xiaoping did to recover from extreme damage communism gave to China. :cheesy:
Deng turned 1978's China into the present China,which is a great achievement.But before he did it.Mao had turned 1949's China into 1976‘s China.When you blaim Mao and Communism,you never consider that what China would have been without Mao and Communism.

In some westeners point of view, that we gave Tibetans more food,better medical care,education and higher living standard is just a sort of evilness.Nevertheless,they never tell what happened to the 50000000 Indians used to live in America before Europeans came.In fact,only a very few Tibetans hate Han and CCP.My hometown is in the east coast of China,which is thousands miles away from Tibet,but just in my middle school,every grade has 2 Tibetan class.And the Tibetan students study,live and eat for free and their College Entrance Examination is far easier than Han students.They can even get extra marks.You can see the following pics showing Tibetans in my school,and you will know the truth of the relationship between Hans and Tibetans.
201421181221.jpg

201421181413.jpg

201421181555.jpg

2013112516841.jpg

2013112516113.jpg

2013210111235.jpg

201321011145.jpg

From the smile on thier faces,you can see Tibetans live a happy life under the rule of People's Republic of China

Last edited:
I am very much aware that Tibet was medieval in the 40's but no one can say that they couldn't reform (as many others did) without their entire culture being uprooted.

This is 16th century conquistador mindset :"They're savagers,we're civilising them"

Your have good imagination but history is history.
Xizang, or Tibet, has been a part of China since 1246 A.D.
Every Successive dalai lama(the title of religion leader) were chosen/assigned and approved by China central govenment.

What happend in 1950s is just a quelling to the rebellion of the 14th dalai lama, he was not willing to change the serf system of Xizang and took a big gamble, of course he failed.

As i've said,native americans scalped people ,most likely they couldn't reform."Thank God" for small pox blankets.We can only take confort that the europeans did this 120-500 years ago while the chinese were at it 60 years ago,right up to today.

Yes, small pox blanket, europeans use guns and even "bio-weapon" to kill american Indians as much as possible, you can see it from the population data of native American, only 10% left if my memory serves me well.
but Han Chinese help Tibetan Chinese to break the serf system and live a better life, you can see it from the population data of Tibetan people. 1.15 million at 1940s to about 3 million in 2013.
So, you see the difference between Han Chinese and european?
But what surprised me most is some european guys bitching about China on "Tibet human rights" all the time, don't they feel shame at it?

Quite a few people are accusing China for not giving respect to human rights. These people never been to Tibet province or other part of China. Pathetic troll.

China has done much better to improve Tibetan people's life, to reduce death rate, to give them food, transportation and medical care.

站着说话不腰疼。They just need some excuse to bash China, they don't want China to be fine, that's all.

China should just ignore it. these anit-China people just want attention, don't give them any.

Back
Top Bottom