What's new

General Kayani Decides to retire.

Hope new army chief will be a soldier AND have more brains...

Whew!! If true than EXCELLENT NEWS!!

NS should ask him if he would like to be the Pakistan's Ambassador in the USA, though personally I find it degrading for a services chief to become an Ambassador, but in his case I am willing to make an exception because of his experience and good connections with the US top brass!!

http://www.thenewsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/General-kayani-latest-news.jpg

Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani decided to retire from his post. Kayani steps down on November 29 as army chief after serving twice the normal three-year term for the position.

The Inter Services Public Relations had issued a press release announcing his decision to retire. Kayani in the press release said that he has no intention of extending his tenure as COAS.
Sources and aides close to Kayani had earlier said that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif wanted to make him head of a revamped and more powerful Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (JCSC).

One senior intelligence official said Sharif planned to overhaul the JCSC, a largely ceremonial office, into a “central defense body” by restoring its command over the entire military establishment and giving it additional powers.
- See more at: COAS General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani has decided to retire on 28th of November | The News Informer

Good for him & country - Let's hope ganja don't try to play smart again and appoints deserving person.

NS should ask him if he would like to be the Pakistan's Ambassador in the USA, though personally I find it degrading for a services chief to become an Ambassador, but in his case I am willing to make an exception because of his experience and good connections with the US top brass!!
A more suitable role will be the advisor on security and Taliban issue.

:lol: :lol: You just trolled a troll :D I hope he doesn't take it personally (given he has some brains to understand)

Good for the general and good for the army.
He has headed Pak army in toughest of times and he took wise decision in the end.
I'm sure Sharif family would have been ill advised, by his double agent advisers to test the General with rumors.
Nawaz Sharif in past tenure, is also known to offer BMW cars to various generals, of course honorably refused by each one of them.
Pak army rules. Men at their best.

it will be a blunder, Kayani should not involve in it.
Against constitution.

A more suitable role will be the advisor on security and Taliban issue.

:lol: :lol: You just trolled a troll :D I hope he doesn't take it personally (given he has some brains to understand)

make him the head of PIA :omghaha:

If I am not wrong he already got 2 extensions total 5 years. So I would think asking for extension would have been a bit too much.

Who is replacing him to run the country :azn:

These are the senior most Generals below. One would become Army Chief and other could be chosen to become Chairman Joint Chief of Staff

Haroon Aslam

18.jpg

Rashad Mehmood

Google-Image-Result-for-http-pakarmedforces.com-wp-content-uploads-2013-01-Lt-Gen-Rashad-Mehmood.jpg.png

Raheel Sharif

Google-Image-Result-for-http-ih.constantcontact.com-fs140-1109036817234-img-2233.jpg-3Fa-3D1112831357432-300x294.png

Tariq Khan

Google-Image-Result-for-http-media.npr_.org-assets-news-2010-03-29-khan-28755c2137ea1034a3fde9324d691b446222e657-s6-c30.jpg-300x273.png

Hamid Mir said in JEW news that NS decides not to give extension to kayani but sources saying that NS offered Kayani extension of one year..
If Mir is wrong then ISPR should kick his butt now.

why so hype about this news..... this was expected.... but unusual is that it came from Kayani himself rather than the PM..... Now lets see who comes at the Helm now.....

Back
Top Bottom