What's new

F-22p News & Discussions

From: HongQi 7 (HQ-7, FM-80, FM-90) Surface-to-Air Missile System - SinoDefence.com
The export version FM-80 was first revealed in the 1989 Dubai Aerospace Show. Later in 1998 China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CNPMIEC) introduced an improved variant FM-90 featuring fast and longer-range missile and infrared camera to compliment the TC tracking camera.

Compared to the original system, the improvements on the FM-90 include:
-Using VLSI technology-based computer (designed by 706 Institute) to replace the original LSI technology-based S-9 computer on the HongQi 7/FM-80.
-Using digital electronic technology to replace the original analogue design, increasing the missile's abilities against active/passive jamming.
-Using a new two-waveband tracking radar to replace the original monopulse radar
-An infrared camera was added to the TV tracking system so that the optical tracking system can be used at night.
-Target information between search and firing units is transmitted via a datalink pole system similar to that fitted on the later production Thomson-CSF Crotale 4000.
-Re-designed missile warhead fusing system

In addition, the missile's seeking/homing range, maximum speed, and attack range all have been improved, which greatly increases its combat effectiveness. With a maximum detecting range of 25km, the FM-90 is capable of attacking three targets using three different guidance modes simultaneously. The missile also has anti-missile ability against ultra-low-altitude cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles, and anti-radiation missiles at a distance of 17km.

Guidance: Command + electro-optical tracking
Radar detecting range: (HQ-7/FM-80) 18.4km; (FM-90) 25km
Radar homing range: (HQ-7/FM-80) 17km; (FM-90) 20km
For the FM-90 the radar detection range is 25km i.e. that's the range of the shipmounted firecontrol radar, not the missile. Interestingly a radar homing range is mentions. This is peculiar since the guidance is command to line of sight CLOS (i.e. there is no radar homing involved in missile guidance). The way I would read the above info is that the FM-90 missile has a max engagement range of 20km, and this would be against larger targets e.g. an aircraft rather than - say - against a smaller arget like a seaskimming antiship missile. As for engaging 3 target simultenaneously with different guidance modes, there is only a single missile firecontrol radarstation on deck (which also mounts the el-op components. So, unless a separate ELOP ball mount was added, I suppose this then means three missiles can be controlled. i.e. 1 under CLOS with radar or ELOP (actual engagement) and 1-2 kept 'in flight' (intertial navigation).

@abc, AFAIK, FM90 and the older FM80 are both referred to by their generic name HQ-7.

but these missiles used abroad really have significant changes from missiles used home,not just their name changed,you know. Generally speaking , self-used weapons are more powerful than export ones, this means FM-90 has substantial improvement space. But i more concentrate on the ship's stealth

:sniper::guns:

It's called HHQ-7A, naval version of FM90.

Surface-to-Air Missile: HongQi 7
Chinese Ground Weapon Systems - SinoDefence.com

Ship-to-Air Missile: HHQ-7
Shipboard Systems - SinoDefence.com

HongQi 7
The HongQi 7 is available in two versions; the shelter-mounted version used by the PLAAF and self-propelled version used by the PLA ground forces. The export version FM-80 was first revealed in the 1989 Dubai Aerospace Show. Later in 1998 China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CNPMIEC) introduced an improved variant FM-90
At the end of 1998, the FM-90, an enhanced version of the FM-80/HongQi 7, was introduced to the public
HongQi 7 (HQ-7, FM-80, FM-90) Surface-to-Air Missile System - SinoDefence.com

China has developed successive improved versions of the HQ-7 with numerous prototypes and models at defense shows. The latest version, with an export designation FM-90 (In-service designation not known but logically HQ-7C), appears to have entered limited service.
3. Tactical Systems - SinoDefence.com

Surface-to-Air Missile: HongQi 7
Chinese Ground Weapon Systems - SinoDefence.com

Ship-to-Air Missile: HHQ-7
Shipboard Systems - SinoDefence.com

HongQi 7
The HongQi 7 is available in two versions; the shelter-mounted version used by the PLAAF and self-propelled version used by the PLA ground forces. The export version FM-80 was first revealed in the 1989 Dubai Aerospace Show. Later in 1998 China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CNPMIEC) introduced an improved variant FM-90
At the end of 1998, the FM-90, an enhanced version of the FM-80/HongQi 7, was introduced to the public
HongQi 7 (HQ-7, FM-80, FM-90) Surface-to-Air Missile System - SinoDefence.com

China has developed successive improved versions of the HQ-7 with numerous prototypes and models at defense shows. The latest version, with an export designation FM-90 (In-service designation not known but logically HQ-7C), appears to have entered limited service.
3. Tactical Systems - SinoDefence.com

You are mostly right. For missiles there are in general two versions in service, the old one and the newer one. The newer ones always coded as "G" (meaning modified in English), even if there would be more than one modified versions. So the formally deployed latest version of HQ-7 would always be called HQ-7G in PLA, while HQ-7A is a foreign designation or the one used by fans. There simply won't be ABC designations.

The code for naval version differs from a land version with an extra "H" which stands for sea. For instance, the HQ-9 on 052C destroyer would be called HHQ-9G or otherwise HHQ-9A.

Sometimes this can be seen likewise naming other weapon systems under constant modification process, 092Gs, 039Gs and latest 054As.

