What's new

Greek minister terms Pak,Bangladesh illegal immigrants ‘tragedy’

VeeraBahadur

Reaction score
Country
India
Greek minister terms Pak, Bangladesh illegal immigrants ‘tragedy’ - DAWN.COM

ATHENS: A Greek cabinet minister said Thursday illegal immigrants in the country are of different “quality” than those elsewhere in Europe, calling the situation “tragic”.

“Let me tell you something else: the quality... the difference in culture of the immigrants who come here compared to other countries is tragic,” said Nikos Dendias, the minister of public order and citizen protection.

“There's a difference between Sweden facing immigration from the countries of the former Soviet Union, who have a certain level of education, who are Europeans in the broad sense of the term, and Greece, which is facing immigration from Bangladesh and Pakistan.”

Dendias, who heads the country’s fight against illegal immigration, told Skai Radio that migrants from these countries “belong to another culture...come from a different world than us”.

The minister, a member of conservative party New Democracy, added that his remarks were not intended to “devalue anyone”.

According to his ministry’s website, the most common nationalities of illegal immigrants arrested in Greece last year were Albanian (36 per cent), Syrian (19 per cent) Afghan (15 per cent), Pakistani (9.4 per cent) and Bangladeshi (3.5 per cent).

The country arrested 39,759 illegal immigrants in the first 11 months of 2013, down from 76,878 for all of 2012 and 132,524 for 2010.

Dendias said Thursday more than 1.5 million illegal immigrants had entered Greece, a country of 11 million people, in less than 10 years.

Greece is a frequent entry point to the European Union and is among the most common transit countries for illegal immigrants, who sometimes plan to travel on to a third nation but get stuck in Greece because of EU rules making the country of entry responsible for dealing with asylum claims.

Greece, which holds the rotating EU presidency until July, has made immigration issues a priority and has said it plans to call for measures to redistribute migrants among the 28 EU member states.

“We are saying to Europeans that we need a redistribution scheme,” Dendias told Skai, saying possible criteria could include the size of a country's economy, its population and its surface area.

His comments came as Greece deals with the rise of neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn, which recent surveys have found is the country's third-most popular party despite a crackdown by authorities who have charged prominent members with belonging to a criminal organisation.

Illegal immigrant is illegal. Why make a difference between Pakistani or Bangladeshi immigrant to a Eastern European, when both are illegal?

A clear case of racism

It's true.

Everytime I get in a taxi, there is an Indian driver with a stupid accent that don't understand anything.

They charge foreigners more than locals.

Maybe you are that dumb that anyone can fool you around! :rofl::rofl:

On topic please keep your propaganda to yourself only Even I can alledge the Chinese to be the worst immigrants. and yup I've also traveled to many countries and Chinese are dirty people :coffee: Such pathetic rants wont really take you anywhere!

European call Sikhs pakistani, whats the point of this thread ?

Dendias, who heads the country’s fight against illegal immigration, told Skai Radio that migrants from these countries “belong to another culture...come from a different world than us”.

I take it our Indian Thread starter thinks he is white and Indian culture is acceptable to Greeks who can't tell a difference between Indian and Pakistanis.

I take it our Indian Thread starter thinks he is white and Indian culture is acceptable to Greeks who can't tell a difference between Indian and Pakistanis.

apprantly he is taking about the people arrested .................meh

It's true.

Everytime I get in a taxi, there is an Indian driver with a stupid accent that don't understand anything.

They charge foreigners more than locals.

go check country wise stats on the most prosperous, peaceful and inclusive expats in the world you doofus.

Illegal immigrant is illegal. Why make a difference between Pakistani or Bangladeshi immigrant to a Eastern European, when both are illegal?

A clear case of racism
What that fellow meant was that the Pakistanis and BD immigrants are uneducated and belong to a different culture and thus can't fit into Greek society like other immigrants from other countries.

But yes, that sure is racism! :angry:

this is because they dont want to point Indian since India is a super power now but there are more Indians and Pakistani in Greece than Bangladeshi, bangladeshis are far less in numbers everywhere than Indians and Pakistani.

What that fellow meant was that the Pakistanis and BD immigrants are uneducated and belong to a different culture and thus can't fit into Greek society like other immigrants from other countries.

But yes, that sure is racism! :angry:

I can tell you, majority of Eastern Europeans are as uneducated as either Pakistanis or Bangladeshis. However, Greeks have a point on culture

^^ Tell me why is it BS?

I am in Europe for almost 4 years.

^^ Tell me why is it BS?

I am in Europe for almost 4 years.

Probably starts in mandatory elementary school with teachers that actually teach a current, continuosly updated curriculum or aren't spread so thinly among the kids that the message he is conveying gets dilluted or the work burden is just so high they cannot delegate enough time to a particular pupil.

Probably starts in mandatory elementary school with teachers that actually teach a current, continuosly updated curriculum or aren't spread so thinly among the kids that the message he is conveying gets dilluted or the work burden is just so high they cannot delegate enough time to a particular pupil.

I am not getting what you want to convey. Majority of Eastern European Immigrant to London occupy unskilled jobs.

Did you even bother to read OP ??There are stats released by Greek Government and they know the difference between Indian and Pakistani.

Indians don't jump over fences like unwanted illigal immigrants to get Green Card.

And yes this thread is about you Pakistanies .

Back
Top Bottom