What's new

Ethiopia diverts the Nile for Dh17bn dam, alarming countries downstream

The treaty will remain a treaty no matter what. Why did they sign it up back then? It's their fault.

The treaty was signed between Britain and Italy and Ethiopia had no say in that.

Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia all three need to sit down and agree on a water sharing formula which is fair to all.

Core of Egyptian population depend on River Nile and its water. Any threat to Nile is a national threat of Egypt's existence...

Dude your very delusional nobody is scared of the Saudi army except the Swiss Guards in the Vatican.... It took a Gay British dude( Lawrence of Arabia) to free you from Ottomon rule... haha man the jokes write themselves.

Dude were Just talking about destroying the Dam not conquering Ethiopia, its only 40 km away from Sudan borders where Egypt has set up an air base , further than the closest airbase your country has to the dam .

You also forgot Eritrea , a country egypt supported it receiving its independence from you where you ended up being a landlocked country.

After all the problem is with the Tigray racism whom think they are white and other ethiopians and fellow africans are inferior to them .

As we said problem is not with the dam , infact dam will also help egypt and sudan to get electricity but rather the amount of water kept behind the dam .

Egypt and Sudan use water for electricity to , so this amount used for electricity could be instead supplied by ethiopia in return for a good price payed by both Egypt and Sudan .

You Just need to compromise on the price so they compromise with their water share and everyone will be happy , but if you act stupid then you will lose more than Egyptians , after all you will lose all the billions you invested in building the dam while Egyptians will lose nothing , dam damaged water will follow as normal.

think about the issue , either both sides win from this , or only ethiopia would lose.

meles zenawi was already poisoned , so rethink again .

They did not sign it , their great grandfathers signed it.
So tell me one thing, if your grandfathers would have signed a treaty which gives 80% right of your oil to another country would you accept it?

There is no agreement with us.... it was only between Sudan and Egypt......... anyways the dam is 30 % complete already. if they bomb it in the future it will flood Khartoum..... we can also permanently decrease the water that Egypt gets by diverting the many streams that feed the Nile....all options are on the table for us because 85% of the Nile water comes from the Ethiopian highlands.

I think Egypt needs to just remind these countries who they're dealing with. Just go in and blow the place to shreds Egypt, no one will lift a finger to help Sudan or Ethiopia.

Core of Egyptian population depend on River Nile and its water. Any threat to Nile is a national threat of Egypt's existence...

Man Egypt raped Ethiopia several times before, they recently poisoned their leader meles zenwai and helped eritrea gain independence through supplying arms during their independence war in 1990 .

The thing this Dam has advantages for Egypt and Sudan because saving a certain level of water behind it will allow egypt and sudan to receive more silt thus increasing the fertility of lands in Egypt and Sudan .

The problem is only over the amount of water that should be saved behind the dam .

The Egyptian mentality is more on let us benefit from the dam in the level that suits us , if not then bomb it and flood northern ethiopia .

The dam will be finished in 2018 and it will harm Egypt if the dam holds 75 billion cubes of water which will start in post 2020.

Egypt has enough time to negotiate and at the same time move some of its ballistic missiles to the base it has in sudan 40 km from the dam location inside ethiopia.

negotiation first and lobby foreign countries on this issue , if it does not work then just bomb the dam , very simple.

There is no agreement with us.... it was only between Sudan and Egypt......... anyways the dam is 30 % complete already. if they bomb it in the future it will flood Khartoum..... we can also permanently decrease the water that Egypt gets by diverting the many streams that feed the Nile....all options are on the table for us because 85% of the Nile water comes from the Ethiopian highlands.

you do not have many options because simply Egypt could drive your country into a civil war without even sending one soldier in .

All your dams are within Egypt ballistic missiles range and Egypt has air-base in Sudan only 40 km from your border.

I want you to cut water from Egypt so they will have enough reason bomb the **** out of your country and support oromo and other ethnic groups seeking independence from ethiopia.

Egypt and Sudan also want to reduce their population , they are willing to lose up to 10 million people for the sake of water .

I think Egypt needs to just remind these countries who they're dealing with. Just go in and blow the place to shreds Egypt, no one will lift a finger to help Sudan or Ethiopia.

Actually Sudan and Egypt are on one side against Ethiopia , not even all ethiopia only a minority group ruling there called tigray .

Dude were Just talking about destroying the Dam not conquering Ethiopia, its only 40 km away from Sudan borders where Egypt has set up an air base , further than the closest airbase your country has to the dam .

You also forgot Eritrea , a country egypt supported it receiving its independence from you where you ended up being a landlocked country.

After all the problem is with the Tigray racism whom think they are white and other ethiopians and fellow africans are inferior to them .

As we said problem is not with the dam , infact dam will also help egypt and sudan to get electricity but rather the amount of water kept behind the dam .

Egypt and Sudan use water for electricity to , so this amount used for electricity could be instead supplied by ethiopia in return for a good price payed by both Egypt and Sudan .

You Just need to compromise on the price so they compromise with their water share and everyone will be happy , but if you act stupid then you will lose more than Egyptians , after all you will lose all the billions you invested in building the dam while Egyptians will lose nothing , dam damaged water will follow as normal.

think about the issue , either both sides win from this , or only ethiopia would lose.

meles zenawi was already poisoned , so rethink again .

dude don't talk about things which you have no clue about their are no Ethiopians who think they are white:lol::lol: i'm Tigray myself so i know there is no such thing as a white tigrian or Ethiopian lol...... Egypt and Sudan already agreed to buy electricity...

