What's new

Eurofighter still a “Big Disappointment “for its Operators

WAQAS119

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Austria was the first country out of the Consortium of countries and Manufactures (Britain, Germany, Spain and Italy) to order Typhoon as its new air defense aircraft. Initial orders where reduced from 18 to 15 and Aircrafts where ordered in 2003.

First aircraft was delivered in mid-2007 and other started arriving soon after. Even after three years of it operational life in Austrian Air force most of fifteen jets are still grounded. Austrian army chiefs and Social Democratic (SPÖ) Defence Minister Norbert Darabos have been under fire from countries opposition parties regarding these matters.

Eurofighter GmbH the parent company which manufactures this aircrafts has been severely criticized by its own air forces which operate them, UK is already in the process on reducing the numbers of jets it has ordered.

Saudi Arabia which has been sold 72 of these jets, almost 50 of these jets will have limited Ground attack capabilities since they are from Tranche 1 and Tranche 2 batch, Expert believe that this deal was done to close UK Serious Fraud Office investigation into the Al Yamamah (”the dove”) defense deals which commenced in the 1980s.

Singapore went on to buy the F-15 due to uncertainty over Typhoon tranche 2 delivery dates.

Issues which Bae Hawks have still not been sorted out and this has affected whole pilot training program of Indian air force.

source.....

Bad Timing , this news should have been published after India selected Typhoons :D

Is it a new hoax to promote Super Hornet as same sort of reports have come to light about Rafale'. ??

Bad Timing , this news should have been published after India selected Typhoons :D

Is it a new hoax to promote Super Hornet as same sort of reports have come to light about Rafale'. ??

may be,,,, but from an indain source,,, things r bit fishy:what:

yes , but as for Saudi arabia i would say that they have made a BS by buying Typhoons.

Man they have put a massive amount of money in al Yamamah program which they should have invested in JSF program .

JSF is a 5th generation fighter and would be a lot better than the Typhoons.

i think Pakistan can purchase EF-2000 jet under license production.euro typhoon is more better than J-10.
PAF must to think about western technology nor Chinese

i think Pakistan can purchase EF-2000 jet under license production.euro typhoon is more better than J-10.
PAF must to think about western technology nor Chinese

Unit cost of one Eurofighter is 42 million pounds.

ILA 2008: Indian bids add spice

I would just like to state a French proverb -

L'argent ne se trouve pas sous le sabot (English: Money is not found under a horse's hoof)

Nomi Pakistan is not itrested in EF as for now though we have been offered.

Back
Top Bottom