What's new

F-14A vs F-15I

If f-14 really is as great as Vietminh is desperately trying to prove, then why has the US totally discontinued using it. Currently US has not even a single f-14 in it's fleet. Please understand that f-14 is old and it's glory days are long gone.

I think it was their mistake (USA), as they had left the M551 light tank firing ATGM through the barrel of a cannon, or assault rifle AR10 better than M16.

You do not know what to lobbying?this is the competition for aircraft carriers and McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 won before the Grumman F-14, like the case of Sukhoi 33 and MiG 29K

2951st CLSS A-10 Warthog ABDR of the Gulf War

What could be done for an F-111 may not be applicable to an F-16. For example, the flight control 'push-pull' rod in the hydro-mechanical F-111...

FLIGHT CONTROL MECHANISMS

...Can be replaced with a cut to length strong wooden rod wrapped by aluminum from a soda six pack. This is good for that 'one more mission' type of repairs. Of course, this 'one more' usually mean 'one last' for aircraft and crew.

This is not applicable to the fly-by-wire F-16.

Iranian F-14s have been flying under near war time conditions for decades. USAF ABDR instructors have several cabinets full of tricks that can keep pre fly-by-wire aircrafts flying for that 'one last' mission. The longer an aircraft flies that way, the worse this kind of 'band aid' solutions become common place and taken for granted, and the worse the jet flies. Problems that normally would ground and 'hangar queen' a jet are written off as 'fly as is' or FAI. I once speculated about writing a book of my USAF years titled 'FAI And 04BQ'. The '04BQ' is USAF code for indefinitely back ordered part.

Iranian F-14s will be decimated on the first day by F-15A, let alone the more advanced I versions.

You're talking about the F-15 or F-16? F-15 doesn't FBW. F-15A!, I have not even heard much about the F-15A and B, the Americans only use the F-15C/E A2A, WVR and F-15E Strike Eagle ground attack

You're talking about the F-15 or F-16? F-15 doesn't FBW. F-15A!, I have not even heard much about the F-15A and B, the Americans only use the F-15C/E A2A, WVR and F-15E Strike Eagle ground attack

See this buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
See this buddy

Ok, it's Python 5 missiles with a mode LOAL combined all-aspect/all-direction (including rearward).

I would add, Iranian F-14A is equipped with R-73 has the ability to shoot backwards, all-similar aspect Python and the AIM-9X. However Dogfight with modern technology, I would go with the F-15I. Because, Jewish missile in A2A mode / Dogfight better, more maneuverable.

The Aim-9X does 180 turns in one ocassion it did a 180 in front of the launching aircraft passing within 30 meters of the launching aircraft in only 2 seconds. R-73 can do 180´s also but takes 4 to 5 seconds it´s heavier and has more drag than the aim-9x & Python. Experienced pilots of both sides is not clear. However, the non-Jewish public with more significant achievements, but BVR's F-15I don't have the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, it's Python 5 missiles with a mode LOAL combined all-aspect/all-direction (including rearward).

I would add, Iranian F-14A is equipped with R-73 has the ability to shoot backwards, all-similar aspect Python and the AIM-9X. However Dogfight with modern technology, I would go with the F-15I. Because, Jewish missile in A2A mode / Dogfight better, more maneuverable.

The Aim-9X does 180 turns in one ocassion it did a 180 in front of the launching aircraft passing within 30 meters of the launching aircraft in only 2 seconds. R-73 can do 180´s also but takes 4 to 5 seconds it´s heavier and has more drag than the aim-9x & Python. Experienced pilots of both sides is not clear. However, the non-Jewish public with more significant achievements, but BVR's F-15I don't have the opportunity.

I think it is safe now to say that you are dreaming a long day dream. Wake up.

I think it is safe now to say that you are dreaming a long day dream. Wake up.

Why do you and a few others want game Dogfight in the 21st century?

War is always a surprise, our war in Vietnam, the Soviet Union they aren't for our own Mig 23, but we have used Mig 17 to defeat F4 and F105/111, Mig 17 has no missiles.

