What's new

F-35JSF Vs Su-35S Comparison

This logic is flawed.

BVR is only one aspect of battle. It cannot be the entire battle.
I never said otherwise. However today BVR most important aspect of air battle.

Furthmore if u think that WVR combat is meneavering like in Top Gun movie, you are very wrong. Most of battles are simply hit and run. One who sees first hits first. So stealth gives huge advantage in WVR as well.

Finally even in classical dogfight from movies, DAS with AIM-9X give huge advantage to F-35, allowing firing missiles in 360 grad sphere.

Kopp, fighter maphia and other F-35 haters ignore all these.

F-35 is way away from even getting IOC...IOC planned in 2016 !!

why we should be talking about it , let first it came up to actual potential...

I never said otherwise. However today BVR most important aspect of air battle.

Furthmore if u think that WVR combat is meneavering like in Top Gun movie, you are very wrong. Most of battles are simply hit and run. One who sees first hits first. So stealth gives huge advantage in WVR as well.

Finally even in classical dogfight from movies, DAS with AIM-9X give huge advantage to F-35, allowing firing missiles in 360 grad sphere.

Kopp, fighter maphia and other F-35 haters ignore all these.

I have been in the back seat of a M2000 during a dogfight.. a real dogfight.

who said anything about movies.

..unless either India or Pakistan acquire 'our stuff' then its the 'best stuff on earth' :lol:

Sometimes I wonder if we have '50 cent' posters hired by defense companies on this forum :what:

you should read the stuff about su 30mki. Clearely, it is a seventh gen aircraft.

Oh and fancy chinese jf 17 and uber cool alien tech j 20......these cannot be categorised along with todays fighters. similiar systems are non existant on planet earth.

STEALTH on small planes like F-35 isn't as advantageous as other bigger planes like F-22 as they can be clearly detected by modern L-band Radars.
what makes F-35 useless is its inability to maneuver/evade/run away from an incoming AMRAAMs.
Now if you talk about hitting and running away there also a supercruising flanker would have huge advantage over F-35.

STEALTH on small planes like F-35 isn't as advantageous as other bigger planes like F-22 as they can be clearly detected by modern L-band Radars.
what makes F-35 useless is its inability to maneuver/evade/run away from an incoming AMRAAMs.
Now if you talk about hitting and running away there also a supercruising flanker would have huge advantage over F-35.
All I can say is 'Wow'...:lol:

I have been in the back seat of a M2000 during a dogfight.. a real dogfight.

who said anything about movies.
Greco-Turk maneuvering over Aegian have not much to to with real dog fight. Erich Hartman, the top ace of all time said that 80% of his victims did not even see him. And this was in WW2, when we had only guns. Today we have spherical launch AIM-9X with DAS.

Greco-Turk maneuvering over Aegian have not much to to with real dog fight. Erich Hartman, the top ace of all time said that 80% of his victims did not even see him. And this was in WW2, when we had only guns. Today we have spherical launch AIM-9X with DAS.

People have died doing that '' maneuvering'' ... I wouldn't dismiss it just like that.

besides, I mentioned before, you are lucky in real conditions, if you get 50% hit rate from your missiles..

People have died doing that '' maneuvering'' ... I wouldn't dismiss it just like that.
During all these maneuverings only one time missile was fired. In 99.9% of cases it was just maneuvering, trying to outmaneuver each other. Sorry but thats not real combat, when you come with intention to kill.

Real combats are hit and run. Its not cool, its not sexy, but its effective.

besides, I mentioned before, you are lucky in real conditions, if you get 50% hit rate from your missiles..
Thats why usually two missiles are fired per target.

Comparing a 5th generation plane with a conventional one is a little....off....

During all these maneuverings only one time missile was fired. In 99.9% of cases it was just maneuvering, trying to outmaneuver each other. Sorry but thats not real combat, when you come with intention to kill.

Real combats are hit and run. Its not cool, its not sexy, but its effective.

Thats why usually two missiles are fired per target.

Well the F 35 will be carrying only 2 BVR missiles( Total capacity is for 4 missiles but I expect them to put 2 WVR missiles as well - or the F 35 will be a sitting duck in WVR combat ) - So according to you a single F 35 can take on only 1 enemy aircraft - and as soon as it fires its missiles it will give away its position and stealth will be of no more use ( it could even be detected earlier if the RWR works against its advance LPI radar )

Back
Top Bottom