However, I don't know how PLA specifies the export versions.

For missiles there are in general two versions in service, the old one and the newer one. The newer ones always coded as "G" (meaning modified in English), even if there would be more than one modified versions.

This is much lke the Japanese use "K" or "Kai". This is a Japanese engineering suffix for an modified design (e.g. Mitsubishi F-4EJKai Phantom II) or a customized design (e.g. Shinsei Industry VF-19 Custom of Macross 7).

Chinese warships sent to fight piracy in waters off Somalia were stalked by an Indian attack submarine and the two sides became locked in a tense standoff for at least half an hour, mainland media reported yesterday.

After rounds of manoeuvring during which both sides tried to test for weaknesses in the other's sonar system, the two Chinese warships managed to force the Indian submarine to surface. The Indian vessel left without further confrontation.

The incident was reported by Qingdao Chenbao yesterday and was widely carried by major mainland websites such as Sina.com and QQ. Both Beijing and New Delhi were silent about the matter.

This is the first reported military standoff between China and India since a bitter border war in 1962.

The incident took place on January 15 in waters near the Bab Al-Mandab Strait, which separates Yemen and Djibouti, at the western end of the Gulf of Aden. The Chinese destroyers had picked up an unidentified submarine on their sonar, the report said.

The Chinese navy soon identified it as a 70-metre-long vessel armed with 20 torpedoes. Although the report did not directly specify the model, it provided a file photo of a Kilo-class submarine belonging to the Indian navy, which fit the description.

The submarine tried to evade the Chinese warships by diving deeper. But the warships continued the chase.:sniper:

The report said the Chinese ships sent an anti-submarine helicopter to help track the submarine, which had tried to jam the Chinese warships' sonar system.

But the two destroyers eventually cornered the submarine and forced it to surface. The report said the submarine had been trailing the Chinese ships since they had entered the Indian Ocean on the way to Somalia.

It said that at one point the Chinese commander even ordered the helicopter to have its anti-submarine torpedoes ready.

The Indian submarine is believed to have been collecting electronic signals and sonar data from the Chinese warships. Such information would be crucial in naval conflicts.

The two destroyers China sent to Somalia are among its most advanced warships. One of the destroyers, Haikou, was commissioned in 2005.

It is rare for mainland media to report such a close encounter between the Chinese navy and foreign warships. Although deemed a provocative and unfriendly gesture, it was not unusual for one country to send submarines to collect other navies' information.

In 2006, a Chinese submarine was detected stalking the US aircraft carrier Kitty Hawk near the Japanese island of Okinawa. The Chinese submarine eventually surfaced close to the US battle group.
Asia & World News Headlines | Hong Kong's premier newspaper online | SCMP.com

"Haikou" destroyers looks very advanced to me, after that incident we can say that Z-9 helicopterz has excellent anti-submarine warfare suit :yahoo:

It is a Type 052C / Luyang-II destroywer. The first-of-class is Lanzhou (170). Haikou (171) is the second hull.

The designation 'Kilo class' is the NATO reporting name for a type of military diesel-electric submarines that are made in Russia. The original version of these vessels is designated in Russia Project 877 Paltus (Turbot). A more advanced version is designated Improved Kilo by NATO and in Russia is called Project 636 Varshavyanka.

Russia - 16 Kilos in active service, 8 in reserve.

Kilo class submarines have also been exported to:
Algeria - 4 Kilo; operational since 1987, some refitted in 1990
PR China - 2 Kilo, 2 Improved Kilo, and 8 further Improved Kilo
India - 10 Kilo (Sindhughosh Class)
Iran - 3 Kilo
Poland - 1 Kilo ORP Orzeł
Romania - 1 Kilo

Further exports pending:
Indonesia - 2 Improved Kilo on order in 2006, Scheduled to arrived at 2009
Libya - has decided to buy Kilo-636 submarines. An order is expected soon.
Venezuela - has arranged to buy three Kilo-636 submarines.

have we received any of our four F22p rigates,,

when will the first one be arriving to Karachi,

some time ago we listened about the first frigate to be launched in China but when will it join PN,

kindly inform me and forgive my lack of knowledge as i have been out of contact for some time,

so plz can anyone update me on this issue, i will really appreciate your guidance!

have we received any of our four F22p rigates,,

when will the first one be arriving to Karachi,

some time ago we listened about the first frigate to be launched in China but when will it join PN,

kindly inform me and forgive my lack of knowledge as i have been out of contact for some time,

so plz can anyone update me on this issue, i will really appreciate your guidance!

Though Pakistani experts had come to China a few days ago, it still need some time to test and check the ship, just wait! :pakistan::pakistan:
The second last picture is experts from Pakistan who just arrived Shanghai ,China.
ƯÁÁ£¡ÊÛ°Í뤶þºÅ½¢Êµ¿ö£º¹¤³Ì½áÊø£¬°Í·½½Ó½¢ÈËÔ±À´ÁË¡£[´óͼ]¡£ - º£¾üÂÛ̳ - ÌúѪ¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ - ÌúѪÉçÇø

This is much lke the Japanese use "K" or "Kai". This is a Japanese engineering suffix for an modified design (e.g. Mitsubishi F-4EJKai Phantom II) or a customized design (e.g. Shinsei Industry VF-19 Custom of Macross 7).

Kai is the same word as Gai in Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom