What's new

France: far-right National Front victory in a record number of towns

Well said, my Romanian colleague.

I would even add in the following: Is it wrong to be proud of one's racial and ethnic heritage? Is it wrong to want to preserve the continuity of one's homeland? I'm sure not.

I'm sure the Japanese like Japan to remain a country composed of predominantly Japanese; the same for the Chinese and China. The Saudis regarding Saudi Arabia. The Pakistanis regarding Pakistan.

I would even add in the following: Is it wrong to be proud of one's racial and ethnic heritage? Is it wrong to want to preserve the continuity of one's homeland? I'm sure not.

I'm sure the Japanese like Japan to remain a country composed of predominantly Japanese; the same for the Chinese and China. The Saudis regarding Saudi Arabia. The Pakistanis regarding Pakistan.

True that.I do not really understand why you should be ashamed if you want to preserve your own national/ethnic heritage.Odly enough it mostly happens to Western countries,everybody else is quite ok living as homogenous national-ethnic-states.

I don't see why one's racial heritage is so worthy of preservation. Culture may be but race? Does not seem plausible. Besides, the fact is that the world looks up to the West precisely because the West is so different from the rest of the world regarding such issues.

Blacks was very good "integrated" as slaves in the cotton farms. They made USA rich like a bitch. Still USA never paid any compensation to the blacks. usa is a small country. :tdown:

Yes, because we never had racial segregation after the abolition of slavery and the culture of interracial marriage was already established and thriving. After the abolition, black people were in theory as free as any other. Moreover, in Brazil, the indigenous peoples were not almost exterminated like they were in America/ Canada. Race mixing was practiced by the colonizers themselves.

You're right. In theory, it was allowed. However, there was a social class in Latin America, and those that were in the highest echelon in society were the Peninsulares (individuals born and raised in the Iberian Peninsula per se Portugal and Spain), then there were the Insulares (whites who were born in the new world), then there were the Mestizos (white- indian mix), Indios (native indian), Mulato (white-black mix) and then there was the Negro.

It was, back then of course, considered unbecoming to marry individuals below one's social class. Some vestiges of this colonial mindedness even exists to this day in Latin America.

You're right. In theory, it was allowed. However, there was a social class in Latin America, and those that were in the highest echelon in society were the Peninsulares (individuals born and raised in the Iberian Peninsula per se Portugal and Spain), then there were the Insulares (whites who were born in the new world), then there were the Mestizos (white- indian mix), Indios (native indian), Mulato (white-black mix) and then there was the Negro.
None of that ever prevented race mixing. Anglo- saxons are notoriously prudish for their views on racial purity and interracial marriage. That's why interracial relationships are still somewhat taboo in America whereas in Brazil, they are the norm.

I would honestly love to ask the posters here who villifyi europeans as racists....what do you think will happen in China in the same circumstances ? :undecided:

I hate multiculturalism. I don't see why Nations like Sweden should be called racist when they truly have an immigration problem and multiculturalism has failed there (e.g. Malmo ghettos). But Nations like France have creating shitstorms in the world lately esp. in African and the Middle-East (Syria) and trying to force former French colonies to speak their language and even adopt the franc before the EU monotary integration plan in the 2000s. They deserve every bit of immigration trouble, this the price they pay for be an Britain wannabe. The Chinese don't go around and toppling random dictators in Asia/Africa for not complying with their intrest and nor do they force nation to follow their tradition culture like French does in French West Africa. In this was an innocent European nations like Norway or Sweden, nations that mind their own business, kicking trouble making immigrants then I don't care. I'd say good for them. But the French stand at the high moral ground in this situation.

Brazil is a mess. You once called Russia a Shithole. I want to ask what is brazil than? The toillet of Hell? :lol:

True that.I do not really understand why you should be ashamed if you want to preserve your own national/ethnic heritage.Odly enough it mostly happens to Western countries,everybody else is quite ok living as homogenous national-ethnic-states.

Should the West have stopped the enlightenment movement in its tracks because the rest of the world was fine without it?

I don't see why one's racial heritage is so worthy of preservation. Culture may be but race? Does not seem plausible. Besides, the fact is that the world looks up to the West precisely because the West is so different from the rest of the world regarding such issues.

When I was in high school I had a lot of classmates who were Asian; many of whom were Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Lao, Khmer or Filipino. And they used to shout "Asian Pride" or "Chinese Pride". That was great to see, seeing their pride in their cultural and racial background. I liked that. In fact I learned a lot about their native homelands when I would listen to them talk and discuss during high school cultural club meetings lol.

However, i never once said to them "White Pride". Less I be labeled a 'racist'. Its almost ironic how being white one can't be proud of one's racial background else be labeled 'racist'.

:p:

I strongly disagree with your descriptive use of 'hell hole' of Europe and would conjecture the antithesis.

You can't disagree but facts remain facts.

The destruction, political instability, and devastation brought on Europe by this mythical notion of genetic superiority was what awaken Europe. WWII comes to mind..which wasn't that far in history. Europe learned the organizing societies around "genes" is nothing but a disaster in the long run.

Immigration, btw, only help the West in increasing its productivity many fold. That is why immigration is allowed in the first place. Do you believe that West allowed immigration due to humantarian causes? :lol: Immigration is good for Western interests...and hence Western governments allow it. Simple.

You can't just enjoy amazing benefits of immigrants--as all Western citizens enjoy even if they know it or not...but then later cry about "Oh immigrants aren't of our white culture" ....This is hypocrisy of highest order.

Immigration of other peoples in Europe is what helped industrial west boom.

But yes, a better integration of immigrants can be a demand. And Europe can take measures to do that.

The flowering of political thought, philosophical didactics, and scientific discoveries occured mostly in Europe during the 18th and 19th century. To name but a few of such discoveries would be the birth of social sciences, particularly proto-psychology as it once was known as German idealism, the discovery of psychological thought and human behaviorism, the discovery of microbiological concepts and increases in said discoveries, the growth of physics, the arts are tantamount and ubiquously demonstrate the potent contributions of Europe prior to modern globalization.

Offcourse.

Europe made a lot of contributions to civilization historically...

Most in last 200 to 300 years.

In fact, i would even argue that globalization was a product of European interactions throughout the world during the age of European Imperialism. The birth of the new world (north, central and south america) was a result of European, namely British, French, Spanish and Dutch commercial activity, which would eventually turn into political and societal purposes.

Globalization is an old phenomenon....it is just that it is becoming more and more apparent by passing of time.

The first "global" civilization history was established by Islamic World (Ummayad-Abbasid Empire)...and West took it to another level.

I'd even say that Alexander's conquests also helped the humans to get to know each other more and hence helped in the slow process of "globalization" ... and so on...

Thanks for your post tho, Sultan. I appreciate reading your view point.

No problem American Hawk.

Jesus Christ dude....Brazil may be a melting pot because it was built that way,could be true for the US also but the European nation states were built by generations upon generations giving their sweat and blood for their nations and their own people .You suggest pissing all that away...

None of that ever prevented race mixing. Anglo- saxons are notoriously prudish for their views on racial purity and interracial marriage. That's why interracial relationships are still somewhat taboo in America whereas in Brazil, they are the norm.

I lived in Bahia for an month, your right. Both Black Americans and White Americans are obsessed with race.

You can't disagree but facts remain facts.

The destruction, political instability, and devastation brought on Europe by this mythical notion of genetic superiority was what awaken Europe. WWII comes to mind..which wasn't that far in history. Europe learned the organizing societies around "genes" is nothing but a disaster in the long run.

Immigration, btw, only help the West in increasing its productivity many fold. That is why immigration is allowed in the first place. Do you believe that West allowed immigration due to humantarian causes? :lol: Immigration is good for Western interests...and hence Western governments allow it. Simple.

You can't just enjoy amazing benefits of immigrants--as all Western citizens enjoy even if they know it or not...but then later cry about "Oh immigrants aren't of our white culture" ....This is hypocrisy of highest order.

Immigration of other peoples in Europe is what helped industrial west boom.

But yes, a better integration of immigrants can be a demand. And Europe can take measures to do that.

Offcourse.

Europe made a lot of contributions to civilization historically...

Most in last 200 to 300 years.

Globalization is an old phenomenon....it is just that it is becoming more and more apparent by passing of time.

The first "global" civilization history was established by Islamic World (Ummayad-Abbasid Empire)...and West took it to another level.

I'd even say that Alexander's conquests also helped the humans to get to know each other more and hence helped in the slow process of "globalization" ... and so on...

No problem American Hawk.

Not all forms of immagration is good, skilled migration is good for an economy. I pefer America's method of immigration compared to Sweden's immigration policy.

Jesus Christ dude....Brazil may be a melting pot because it was built that way,could be true for the US also but the European nation states were built by generations upon generations giving their sweat and blood for their nations and their own people .You suggest pissing all that away...

LOL. I wonder what would happen if a German immigrant worker in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia tells his Saudi employers, "Hey Sadiq, stop giving preferential treatment. Pay me as an equal. Why do you pay European engineers 8000 riyal a month, and you pay Indian engineer doing the same job 2000 riyals a month and pay Thai engineers only 1500 riyals a month?"

I'm sure the Saudi employer will say, "If you don't like your salary, get out."

When I was in high school I had a lot of classmates who were Asian; many of whom were Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Lao, Khmer or Filipino. And they used to shout "Asian Pride" or "Chinese Pride". That was great to see, seeing their pride in their cultural and racial background. I liked that. In fact I learned a lot about their native homelands when I would listen to them talk and discuss during high school cultural club meetings lol.

However, i never once said to them "White Pride". Less I be labeled a 'racist'. Its almost ironic how being white one can't be proud of one's racial background else be labeled 'racist'.

:p:

Why would you be proud of your race? Are you proud of your blood type? Those people sound dumb to me.

Back
Top Bottom