What's new

'Frankenstorm' bears down on US east coast

looks like another false alarm

The problem is flooding and people have to go for additional hardship as home insurance does not cover flooding and they have to pay from their pockets. Also the financial district in Manhattan might suffer which is not good for the economy.

Looks like the impact is being felt - FDR drive closed, Hutchinson parkway closed, Connecticut highways closed. Both Holland and Lincoln tunnels to be closed at 2 pm. Speeds reduced to 35 miles in different bridges in NY.

We decided to close down our office. Frankly no one showed up except few brave heart. :smokin: Bunch of punks. :disagree:

Now, I am home and enjoying some Buffalo Wings. :cool:

NYC school public schools will be closed tomorrow (Tuesday) again, NY Stock Exchange Closed today and tomorrow. Red Hook section of Brooklyn is flooded with wind blown sea water.

Now Temperature 58*F Wind 38MPH light drizzle.

Grand Central on a weekday? More police than commuters.

display_image.php

Heavy rain and gusty winds getting worse by the hour .....

Some localized power outages reported, about 1500 homes so far ....

Heavy rain and gusty winds getting worse by the hour .....

Some localized power outages reported, about 1500 homes so far ....

I saw news that the water surges in Virginia were as high as 10 meters. It is winds howling in my place and I had to bring a cast iron swing frame in from the patio as it loosened the fixture. The brunt of the fury is going to be more tonight. Got an email from my company that all financial markets in US are closed for tomorrow as well.

Anyone watching the Weather Channel? They have been constantly showing Narragansett, RI and there is an Indian flag waving next to an American one whenever they show that cam.

Edit: Ok got it off twitter:

11830-CIMG0098jpg-1351545765-original.jpg

I saw news that the water surges in Virginia were as high as 10 meters. It is winds howling in my place and I had to bring a cast iron swing frame in from the patio as it loosened the fixture. The brunt of the fury is going to be more tonight. Got an email from my company that all financial markets in US are closed for tomorrow as well.

The high tide tonight is the danger point for the surge.

Getting cold here in Florida, it is about 63-72 degrees to my estimation. Tomorrow in the morning would be in the fifties.

72 is cold? :what:

If 72 is cold, then 50s must be freezing.

It is 45 degrees, with heavy rain and gusts up to 50 mph here.
To us islanders and Floridians that is cold, the 50s is the freezer, and I believe in 2008 or 2009 it reached 32 degrees in Florida! :hitwall:.

Back
Top Bottom