What's new

Extremist threat to family planning clinic

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR, July 18: A bomb hoax on Wednesday created panic in the vicinity of a family planning clinic located in a posh locality. Bomb disposal squad and police teams were called in to defuse an explosive device found outside the Sabz Sitara clinic in Defence Residential Colony at about 11:30am. The bomb disposal squad soon found out that the device was fake, which was assembled using some ball-bearings and wires placed inside a plastic bottle. A hand-written letter in Urdu was also found pinned to the fake bomb warning the staff of the clinic to shut down their ‘un-Islamic business’ within a week otherwise a real bomb would be planted outside the clinic.

“(Consider) this to be your last warning. (For now) we are just placing a replica of a bomb outside your clinic. Next time it will be a real bomb, capable of destroying the whole building. Wind up your programme within a week,” the letter that was apparently composed by someone with a weak command of the Urdu language. On top of the letter were two words written prominently, ‘Al Jehad and Al Shahadat’, while Jehadul Islami written on its bottom.

“You are trying to eliminate our race through family planning at the behest of the US and Israel,” it further said. At the end, unidentified persons also warned that people supporting President Pervez Musharraf would have to face a backlash like the one occurring in Swat and Miramshah.

Nayyar Syed of the Clinic said that they had received an anonymous call yesterday. “The caller had warned us to wind up our business. He had dubbed us US puppets,” he said. He had made it clear that if they continued what he termed efforts to decrease the Muslim population, they would have to face dire consequences.
http://dawn.com/2007/07/19/local27.htm

How stupid, everything America wants....

“You are trying to eliminate our race through family planning at the behest of the US and Israel,” it further said.

:rofl: :lol:

170 million people will not disappear into thin air just because of 'family planning'. Do these people realize that we have enough people and that addition of millions more every year only places a strain on our meagre resources?

How stupid, everything America wants....

What do you mean? are you agreeing with them that this is some sort of diabolical plan by the US and Israel to wipe out Muslims? :crazy:

No snake, all i feel sorry for some of my countrymen state of mind..

What we need is Aturk to deal with these mullahs.

We cant fight fire with fire; we need someone who is educated, moderate & will lead the country forward by clearing this mess.

Musharraf?

The problem is that he needs external help to be in power to make sure he gets the ' democratically elected tag '. And with that comes with a plethora of issues like playing to their tunes.

Muhsraff, as US claims is critical ally on WoT. That being the case US- Mushraff shud be the best pals and shud be helped bu US in every way.

Are they? No!!!

Yesterday only some US official refused to rule out bombing parts of Pakistan without proper permission. What wud gow rong if he had simpley stated ' we wont bomb any parts of Pakistan and even if we does we will do that after getting proper permission'. And what was Mushraff's response, nothing. Dead silence. Suprised, shocked.

ha ha .........nora.

woo hoo let me take a deep breath i cant stop laughing its like people stop wearing da condoms stop taking da pills or i will blow you all out.

prlease mullahjee least leave people alone in their bed rooms.lol

what the **** is that all about now.?
from what **** these people come from? i can never figure that out.

family planning is someone's personal choice there is some women due to some reasons they dont want to have children yet so they hold it to later.
and family planning should be the first most priority in pakistan the population control is so important that i can easily say that over populatin is actually the root of so many social and economic problems pakistan now faces.
and that is where i didnt like benazir bhoto becase when she was in power rather then leading by example she went on producing child after child stupid *****.

and that is where i didnt like benazir bhoto becase when she was in power rather then leading by example she went on producing child after child stupid *****.

I thought that you said it should be personal choice?

I thought that you said it should be personal choice?

hey hitler

i did not said that infact what i said is that people in pakistan should be banned from having more then 2 kids any kids more then 2 should be taken away.

and also people should be enforced to contracept all kind of contraception should be free and morning after pills should be given free abortion should be made easy and accessible.

and a state of emergency should be declared on the population control should be the first and ut most priority.

hey hitler

i did not said that infact what i said is that people in pakistan should be banned from having more then 2 kids any kids more then 2 should be taken away.

and also people should be enforced to contracept all kind of contraception should be free and morning after pills should be given free abortion should be made easy and accessible.

and a state of emergency should be declared on the population control should be the first and ut most priority.
You're calling Rahman a hitler after advocating the fact that any third child should be taken away from the parents?

Oh and of course, you are warned for name calling. No NAME calling, that too to a mod! Please learn to be respectful of others or else you're inviting trouble.

Pakistan needs forced family planning. People are too uneducated to make economic sense in some areas. If a child needs to be told right from wrong because they don't know what to do, then an uneducated person does also. Only question for me would be should the law be applied to everyone such as the rich also.

Back
Top Bottom