What's new

F-18 stealthier can we make JF-17 like this

AIR_F-18_Super_Hornet_International_Roadmap_Concept_lg.j  pg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not its just a start for us the sky is the limit ... inshallah lets see what will be cooking in the block 2 thunders ;)

As of my info, no major change is expected in block-II and no reshaping in block-III unless there are good deal of orders for Block-I and Block-II and we have money to invest in modifications. Sky is the limit true, but we got to see how tall our ladder can go.

Pak-China did sign a MOU for making a stealtier version of JFT........ Lets see.... We might see soke changes in BLK-II(Not drastic though)...While BLK-Ihas already started using composite material.....

Cant say anythin abt BLK-III

Flightglobal Videos

credit Raaz
pak def info
JF-17 was designed as low cost light 4 generation aircraft fighter to replace the obsolete MIG-21, F-7.....and for export to developing friendly countries. it's better to focus on join research/development with China for another low cost 5th generation aircraft fight. when the technologies from 5th generation more mature and the cost going down, then use it on JF-17 :china:
*F-18e/f costs more then $85 million dollars each:usflag:

I am not sure, but maybe you guys can weigh in.

If you look at the JSF (f-35) you will notice the round shape of the fuselage, due to the big engine, towards the back. JF-17 is pretty small compared to overall size of F-35. So what i mean is, if it already is small, they need to reshape the cockpit, and the radar dome for more sharp edges.

For weapons, they can make wings bigger and put them inside. But the main question would be of the any CFTs or drop tanks.

JF-17 stealth version is possible, and even a 50% reduction in the current RCS would mean it has very low RCS as it already is very small, compared to Twin engine, twin tail Su30 and MIG 29s.

Let our hand-on-experiences on the JFT first ..........before develop Stealth ten years later.

You can put all the make up and decorations you want on a dog, but at the end it's still a dog. Same way that you can try to manage a plane's radar signature all you want, but it's still a 4th Gen and will never match a true 5th Gen designed from the beginning to be VLO. Just that rounded nose cone is going to be a big source of return.

Boeing is just trying to cash in on the market by advertising F-15SE and the Super Hornet, gaps created by delays in F-35 program and the cancellation of F-22 orders.

You can put all the make up and decorations you want on a dog, but at the end it's still a dog. Same way that you can try to manage a plane's radar signature all you want, but it's still a 4th Gen and will never match a true 5th Gen designed from the beginning to be VLO. Just that rounded nose cone is going to be a big source of return.

Boeing is just trying to cash in on the market by advertising F-15SE and the Super Hornet, gaps created by delays in F-35 program and the cancellation of F-22 orders.

Interesting comment I'm sure you have a fascinating explanation for the comment "rounded nose cone is going to be a big source of return"

The internal weapons carriage of the F/A-18 seems pretty forward a system that can be attached to the bely of the JF-17 for relatively low cost would probably be possible.

Hi, to be blunt, they are selling fools gold to stupid buyers with this revamped junk. It is not even remotely stealth.

1) Wing-tip missiles. A missile has so many sharp edges that it has an RCS of many times an airplane, brazil discovered that, see here:
http://i.imgur.com/HmWsn.jpg

2) There is a clear gap between the air-intakes and the fuselage. They are not blended into the fuselage as in the F-22 or J-20. That gives off massive reflections, and forget the engine blade masking (which btw does not even cover all the frontal exposure).

3) That pregnant "stealth" tummy sack that sh*tbox is carrying, imagine doing a vertical climb and a barrel roll in a dog fight with that thing stuck to you (and carrying all your missiles!?) Apart from some BVR advantage, in a close in dogfight no extra 20% engine thrust is going to save one's a** with that doggy bag in tow.

In short, a stupid design, built to sell to dumb stupid retarded clients. Thanks!

Hi, to be blunt, they are selling fools gold to stupid buyers with this revamped junk. It is not even remotely stealth.

1) Wing-tip missiles. A missile has so many sharp edges that it has an RCS of many times an airplane, brazil discovered that, see here:
http://i.imgur.com/HmWsn.jpg

2) There is a clear gap between the air-intakes and the fuselage. They are not blended into the fuselage as in the F-22 or J-20. That gives off massive reflections, and forget the engine blade masking (which btw does not even cover all the frontal exposure).

3) That pregnant "stealth" tummy sack that sh*tbox is carrying, imagine doing a vertical climb and a barrel roll in a dog fight with that thing stuck to you (and carrying all your missiles!?) Apart from some BVR advantage, in a close in dogfight no extra 20% engine thrust is going to save one's a** with that doggy bag in tow.

In short, a stupid design, built to sell to dumb stupid retarded clients. Thanks!
I would think that with all the explanations posted by now, people should know that there is no such thing as 'stealth', despite what the media or even generals said.

Back
Top Bottom