Iranian people are sleeping?your mind? I think forum member Iranian they should request the Iranian government to remove the F14 as too expensive and useless

Why do you and a few others want game Dogfight in the 21st century?

War is always a surprise, our war in Vietnam, the Soviet Union they aren't for our own Mig 23, but we have used Mig 17 to defeat F4 and F105/111, Mig 17 has no missiles.

Iranian people are sleeping?your mind? I think forum member Iranian they should request the Iranian government to remove the F14 as too expensive and useless

1st. You make no sense

2nd. Your F-14 vs F-15 question can only be considered a joke. All weapons of war are dangerous of course and lethal but as a force, the two are not comparable and you should stop thinking about it. There is no point.

1st. You make no sense

2nd. Your F-14 vs F-15 question can only be considered a joke. All weapons of war are dangerous of course and lethal but as a force, the two are not comparable and you should stop thinking about it. There is no point.

Ok, so I have a question for Python 5 missiles.

- it can't be "fire and forget" I know modes LOAL is good, but still have data-link missile continuous (What is this measure? I need answers) during the journey not the fire-and-forget mode with automatic target detection, I also want to know camera angles and FOV of eye guidance Python 5 is how much (45-60 degrees or 180 degrees?).

- This mode, I guess they must have the support of the helmet HMS. It's called DASH ! but it is with Python 4

- And one thing LOAL mode helps A2A missile engagement envelop 360 degrees is that true?

python4acm.gif

Ok, so I have a question for Python 5 missiles, it can't be mentioned "fire and forget" I know modes LOAL is good, but still have data-link missile continuous (What is this measure? I need answers) during the journey not the fire-and-forget mode with automatic target detection, I also want to know camera angles and FOV of eye guidance Python 5 is how much (60 degrees or 180 degrees?), and with this mode, I guess they must have the support of the helmet HMS

python4acm.gif

Man I have no idea. I never worked for or with Rafael and I have only seen the missile on display! How would I know?

It is not the weapons that make the outcome. It is their use.

And I heard Python 5 missile is one of the best in the world today?it is like a missile equipped with TVC?is that correct?

Man I have no idea. I never worked for or with Rafael and I have only seen the missile on display! How would I know?

It is not the weapons that make the outcome. It is their use.

So, it is still a secret?

I just want to ask about guidance mode's Python 5: IR + electro-optical imaging, I was looking for but information about the guide mode is dim

Iranian F-14s will be decimated on the first day by F-15A, let alone the more advanced I versions.

Look like something an Air-force pilot would say , I wonder what is the thought of a Navy Pilot on this matter .

Look like something an Air-force pilot would say , I wonder what is the thought of a Navy Pilot on this matter .
He would probably say the same. The most powerful thing on the -14 is its radar, as hinted by the large fuselage/radome to support it. Fleet defense needed that long reach. But the -15 got pretty much the same radar size but even more sophisticated features and sensitivity. Today's Navy pilots got a taste of that on the -18SH.

Here is the deal...

You do not need a radar in order to fly and even fight, even with today's integration. The USAF Thunderbirds and USN Blue Angels flies without radars. So if all the Iranian Air Force need is to put on an image that its -14s are allegedly 'capable', then a few airshow maneuvers will do fine and enough Iranians will be convinced. But for those of us who know and are experienced in the ins and outs of daily aviation issues, it is tough for us to see how 'capable' is a fleet whose parts are no longer in production and whatever remains have not been upgraded to even try to keep up with inexorable progress.

A powerful radar is no longer an asset to be feared by an adversary but a point of exploitation by that same adversary to hide from and do a surprise attack from an unexpected corner, after all, it is no different than a beacon that screams: 'Here I am...!!!'

Today's military aviation radar is JUDICIOUSLY powerful at rare times and is not needed to assist the INS via ground markers like in the old days or my days. A smaller but much more sophisticated beam forming and controls and data processing will achieve the same goal of illuminating a long range target with superior resolutions that the -14's system cannot match.

Back
Top Bottom