What's new

Future direction for PAKTURK Military cooperation?

From the wants of Turkey;
Obvious;
- Nuclear armament
- (I)CBM (to deliver said nukes)

Not so obvious;
- COIN & Mountain warfare/mountaineering

Nuclear armament still is several steps away, even though we're starting to build nuclear reactors they are being built with foreign investments. First and foremost mission will be to provide a domestic energy source and not be reliable on others (Russia, Iran foremost).

Only if Iran continues to arm itself will we potentially join the arms race.

Turkey, on the other hand can offer Pakistan a new source for military weapons/technology without upsetting the balance in the region. It would mean one more competitor, and less geopolitics (selling Pakistan weapon A, selling India countermeasures for said weapon like say a Russia would do).

Last edited:
I am not sure what Pakistan could wish from Turkey, but i think Turkey and Pakistan should co-operate more in the anti-terrorist field, like exchanging experience, perhaps intel and such. Pakistan is like one of the few countries that can be trusted no matter which party is at its helm. The faster our countries get rid of this terrorist chapter, the quicker we can develop.
We may be ahead in nuclear and missile tech. but the rest of the stuff, Turkey takes the cake.....

but build a airbase / military base a large one and let Pakistan put there own soldiers own aircraft, some land vehicles then make a plan to put threre Pakistanien missles with nuclear warhead..
Sure..... if allowed......

even we could train pakistanians there and it would enhance their power in middle east
We train a cwap load of other countries..... heck we've won wars for other people..... our training is on par with anything that exists out there..... @DESERT FIGHTER can tell you better if you want to know.....

Turkey-Pakistan should cooperate on SAM missiles. Both country lacks a serious Surface to Air protection and It should be provided with obtaining same family of missiles under a specific network which is developed by own engineers.
I believe we can sort out the rocket motors, what we desperately need is high tech. sensor technology....

We may be ahead in nuclear and missile tech. but the rest of the stuff, Turkey takes the cake.....

We train a cwap load of other countries..... heck we've won wars for other people..... our training is on par with anything that exists out there..... @DESERT FIGHTER can tell you better if you want to know.....

What could they train us in..?

We trained others for the most part... but cooperation with a brother country like Turkiye is always welcome.. we could learn from "eachother" ...

I believe we can sort out the rocket motors, what we desperately need is high tech. sensor technology....

what do you think Babur,raad and other missiles are running on ? prayers? :lol:

This is all good and dandy, but the main reasons why the above hasn't happened or might not is because of security concerns. Both for Pakistan and Turkey, NATO and China has a major role to play in it me thinks.

That being said; Pakistani Wants (from where I see areas to improve upon)
  • Electronics - From radars, E/O to weapon stations, simulators etc..
  • Unmanned Air Vehicles - Turkey has made great strides in this area, pakistan could benefit.
  • Missiles - Anti-tank, Air-to-air, Air-to-ground, Surface-to-surface, surface-to-air. Turkey plans on developing many missiles indigenously, to replace foreign missiles which are on verge of EOL.
  • Ships
  • Land Vehicles - Not tracked vehicles specifically, more in respect to wheeled vehicles.
Turkish Wants (again areas where improvement can be made)
  • Ballistic Missile - Turkey is lagging behind in this field, investments have been made but co-operation could benefit both countries with the chemicals being researched.
  • Missiles - SAM, I know Turkey is developing it's own. But joint development could yield a product faster.
  • Joint exercises
  • Monies - No money, No Hon..Technology. Share burden of costs for developing technologies.
  • Moar brain powarr - Lack of brains, edu'mucated ones specifically. You can only throw so many MSc, PHD, DR. people at a project before you run out of them, if there were cooperation in developing technologies both countries can advance quickly. (US and Soviet Space programs had high mix of ethnicities)
In my humble opinion we only want the electro mechanical part of the deal.....
Land vehicles and armour is already there....
UAV's...... we manufacture plenty.....
Naval Ships..... yeah we need em....
And we'd love advanced sensor tech.

What could they train us in..?

We trained others for the most part... but cooperation with a brother country like Turkiye is always welcome.. we could learn from "eachother" ...

what do you think Babur,raad and other missiles are running on ? prayers? :lol:
Your own post.....

We produce several types of anti tank missiles except fire n forget types

Also.....
We need A2G guided missile for our drones, some other stuff too.....

Last edited:
In my humble opinion we only want the electro mechanical part of the deal.....
Land vehicles and armour is already there....
UAV's...... we manufacture plenty.....
Naval Ships..... yeah we need em....
And we'd love advanced sensor tech.

Your own post.....

Also.....
We need A2G guided missile for our drones, some other stuff too.....

Yes FnF missiles thts what would be awesome..But who knows Nescom might be working on one as we know it... apart from that a helicopter project.. these would be nice...

Turkey is developing own strategic tactical land attack cruise missile (1000+km) at present which is going to be integrated on TF-2000 frigates as well and It is expected to be a Tomahawk like missile with a name of Gezgin. Cooperation with Pakistan to develop it is highly possibile...

Last edited:

I might be mistaken, but i think Pakistan is also ahead in ballistic missile weapons. Turkey lacks long range ballistic missiles.

Turkey is developing own strategic tactical land attack cruise missile (1000+km) at present which is going to be integrated on TF-2000 frigates as well and It is expected to be a Tomahawk like missile with a name of Gezgin. Cooperation with Pakistan to develop it is highly possibile...

There is ongoing cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey in stand off weapons. Pakistan's Abdali and Raad missiles have been either transferred or their technology was transferred to Turkey for Yildirim series and SOM. With Turkey aiming for an LACM, Pakistan will not hold back anything from its next of kin. We want to see a powerful Turkey and therefore would contribute in every way possible to help this goal to be achieved.

@Aeronaut @DESERT FIGHTER

Can pakistan launch cruise missiles from its subs? :bounce:

EID MUBARAK Kaan..

Thats is why we wanted the German subs (they didnt allow integration of CMs though)... in short yes... Long ranged Babur SLCM will be deployed from our subs..
bb.jpg

1367509208.jpg

Pakistan has its own reactor designs and all reactors built with China were built under joint ventures.
We can help Turkey greatly in many critical aspects of civilian nuclear technology.

Which are those civilian reactor designs ? Ones you had where Chinese designs.

Back
Top Bottom