What's new

Fan suffers heart attack watching Indo-Pak T20

Mani2020

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Bangalore, Dec 26: A 47-year-old spectator watching the first T20 between India and Pakistan at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore suffered a heart attack and died at a private hospital on Tuesday.

Pakistan touring the nation after five years made an excellent start to the series registering a five-wicket win in the first T20 against India at Bangalore.
Kamal Jain was one of the spectators watching the thriller at M Chinnaswamy stadium on Tuesday. The man from Odisha complained of breathing trouble and uneasiness while watching the match while the family members also present there took him to Mallya hospital, situated near the venue. "Kamal Jain, who was watching the match from stands, felt uneasy during the 18th over when Pakistan was batting.

Though he was rushed to the nearby Mallya hospital by ambulance, he died after admission," Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravi Kante Gowda. "No case is being registered as it was a natural death. It was a coincidence that he was in the stadium then when he felt uneasy as he was not able to breathe properly. It's sad," Gowda added. Indo-Pak series is meant to be a high-intensity series, while the first T20 just proved it right with a last over finish. When asked DCP Gowda if the spectator suffered a heart attack watching the tense match, the official said he couldn't confirm it at present, as he died after he was rushed to the hospital.

source: Fan suffers heart attack watching Indo-Pak T20 - Thatscricket

oh man that is duhhhh.....thats why they say don't watch Pak-india matches if you have weak heart

I dont understand these kind of People. They treat match like its some kind of battle or war. Look at me I dont give a phuck who wins or who lose between Pakistan and India.

How dumb can some people be ?
Obviously he suffered heart attack due to some internal problems and not the stress and tension in an Indo-Pak game .
If this was the case then 1.4 billion people might have died long ago .

Over excitement or distress both can have negative implications on a person's heart or brain.
It's just like the film "172 Hours" caused viewers to faint or even fall sick.
There have also been cases where person had a heart attack after winning the lottery.

'127 Hours' Causes Fainting, Vomiting, Seizures

It's not possible without previous ailments, if one's heart is weak then over rush of adrenaline can cause increased rate of heart beat, breathing problem and possible heart failure.

These matches are always stressful and we had seen such incidents in the past too on both sides of breaking TV sets as well in frustration

How dumb can some people be ?
Obviously he suffered heart attack due to some internal problems and not the stress and tension in an Indo-Pak game .
If this was the case then 1.4 billion people might have died long ago .

and

@ skull and bones

there are some rare cases , not all people are equivalent when it comes to handling stress and emotions . instead of disgracing anyone you should admit that every one has different expectations level and enthusiasm for something ....during michael jackson era when he used to go for concerts there were always ambulances accompanying him for the simple reasons many of his fans use to get faint or suffered from severe conditions due to their love for the person and their wish of having a live glance at him

This guys death is not a single incident i remeber when on the eve of some special occasion Pakistan went to india for playing a single odi , after Pak win one of the indian young boy set himself on fire , there have always been such people on both sides ...so no need to deny the fact that such games can make many suffer ...although i recommend them not to watch but still sometimes love for something gets so high on your head that life seems to be just a minor thing

RIP.

This is actually not as big deal, you should have a look at Arabs watching a tense football match. During tense matches, there surely are visits to the doctors. I know a incident where Saudi fans gathered outside the city in desert to watch a intense match, where in the last minute the Saudis goal to draw the match with rival country, Egypt I guess. A Saudi man faced cardiac arrest and his blood pressure fell to a dangerous margin, where he was admitted to ICU for a week. Doctors ordered him not to watch any matches, he can just do reading the newspaper latter on.

It is just a game, ofcourse everyone wants their side to win and get tensed with immense moments. But I believe getting too nervous to lead to such conditions is too much, having control and patience is the key to enjoy the game.

I dont understand these kind of People. They treat match like its some kind of battle or war. Look at me I dont give a phuck who wins or who lose between Pakistan and India.

Haha me too, I don;t like the game and check the end result in news :D

Offtopic but one sport (or not) which really piqued my interest was wrestling. In nineties without internet me and my brother used to rent WWF video cassettes and the tension was too much as we didn't know in advance who will win. Was a big fan of 'excellence of execution' Bret Hart (and hated that boy toy Shawn Michaels with a passion)

yes happened to a friend's wife a while ago..She didn't die but had to go to hospital due to Raised blood pressure during a cricket match...
Over excitement can cause complications...

@Safriz advice her to do breathing meditation.... Also tell her to cut down oil intake in food.... Walking is must (i doubt she can do jumping rope? Its risky specialy to people who had recently heart attack).... i doubt she will do yoga? Because some people thinks yoga is hindu religion (which is not true).... But breathing meditation, walking and slight diet change will make her heart strong.... Also tell her to avoid watching cricket matchs and emotional movies.... My best wishes with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn dude. RIP.

It's serious, but not that serious.

I am sure this wasnt the cause of his heart attack
This is like man had a heart attack as soon as he entered McDonald, heaert attacks dont wait for an event to get over

India is not happy because this is first victory of Pakistan against India in T20.
RIP to him.

Back
Top Bottom