Reaction score
Country
Turkey
OTOKAR05.jpg
OTOKAR02.jpg
OTOKAR06.jpg
OTOKAR03.jpg
OTOKAR01.jpg

Otokar Cobra is a great vehicle and all, but it's not Turkish enough. I want to see a Turkish vehicle that has Turkish Engine, Turkish Chassis, Turkish Steel and Turkish Drive Train.

Right now the only vehicle that comes close to that is BMC, they are very good at developing Chassis.

Bangladesh bought 20+ cobras to test them. Mayb there will be future order. How many cobras azerbaijan bought?

the v shaped hull gives it better protection than a Humvee, but yes the role of the cobra is similar to that of the Humvee. Ive seen these bad boys upclose and they look quite menacing.

This is more of a police or peace keeping vehicle -- Iraq and Afghan IEDs make mince meat of Humvee and I suspect of these vehicles as well

Otokar uses foreign proven Daimler chassis for KAYA MRAP and Hummer subsystems for COBRA to find markets easily. Turkish BMC has many different chassis Other Turkish firms especially Otokar can use. As far as I know BMC Kirpi and Vuran uses domestic chassis.

4hcrx3.jpg

Different than classic chassis, New generation 4x4-6x6 and 8x8 vehicles including Otokar Cobra are mostly designed on a monocoque body. I mean Cobra, Arma and others were not built up their designs above a classic 4 corner metal block like KAYA or KMW Dingo but a V shaped monocoque body and then connected driving subsystems on body. Current Monocoque 6x6 and 8x8 vehicles are mostly uses Turkish subsystems on them...

img8128274vh2.jpg

In red Circle, It is seen Hummer subsystems.

Those are Turkish subsystems FNSS Samur Amphibious assault bridge, 6x6, 8x8 Pars, Otokar Arma wheeled vehicles and BMC uses ...

fnss-6.jpg
fnss-5.jpg
fnss-4.jpg
fnss-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom