What's new

Hatoyama: China's Asia Pacific influence is irreversible

the four dogs represent japs, korea, taiwan and filippnos, can you tell who is who?

Unfortunately, I am unable to read Chinese, so I cannot discern from the signs on page 3, and the references implied by the items they are holding in the bottom panel of page 3 are too subtle for me. What do the pig, the cash, and the gun represent?

Unfortunately, I am unable to read Chinese, so I cannot discern from the signs on page 3, and the references implied by the items they are holding in the bottom panel of page 3 are too subtle for me. What do the pig, the cash, and the gun represent?
it has nothing to do with Chinese language, those are just protest slogans. all the answer is in the pic, your attention about cash, gun, and pig is a good start.

It frustrates me that the cartoon implies that the US is behind the problems in Asia, when the situation is far more complicated.
Yes, it is way complicated beyond Washington‘s imagination,so why the US want to get involved in Asian affairs? China used to be the master of these dogs, now dogs services to the US, and i don't blame them, that's how dogs survival. So, i suggest US to be careful, because dogs are not loyal.

Yes, it is way complicated beyond Washington‘s imagination,so why the US want to get involved in Asian affairs? China used to be the master of these dogs, now dogs service to to the US, and i don't blame them, that's how dogs survival. So, i suggest US to be careful, because dogs are not loyal.

Your statement is equally frustrating. Have you forgotten that the US fought wars with some of these "dogs"? That China has fought wars with some of these "dogs"? Perhaps the situation is also complicated beyond Beijing's imagination.

Your statement is equally frustrating. Have you forgotten that the US fought wars with some of these "dogs"? That China has fought wars with some of these "dogs"? Perhaps the situation is also complicated beyond Beijing's imagination.
you created this complication to justify your existence in this region. but we don't worry. afterall, it is our backyard, you couldn't sustain overstreaching yourself for too long.

Sometimes u need to beat them into the ground, then they will obey u, China fully understand that US have vital interests in Asia, but its seems that US fail to think on China's perspective. i think these dogs are more frustrating than both China and US.

you created this complication to justify your existence in this region. but we don't worry. afterall, it is our backyard, you couldn't sustain overstreaching yourself for too long.

I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that when Japan annexed Korea, and then invaded China, we should have ignored it, since it was none of our business?

Sometimes u need to beat them into the ground, then they will obey u, China fully understand that US have vital interests in Asia, but its seems that US fail to think on China's perspective. i think these dogs are more frustrating than both China and US.

On that we agree. One of the reasons why I think China and the US find it difficult to have friendly relations is because we are so similar to each other. Every time I travel through Asia, I am struck by how much more similar Chinese are to the US in attitude and outlook than Japanese, Koreans, or the southeast Asians.

I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that when Japan annexed Korea, and then invaded China, we should have ignored it, since it was none of our business?

On that we agree. One of the reasons why I think China and the US find it difficult to have friendly relations is because we are so similar to each other. Every time I travel through Asia, I am struck by how much more similar Chinese are to the US in attitude and outlook than Japanese, Koreans, or the southeast Asians.
Yes, China and US don't have any historical issues, the current situation is all about the game of thrones. actually we have so much common interests, but China is growing bigger and bigger, China need more cakes. of course China is not a super power, only westerners say so, actually 50% of chinese don't even know we are world's second economy. we are far to become a super power, US should not worry to much.

I have to agree some of their logic is messed up. One of the little dogs had the little Panda and all the other little dogs under its paw and Uncle Sam separated them. Uncle Sam was there to keep the little dog from biting the panda and the Panda from biting the little dog.

Now the Panda is far bigger than all the little dogs but it still feels the little dogs are still a threat.

The roles have reversed. The Panda is now like the original little dog and history repeats itself.

Now the Panda wants to have all the little dogs under its paw and the US will end up trying to separate them all again.

you did nothing when Japan annexed Korea and invaded China, it is the burning *** of pearl harbour prompted you to join the war. Don't pretend you are running a charity organization and self-appointed savior.

I have to agree some of their logic is messed up. One of the little dogs had the little Panda and all the other little dogs under its paw and Uncle Sam separated them. Uncle Sam was there to keep the little dog from biting the panda and the Panda from biting the little dog.

Now the Panda is far bigger than all the little dogs but it still feels the little dogs are still a threat.

The roles have reversed. The Panda is now like the original little dog and history repeats itself.

Now the Panda wants to have all the little dogs under its paw and the US will end up trying to separate them all again.

It's extremely complicated, and the attempt to distill history into a simple victim-hood narrative is not reasonable. China is not a new country, as we are told time and again--it has hundreds and thousands of years of history with its neighbors that explain the hostility and mistrust, almost none of which have to do with the US. Even when the US has been involved, why has the influence of the USSR been ignored? And why is the US's long history of good relations with China--and lack of any real historical conflict with China, let alone its active help in China's time of need--dismissed so easily?

Conclusion: it's lonely at the top.

you did nothing when Japan annexed Korea and invaded China, it is the burning *** of pearl harbour prompted you to join the war. Don't pretend you are running a charity organization and self-appointed savior.

I don't pretend to be anything, but I am surprised at the lack of history education in China. Ask yourself: why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? The answer to that will demonstrate that you are wrong in your statement.

It's only because the US back then had the same exact policy China has now - a non intervention because it isn't our problem/business attitude.

Unfortunately ignoring things only let things get worse.

I don't pretend to be anything, but I am surprised at the lack of history education in China. Ask yourself: why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? The answer to that will demonstrate that you are wrong in your statement.
why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? you should ask japs about that together with why should it attacked China and korea. maybe you want to say it is because you cut off their material supply out of your sympathy for China and korea. sorry we don't entertain your hospitality. actuallly it was japs to use your material supply to invade China fefore pearl harbour. as for korea, japs already annexed them for 100 years and has nothing to do your motivatio in the war.

why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? you should ask japs about that together with why should it attacked China and korea. maybe you want to say it is because you cut off their material supply out of your sympathy for China and korea. sorry we don't entertain your hospitality. actuallly it was japs to use your material supply to invade China fefore pearl harbour. as for korea, japs already annexed them for 100 years and has nothing to do your motivatio in the war.

Disappointing. The truth is that the US imposed an oil and steel embargo on Japan, and since the US provided approximately 80% of Japan's oil, Japan was forced to source its natural resources in other Asian countries, via invasion. To do this with a free hand, Japan needed to eliminate the US navy at Pearl Harbor so the US would not be able to defend the Philippines, and thus leave southeast Asia open to Japan to exploit.

South Korea was annexed by Japan in 1910, WWII started in 1941. That's 31 years, not 100.

It's only because the US back then had the same exact policy China has now - a non intervention because it isn't our problem/business attitude.

Unfortunately ignoring things only let things get worse.
Don't assume you are a moral saint. actually it is you who jumped into the war during later stage of both world war to claim the fruit, which make you No 1 afterwards, not the other way around. this kind of tactics every Chinese child can understand.

Back
Top Bottom