What's new

Fake Rohingyas (Bangladeshis) entering Western countries

Bond

Reaction score
While Bangladesh government has been refusing international plea of giving shelter to the Rohingyas, which are Muslims from Arakan [Rakhain] state in the Western part of Myanmar, hundreds of Bangladeshi national are entering various Western countries and later proclaiming to be Rohingyas by producing fake certificates, which are sold to Bangladeshi nationals through an inter-country crime racket based in Akaran state. Weekly Blitz has already received specific evidence of such cases, where Bangladeshi nationals, who had been residing at their ancestral property in Dhaka and Tangail entered France with Bangladeshi passport and submitted application seeking political asylum by showing fake certificates issued by the local groups or NGOs in Arakan state. It was also learnt that, each of such fake certificates are sold in the black market for Bangladesh Taka 20,000-25,000 [US$ 250-275]. Any Bangladeshi national willing to obtain such fake certificate needs to contact local brokers of Arakan based NGOs in Cox's Bazar district in Bangladesh and the fake certificate is handed over to the person within 10-15 hours in most cases. In recent months, the number of political asylums sought by Rohingyas in various Western nations has greatly increased. It may be mentioned here that, almost 99 percent of such applicants are falsely claiming to be Rohingyas.

It may be mentioned here that, as of 2012, 800,000 Rohingya live in Myanmar. According to the UN, they are one of the most persecuted minorities in the world. Many Rohingya have fled to ghettos and refugee camps in neighboring Bangladesh, and to areas along the Thai-Myanmar border. The Rohingya people have been described as "among the world's least wanted" and "one of the world's most persecuted minorities." They have been stripped of their citizenship since a 1982 citizenship law. They are not allowed to travel without official permission, are banned from owning land and are required to sign a commitment to have not more than two children.

According to Amnesty International, the Muslim Rohingya people have continued to suffer from human rights violations under the Burmese junta since 1978 and many have fled to neighboring Bangladesh as a result. It said:

"The Rohingyas' freedom of movement is severely restricted and the vast majority of them have effectively been denied Burma citizenship. They are also subjected to various forms of extortion and arbitrary taxation; land confiscation; forced eviction and house destruction; and financial restrictions on marriage. Rohingyas continue to be used as forced labourers on roads and at military camps, although the amount of forced labour in northern Rakhine State has decreased over the last decade. […]

"In 1978 over 200,000 Rohingyas fled to Bangladesh, following the 'Nagamin' ['Dragon King'] operation of the Myanmar army. Officially this campaign aimed at "scrutinising each individual living in the state, designating citizens and foreigners in accordance with the law and taking actions against foreigners who have filtered into the country illegally." This military campaign directly targeted civilians, and resulted in widespread killings, rape and destruction of mosques and further religious persecution. […]

"During 1991–92 a new wave of over a quarter of a million Rohingyas fled to Bangladesh. They reported widespread forced labour, as well as summary executions, torture, and rape. Rohingyas were forced to work without pay by the Burmese army on infrastructure and economic projects, often under harsh conditions. Many other human rights violations occurred in the context of forced labour of Rohingya civilians by the security forces."

The origin of the term "Rohingya" is disputed. Some Rohingya historians like Khalilur Rahman contend that the term Rohingya is derived from Arabic word 'Rahma' meaning 'mercy'. They trace the term back to a shipwreck in the 8th century CE. According to them, after the Arab ship wrecked near Ramree Island, Arab traders were ordered to be executed by the Arakanese king. Then, they shouted in their language, 'Rahma'. Hence, these people were called 'Raham'. Gradually it changed from Raham to Rhohang and finally to Rohingyas. However, the claim was disputed by Jahiruddin Ahmed and Nazir Ahmed, former president and Secretary of Arakan Muslim Conference respectively. They argued that shipwreck Muslims are currently called 'Thambu Kya' Muslims, and currently reside along the Arakan sea shore. If the term Rohingya was indeed derived from that group of Muslims, "Thambu Kyas" would have been the first group to be known as Rohingyas. According to them, Rohingyas were descendants of inhabitants of Ruha in Afghanistan. Another historian, M A Chowdhury argued that among the Muslim populations in Myanmar, the term 'Mrohaung' [Old Arakanese Kingdom] was corrupted to Rohang. And thus inhabitants of the region are called Rohingya.

Burmese historians such as Khin Maung Saw have claimed that the term 'Rohingya' was unknown before the 1950s. Another historian, Dr Maung Maung, notes that the word Rohingya is not used in the 1824 census, conducted by the British. Historian Aye Chan from Kanda University of International Studies states that the term Rohingya was created by descendants of Bengalis in 1950s who migrated into Arakan during colonial times. He also holds that the term cannot be found in any historical source in any language before the 1950s. However, he accepts that there may have been Muslim communities in Arakan before 1824.

However, Arakan history expert Dr Jacques P. Leider points out that the term Rooinga was in fact used in a late 18th century report published by the British Francis Buchanan-Hamilton. In his 1799 article "A Comparative Vocabulary of Some of the Languages Spoken in the Burma Empire," Buchanan-Hamilton stated: "I shall now add three dialects, spoken in the Burma Empire, but evidently derived from the language of the Hindu nation. The first is that spoken by the Mohammedans, who have long settled in Arakan, and who call themselves Rooinga, or natives of Arakan." Leider also adds that the etymology of the word "does not say anything about politics." He adds that "You use this term for yourself as a political label to give yourself identity in the 20th century. Now how is this term used since the 1950s? It is clear that people who use it want to give this identity to the community that lives there."

Fake Rohingyas entering Western countries :: Weekly Blitz

Source ...

logo.gif

The word "Tabloid"...rings any bells? Genius

Such web based crappy sources from BD should be banned. But BD posters probably want a selective policy here, because they love to post and then discuss utter crap from such sources as long as its anti India.

Such web based crappy sources from BD should be banned. But BD posters probably want a selective policy here, because they love to post and then discuss utter crap from such sources as long as its anti India.

if you ban sources like Blitz- 90% of threads in BD forum will have to be deleted.. :lol: where will you get your daily dosage of laughter?

Besides I actually Like when Bangladeshis post threads from sources like these.. :rofl:

People fake themselves as Gay from muslim countries and seek asylum in liberal countries.... is this a news????? Doesnt mean all Bangladeshis faking as gay!! Yellow journalism at its best!!

Many Indian Tamils claimed to be srilankans for decades to get asylum in UK, big deal.

No one takes Blitz seriously in BD or elsewhere.

Am I spamming? No way! Moreover, I am not a fan of Blitz. Kindly check my comments on them. I am a school teacher now working in Singapore. Just wanted to show what they are publishing. Any offense?

Am I spamming? No way! Moreover, I am not a fan of Blitz. Kindly check my comments on them. I am a school teacher now working in Singapore. Just wanted to show what they are publishing. Any offense?

No offense!!! But some article that was posted in Blitz has been published elsewhere under your name. How can you clarify this!!!By the way when you left your Maple Leaf School teaching job and went to Singapore???

Honestly speaking it was hard for me to accept all those articles has been written by you!!!

Back
Top Bottom