What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

I think there are alot of shared vocabulary between Persian and Urdo. We also call Iron as Ahan. But Steel is Folad.

In Urdu steel is also call Folad. Iron although call Ahan but is also called Loha.

The only thing different between Urdu and Farsi is the grammar.

words are mostly same

that is Aa-han..ofcourse m not on my way to a spelling war:lol:

Ahan...just as used normally is like oh i see! just a sort of sound to fill gaps in speech..

You are right, i was talking about that Ahan = An expression not Ahan=steel.

BTW, is there any word Masroot or someting like that?

why are u deleting n/or changing ur posts...have noticed that thrice at least!:what:

Well you are right, it happens now with me. Sometime i express humor to whom i consider closer. But then i felt that some people may have no sense of that and can lead to misunderstanding. So i decide to change it or delete it. Now u have a full right to b psychiatrist.:lol:

LoL, I do not want to be matter of laughing again,:no:

What is the meaning of Ahan?

if you got ahan from my post, its a way of expressing your feelings.

Like Oh i see, oh ok, hmmm - like that - usually when someone explains you something and you understands it - thats your first reaction - it does not need any language to explain - it is the most common words of All languages :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never used this before - but one of my friend repeatedly used this AHAN word in his MSN chat - so after long conversations me too started using it :lol:

if you got ahan from my post, its a way of expressing your feelings.

Like Oh i see, oh ok, hmmm - like that - usually when someone explains you something and you understands it - thats your first reaction - it does not need any language to explain - it is the most common words of All languages :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never used this before - but one of my friend repeatedly used this AHAN word in his MSN chat - so after long conversations me too started using it :lol:

Ahan. Ahan.:rofl::rofl:

SAME TO me. I got in yahoo messenger.

BTW, is there any word Masroot or someting like that?

i don't know Masroot but the two closest words came in my mind are

Masroof = Busy
Musarrat = Hapiness

Jin bro. do u know the village called Dhandhara in Gujrat in PK?

Well I have not heard this name in Pak Gujrat.... but may be as i m not well visited there .... i belong to NWFP.

If it is matter of urgency then i can call to Pak to ask about.:)

Well I have not heard this name in Pak Gujrat.... but may be as i m not well visited there .... i belong to NWFP.

If it is matter of urgency then i can call to Pak to ask about.:)

yaar i am from Gujrat - i never heard either :rofl::rofl::rofl:

or it could be due to my ignorance - as i am not well educated about my city - i hardly know any places in my city :confused: but i guess its not there as i would have at least heard its name if such area was there in Gujrat

and which poet are you talking about?

or it could be due to my ignorance - as i am not well educated about my city - i hardly know any places in my city :confused: but i guess its not there as i would have at least heard its name if such area was there in Gujrat

How this name Gujrat came about in Pak. We know about Bharat Gujrat and they speak Gujrati.......:coffee:

I was talking about a poet in our village who was oftenly looking at sky before he turned mad:lol::lol:

How this name Gujrat came about in Pak. We know about Bharat Gujrat and they speak Gujrati.......:coffee:

bhai we have so many names in common like you have Mirpur in Bangladesh and we too have mirpur in Pakistan. Gujrat is a city of Punjab and our mother tongue is Punjabi. It is popular for large several reasons i.e.

1) Large population has joined Pakistan Army and out of 11 martyrs who are awarded Nishan-e-Haider, 4 of them belongs to Gujrat (Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed, Muhammad Akram Shaheed, Shabbir Sharif and one more i can't remember)

2) It is the Hub of the politicians in Pakistan and the list is very long.

3) If you know the story of Sohni-Mahiwal, Sohni belonged to Gujrat

4) Gujrat is also very famous for vessels, fans and furniture.

read more about Gujrat (in spellings in Indian State Gujarat is spelled as Gujarat and Pakistani city spelled as Gujrat)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gujrat

Even there is Rajasthan in PK near border.

Back
Top Bottom