What's new

Greek authorities arrest Golden Dawn leader

flamer84

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Romania
"Greek police have arrested the leader of the far-right Golden Dawn party, Nikolaos Mihaloliakos, on charges of forming a criminal organisation.

Four more Golden Dawn MPs, a leader in an Athens suburb and nine other party members have also been arrested.

The arrests come amid anger over the murder on 18 September of anti-racist musician, Pavlos Fyssas.

A man held for the stabbing told police he was a Golden Dawn supporter, though the party strongly denies any link.

One of the MPs arrested on Saturday was party spokesman Ilias Kasidiaris.

Golden Dawn has called on its supporters to rally outside the police headquarters in Athens and has vowed to fight back."

BBC News - Greece's Golden Dawn leader Nikolaos Mihaloliakos held

Looks like they're going for a crackdown against GD in Greece,one way or the other.

"Prime Minister Antonis Samaras has vowed not to let the party "undermine" democracy, and government officials say it must now be treated as a "criminal organisation"."

This is not good for democracy,i think the greeks are taking it to far.If they're guilty they should face the law but this reaks of witch hunt.

Crush the Nazis I say.
greek-antifa.gif

& some good news about the idiotic party :D.
Greek Minister to Golden Dawn: Walk Out of Parliament, Please

Rumors of a huffy exit have been greeted with barely suppressed joy by Greece's Deputy PM
By Dan Kedmey Sept. 26, 2013

169632313-e1379545122242.jpg

STR / AFP / Getty Images
Members and supporters of the ultra-nationalist Golden Dawn party chant the national anthem in front of the Greek Parliament in central Athens on May 29, 2013

Exclusive: Any attempt by Greek far-right to force elections could backfire -deputy PM Reuters

Follow @TIMEWorld

Greek media has been abuzz with rumors that the far-right party, Golden Dawn, may protest a widening investigation into its extremism by staging a walkout from Parliament, thereby forcing a new election. Greece’s Deputy Prime Minister has welcomed the idea with open arms. “It’s not a threat. It’s a great opportunity,” said Evangelos Venizelos in an interview with Reuters.

Support for Golden Dawn dropped by a third this month after antifascist rapper Pavlos Fyssas was fatally stabbed by a self-proclaimed member of Golden Dawn. Party officials deny any connection to the murder, but 78% of Greeks beg to differ. An equal percentage of Greeks designated the party as either a “fascist organization” or a “criminal organization under the guise of a populist movement.”

Hence, Venizelos’ barely suppressed joy at the prospect of 18 Golden Dawn’s seats going up for grabs at the worst time possible for the party and the best time possible for its swelling opposition. Golden Dawn has remained tight-lipped about the maneuver, which Venizelos called “political suicide,” while encouraging them to jump.

Read more: Greek Minister to Golden Dawn: Walk Out of Parliament, Please | TIME.com

This thread isnt even worth reading. Better off being deleted.

Its funny when Nazi Germans didnt even consider them whites but sub human and till 19th century Greece was not even part of "western civilization". Just look at the clown arrested, he looks middle eastern. They also forget racism and bigotry experienced by Greeks in USA.

So creating party inspired by Nazis is indeed ironic.

US neonazis question Golden Dawn MP's 'race' | Article Page | Home

rtr3da33-thumb-large.jpg

Many forum members, relying on the pseudoscience that is racism, disagree that he is. This is what they had to say:

* Is he a white European?
* He has some African admixture
* He doesn't appear to have typical Greek or European features
* He looks like a typical lighter Brazilian mulatto
* He looks as though he has some negroid blood in him, I wouldn't count him as white
* He could possibly have a Gypsy or Turk in the woodpile
* He could pass for a northern African Berber and … an Egyptian Arab
* His looks are north African
* I wouldn't want somebody who looked like him marrying any of the women in my family
* He's not white, not a chance. If he's white then most of Lebanese, Syrians or other "Arabs" are white
* The guy has that funny Hugo Chavez look that people from South America have

:omghaha:

Its funny when Nazi Germans didnt even consider them whites but sub human and till 19th century Greece was not even part of "western civilization". Just look at the clown arrested, he looks middle eastern. They also forget racism and bigotry experienced by Greeks in USA.

So creating party inspired by Nazis is indeed ironic.

Actually the Greeks are the founders of western civilization.

Athenian democracy. Thinkers such as Plato, Socrates, Aristotle.

Pythagoras.

Where would the west be without Greece?

The Roman Empire were the inheritors of Greek Law, mythology and science. If any westerner thinks Greece did not have an influence on the west, they are delusional

Pythagoras.

The Roman Empire were the inheritors of Greek Law, mythology and science. If any westerner thinks Greece did not have an influence on the west, they are delusional

Those Greeks - Ellins are mostly extinct in 2-3 centuries.

Pythagoras.

I know that, but till 19-20th century they were not part of "Western Civilization" which is anglo saxon invention. Now racist north Europeans like to believe all those Greeks, Italians were actually blond and blue eyed. Italians were 2nd most group lynched in USA history after blacks. Its only recently they have accepted them as "white" because of great ancient history which North Euros lack.

I know that, but till 19-20th century they were not part of "Western Civilization" which is anglo saxon invention. Now racist north Europeans like to believe all those Greeks, Italians were actually blond and blue eyed. Italians were 2nd most group lynched in USA history after blacks. Its only recently they have accepted them as "white" because of great ancient history which North Euros lack.
in fact, the first were Irish - they were brought to the Colonies as slaves before blacks.

Good, perhaps he'll be allowed to reflect on his actions after he's made love to a man named Tyrone in prison.

If you don't get that joke, I pity you.

Good, perhaps he'll be allowed to reflect on his actions after he's made love to a man named Tyrone in prison.

If you don't get that joke, I pity you.

Are there big black men in Greek prisons :D

Back
Top Bottom