What's new

Future Earthquakes in India

DelhiDareDevil

Reaction score
Lets not lie, India is very prone to having major earthquakes.

530px-India_earthquake_zone_map_en.svg.png

After witnessing Japan earthquake, do you think India government, should start making quake proof building in areas shown in the map.

As far as I know, 99% of building will not be capable to withstand a eathquake anywhere in India.

But with corroption and greedy politicians, guess we will be a sitting duck waiting(or hoping not to) for a major eathquake to hit us again?

If India gets earthquake of 9 than atleast 10-15 crore people gone and 99% building collapsed.

@ Arihant & DelhiDareDevil,
From where did you get this absurd figure of 99% buildings in India will collapse in earthquakes? How much percentage of buildings all over India collapsed in the last major earthquakes of Latur and Bhuj? Please quote some statistics before making some wild claims. And most of all, the geological conditions in India are very different from the geological conditions in Japan (think 'ring of fire'); so there is little to compare.

Of course if you are too worried, then buy a plane ticket to Libya or Somalia.

I read somewhere thats why we dont have Sky Scrappers in Delhi on same scale compared to other metro cities, govt. of India is fully aware.

Well govt. cant do much, I daily see ad's about Earthquake awareness on differant channels, how to build new houses etc. But we dont care, sometimes to save money.

If India gets earthquake of 9 than atleast 10-15 crore people gone and 99% building collapsed.

that depends on epicenter of quake..
if rural areas then less lives will be lost due to less population density

yes we are the worst prepared..we feel a war is likely to happen than a natural disaster.

Sory but it wont ny city experienced an eartquake of 7 but biildings did not came down though they were badly damaged it was in mid 1990's

Lets hope nothing like this ever happen here.....:-| Yeah we are least prepared for any such disaster..:(

It doesnt matter if the quake is stronger than 6.
What matters is, the wave shouldnt came back, even for a Ritcher of 4, or it will cause a huge damage.

Lets hope nothing like this ever happen here.....:-| Yeah we are least prepared for any such disaster..:(

destruction of earth in inevitable my friend.
what starts must end.
we can only hope it to be less horrific and quick

it's not only disaster..but for anything and everything from saving individual to build bridges(cwg)we need our army men to get their hands dirty.we don't have disaster management system in place.the only system in place is prayers.

Indian govt should prepare strict guidelines and only approve quake proof designs from now. If that kind of earth quake occurs in India, the human loss will be a lot severe than to that of japan. FYI, Japan population density is much more higher than India and most of the losses happened due to tsunami and not earth quake.

I don't believe all these.
Earth-quake can not be predicted!! It's not like weather which happens in atmosphere so can be predicted! It happens inside the core of the earth!

And btw we've already experienced some earth-quakes [obviously not as many as Japan] like Gujarat earth-quake in 2001? And I'm sure even 9.9% buildings did not fall, let alone 99%.

i think India is more prone to Tsunami like in 2004...if there will be a big quack in indian ocean .then india ll be worst hit...but i pray it ll never happen .

Earthquake_Information_for_Pakistan.gif

Also was looking at the quake zone, and see that Pakistan are on 2 different tectonic plates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom