What's new

Gaziantep Patriot Batteries

Hollandali Turkler burda ne mal ya. Soru sordum birsekil cevaplar, bullshitler, avirlar tavirlar..

Ben bunu soylemiyorum, eski komutan bu soruyu kac hafta once sormustu gaz maskeleri niye halka verilmiyor diye.

Why do Patriot crew have gas masks? I heard Patriot can only shoot 20 km, so when Syria shoots a missile with chemical payload, it will fall onto Turkey and above Gaziantep people.
What you babbling,call the one who is mal,herekese laf atma.
Didnt you get a good answer?

Hollandali Turkler burda ne mal ya. Soru sordum birsekil cevaplar, bullshitler, avirlar tavirlar..

Ben bunu soylemiyorum, eski komutan bu soruyu kac hafta once sormustu gaz maskeleri niye halka verilmiyor diye.

Why do Patriot crew have gas masks? I heard Patriot can only shoot 20 km, so when Syria shoots a missile with chemical payload, it will fall onto Turkey and above Gaziantep people.

Sen de hollandali degilmisin?

This isn't offensive, this is moronic. The fact that people aren't afraid doesn't change the fact that the state is under obligation to protect them from such events that may occur in the future. I don't care which side's doing what but we can't stay irrelevant to the reports of chemical attacks coming from Syria.

Moronic? Excuse your language. But anyways.

My point isn't that "Oh look how cool we Turks are, we're not afraid so it's not a problem." That's actually is a flaw in Turkey, I think we need to be a little more afraid of certain things so we're more prepared, but regardless.. What I'm trying to say is that in Israel it's a political ploy.

In Erdoğan's case, it's actually political in the opposite way. They distribute masks and the entire population will be in uproar that there's significant civilian danger to a major city just because he wants to play hero in Syria.

@TheThreePashas Being prepared has nothing to do with being afraid. Your argument is that if he do distribute gas masks the public will get angry for the feeling that they've been put in the harms way. My argument is that if he doesn't distribute gas masks and we do get hit by chemical weapons he will lose more than his image or his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheThreePashas Being prepared has nothing to do with being afraid. Your argument is that if he do distribute gas masks the public will get angry for the feeling that they've been put in the harms way. My argument is that if he doesn't distribute gas masks and we do get hit by chemical weapons he will lose more than his image or his career.

Oh and I completely agree with you on that, we're arguing different aspects of the same thing.

Erdoğan (and me, i guess) are banking on chemical attacks NOT happening. So he's trying to avoid the "unnecessary" domestic problem because he doesn't think the attacks will happen. It's a risky gamble.

If we get hit by chemical weapons and there are no masks and the patriots miss (unfortunately not too unlikely), then Turkey is screwed. Not because of anything besides the unfortunate loss of life, that won't really hurt Turkey too much. What will is the political turmoil and the inevitable question being, who does Turkey have as a leader besides Sultan Erdoğan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I completely agree with you on that, we're arguing different aspects of the same thing.

Erdoğan (and me, i guess) are banking on chemical attacks NOT happening. So he's trying to avoid the "unnecessary" domestic problem because he doesn't think the attacks will happen. It's a risky gamble.

If we get hit by chemical weapons and there are no masks and the patriots miss (unfortunately not too unlikely), then Turkey is screwed. Not because of anything besides the unfortunate loss of life, that won't really hurt Turkey too much. What will is the political turmoil and the inevitable question being, who does Turkey have as a leader besides Sultan Erdoğan?

Human loss will be very big. Just imagine a chemical bomb exploding above gaziantep. Even if the Patriot hits it, it will hit it above Turkish soil and gravity will take care of the rest. For me human life is the most important but the whole area will turn to hell in every sense.

The patriots are not installed like that to protect Turkish population but to protect incirlik base.

Human loss will be very big. Just imagine a chemical bomb exploding above gaziantep. Even if the Patriot hits it, it will hit it above Turkish soil and gravity will take care of the rest. For me human life is the most important but the whole area will turn to hell in every sense.

The patriots are not installed like that to protect Turkish population but to protect incirlik base.

If they are infact stationed in Gaziantep then they are to protect Gaziantep. Even if they're there to protect Incirlik it doesn't mean that NATO allies are going to idiotically stare at the radar and watch a missile hit very close to them and strike the city. Don't fall into conspiracy theories.

Actually I don't think Syria is capable of much of a precise, concentrated chemical strike considering their arsenal but define what you mean by "very big" loss of life? Hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?

Anyways, the numbers won't matter. The second the headlines in Turkey read "Chemical strike in Gaziantep", the people will be looking for their heads in Ankara.

Does anybody have a map with Patriot batteries position? Maybe we can see where the payload of the missile will fall when shot in the air.

Edit: I found one
patriot-turkey-2013-jan.jpg

If you look at the position, the batteries are positioned against Iranian missile too, I think US is preparing for war and Iran said it will attack US bases.. the biggest US base is at Incirlik. It is shameful AKP lying to Turkish people, if Iran or Syria shoots chemical weapon Turkish people will die in the thousands, not European or American people. Especially since they don't have masks and AKP is not preparing them.

One might might think AKP prepared everything, AKP is not knowing what they are doing I'm afraid, even at the bombing where 40 people died, well after the explotion there was no help, even days after the incident, everybody could walk in and out of the area without checks.

The person who AKP constantly criticizes, İsmet İnönü, would do anything to protect the population and wouldn't give a sh.t about his own political career. I'm saying this because he did the exact same in WWII. What AKP's doing is evil..

Back
Top Bottom