What's new

Govt will construct Diamer-Bhasha dam from its own resources if no foreign assistance is received

thasti_phasti

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LONDON: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said he cannot give a time frame for resolving the energy crisis in the country, but hoped that Pakistan will completely overcome power and gas crises within a couple of years.
Addressing the Pakistani community in London, the prime minister said his government was working day and night to overcome the energy crisis. “Soon we will get rid of this shortage. Just have trust in me,” he said.
Nawaz said another 21000mw of electricity will be added to the national grid within next eight to 10 years. He said Diamer-Bhasha and Dassu dams will contribute around 9,000mw of electricity to the system. The government will construct Diamer-Bhasha Dam from its own resources if it does not receive any foreign assistance, he pledged.
The prime minister said effective economic policies of the government have restored investors’ confidence. He said only democratic states can achieve progress and that everyone would have to contribute its due share for national progress.
Nawaz said the government’s expenditures have been slashed by 30 percent. Tax recovery has been increased by 16 percent while the remittances have witnessed a 12 percent surge, he said, and added that the country’s growth ratio will be doubled within next three years.
He said the government would soon initiate work on Lahore-Karachi motorway. He said the petroleum prices have been reduced thrice in the recent months.
He assured the Pakistani community that each public penny was trust with the government that would be spent on welfare of the masses.
The prime minister said tolerance is inevitable for national politics and that the PML-N has adopted the same policy during last five years. For the first time, a democratic transition completed successfully that should continue in future also, he said.
Referring to his meeting with British Prime Minister David Cameron, Nawaz said Britain has offered cooperation to Pakistan in various fields including energy and counterterrorism.
He appreciated the British prime minister for extending cooperation to Pakistan’s development.
The UK is willing to maintain friendly ties with Pakistan, he said, and added that Islamabad always supported good ties with all neighboring states.

Has Nawaz Sharif decided to bring his looted Wealth back to Pakistan ?

He could Finance these projects just from the looted Wealth that he took out of the Country...
Maybe you can take him to court....? I am sure Zani khan will come along but guess what, no one has ever proven that NS has money in foreign accounts that was looted. Calm your hormones and keep supporting your zani leader :)

Has Nawaz Sharif decided to bring his looted Wealth back to Pakistan ?

He could Finance these projects just from the looted Wealth that he took out of the Country...

very original post, have you thought of this on your own

Maybe you can take him to court....? I am sure Zani khan will come along but guess what, no one has ever proven that NS has money in foreign accounts that was looted. Calm your hormones and keep supporting your zani leader :)

My friend, I have seen you use the word "Zani" a number of times. I would like to suggest that you either stop using this word based on hearsay or that you use this word for other politicians that happen to belong to PML-N as well.

You could easily ignore the concerned post, but you chose to illustrate your mind-set. Too bad.

We need all dams be built as soon possible, not bothered where we get the money from.

Diamer-Bhasha
Dasu
Bunji
Extension of Mangla & Tarbela
Neelum-Jhelum
Completion of as many major & Minor hydropower projects as possible

All needed to be completed in the next 10 years if we are to remain competitive for exports in International market.

Get rid of floods, increase production agriculture many folds, massive increase in exports for both Agricultural and Industrial sector, cheap electricity and water reservoirs, millions of jobs will be created and a much healthier economy after utilising our natural resources

Building dams should be our utmost priority, it is a jugular vein of Pakistan.

nope govt already scrapped the projects last year when it told the asian bank that it cannot finance 30% of project, the rest was supppose to be financed by asian bank and supplier credit.
it seems govt is waitng for WB which is unlikley

I believe I saw a post some where that said world bank has approved 12 Billion for Energy projects

I think Nawaz is trying to use his business mind , I wana see where this goes, however it is questionable as that such projects could be done with China directly

It would have been nicer if we had a Joint Project with China on DAM creation and call it something meaningful like "China- Pakistan prosperity DAM" or something. We need a monument of some kind to the great friendship that exist between the two countries and I would certainly like this DAM named about the two great friendly countries

I like the road projects but , right now money is needed more on energy side so I don't understand the logic for road constructions.

$12 Billion is tremendous amount of money

The duration of 10 -15 years in not acceptable , normally such dams are made in 3-5 years

Last edited:
The duration of 10 -15 years in not acceptable , normally such dams are made in 3-5 years

5 - 7 years at best - if all the studies including feasibility report and detailed design are complete. Making dams on Indus is no joke.

Diamer-Bhasha-Dam-to-produce-4500MW.jpg

Diamer Bhasha happens to be one of the toughest terrains to build a dam..not only will it be costing a bomb, it also happens to be almost logistically inaccessible and cutting through that tough rock will be time consuming 12 to 15 years minimum is what most experts agree.

Incidentally Kalabagh could have been completed in half the time and fraction of cost , would not have required a NOC from India to get foreign assistance.

Diamer-Bhasha-Dam-to-produce-4500MW.jpg

Diamer Bhasha happens to be one of the toughest terrains to build a dam..not only will it be costing a bomb, it also happens to be almost logistically inaccessible and cutting through that tough rock will be time consuming 12 to 15 years minimum is what most experts agree.

Incidentally Kalabagh could have been completed in half the time and fraction of cost , would not have required a NOC from India to get foreign assistance.

Only WB demand NOC from India. While ADB was ready to finance 75%, but ofcourse PPP lantis cant accept that offer. I wonder how much gigantic Katzarah dam which will generare 15,000MW and storerage capacity 35MAF will cost?

nope govt already scrapped the projects last year when it told the asian bank that it cannot finance 30% of project, the rest was supppose to be financed by asian bank and supplier credit.
it seems govt is waitng for WB which is unlikley

The work is going on, resstlement of people, buying land etc Goverment didnt scrap the project and in fact is very serious about it.

I don't think Bhasha dam & Kala Bagh dam will ever start.

what can we do .. u r so expert in looting money that nothng can come back to you .. zardari did alot of curroption according to ur leaders ..kya puth lya ush ka ? moral haar choor ko jail nhie hoti

Back
Top Bottom