Dude your very delusional nobody is scared of the Saudi army except the Swiss Guards in the Vatican.... It took a Gay British dude( Lawrence of Arabia) to free you from Ottomon rule... haha man the jokes write themselves.

We forgot to add that 40% of Ethiopia are muslim , a very dangerous card that could burn your country to , after all we know of the religious persecution going on there on them , we also have oromo and other ethnic groups seeking independence.

There is somalia and eritrea two country who have claims over lands in your country and would love to go to war if they get supplied with weapons.

Egypt has over 40 thousand RPG it wants to get rid of , perhaps falling into the hands of these people will help them in destroying the few Junk T-55 and armored vechiles your army is currently operating.

many cards to play , more than you imagine , but lets see how diplomacy will work over the next 5-10 years first.

dude don't talk about things which you have no clue about their are no Ethiopians who think they are white:lol::lol: i'm Tigray myself so i know there is no such thing as a white tigrian or Ethiopian lol...... Egypt and Sudan already agreed to buy electricity...

This is what I said stupid , Both Egypt and Sudan need renewable electricity, the problem is not with the dam but on the amount of water that will be stored behind it .

Do you understand english ?

no one is against the dam but how much water will be saved behind it .

The treaty was signed between Britain and Italy and Ethiopia had no say in that.

Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia all three need to sit down and agree on a water sharing formula which is fair to all.

No one is against the Dam including Egypt , the problem is about the amount of water stored behind it .

India itself has the same problem with China now over building a dam on brahmaputra river , the only difference if Egypt does not reach proper agreement with Ethiopia over dam , it will simply bomb it , on the other hand India can even look at china's face sadly.

This is all about luck and who can enforce his well at the end and Egypt wants to reduce its population anyway and a war with ethiopia is just an opportunity for Egypt and Sudan .

Ethiopia does not border Egypt so it cants even target it on the otherhand egypt has base in Sudan and could easily pour soldiers into there.

if mutual compromise is made then that would be great , but if not then egypt has nothing to lose , it will only be ethiopia losing hard borrowed billions over a dam .

Coming from an Ethiopian?

567.gif

@Mosamania @JUBA @Arabian Legend

check this dude out guys.:laughcry:

We don't like to repeat ourselves, Saudi Arabia and Egypt have already warned Ethiopia and laid down their words that Force will be used to reduce the tension. What is the ethiopian army against Egypt and/or RSAF. One squadron is enough to turn that dam into dust......

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, lets get down to business boys.

1)Egypt will not wave its colonial rights to the share of the Nile waters, With an ever growing population and a spiraling energy crisis Egypt needs the majority share of the water.

2)Egypt may tolerate an Ethiopian hydro dam but only if its colonial share is maintained. If the share is guaranteed (properly not just with words) there wont be hostility, (much) if its not then Ethiopia as a nation is in trouble.

3) As this is a defence forum lets get down to the nitty gritty: a) Egypt will not simply bomb a dam and leave. Egypt will actively bomb every vital piece of Ethiopian infrastructure possible and make sure Ethiopia is militarily handicapped by reducing its air force to nothing while its still on the ground.

b)How you ask. Well the renaissance dam is 3,551Km of road miles away from the center of Cairo. This means two things.
3)B)I) 1. That the Egyptian air force is definitely capable of launching a mission into Ethiopia from southern Egypt let alone from Sudan.

3)B)II) Egyptian fighters will need to refuel either on route or back towards Egypt (if they aren't carrying drop tanks). This may involve landing in Sudan or much more likely Saudi air tankers off the coast of Eritrea.

3)B)III)Some may now be wondering how Egypt will deal with the Ethiopian air force. The only real threat to Egyptian fighters would be the SU-27, the SU-23 (if its still running is obsolete) has no chance with an F-16 or a Mirage-2000. Now I challenge members to find me footage of more than 3 of these babies flying together. The Ethiopian military has no EW systems, no AWACS and no experience in air to air engagement whatsoever it also has no AWACS. Egyptian F-16s and Mirage-2000 fighters will have support from an EC-130H and a E-2 Hawkeye if required. Support will also come from Cairo as we have spy satellites with a resolution of 1m (not the best but hey its what we got). Now assuming that Ethiopia can maintain it SU-27 of which it has 18 (presuming they all fly out of the same base), Egypt wont seek a direct confrontation but do what the Israelis did to us in 67.

4) Ethiopia has old and obsolete air defence systems. F-16s tasked with SEAD armed with AGM-88 will slice through them like a knife through butter.

5) Some ask of American interference. I reply with: The Americans will not interfere with Egyptian national security issues just as Egypt doesn't interfere with American security matters in the region. Even if they do interfere Egypt will carry on (just ask the Chinese officials who took a trip to Egyptian F-16 bases :D ).

6) To the Ethiopian gentleman who thinks that events from over 100 years ago is in any way relevant or in any way shows some sort of Ethiopian supremacy, who are you trying to fool? because it looks like youre trying to convince yourself. This wont be an invasion nor will there be any ground troops (except special forces).

Any questions lads.

In my opinion the water belongs to the nation it springs in.
If they leave enough for drink usage there is no problem.
That water is the energy source of that country.
Nobody tells you how to use your oil right? maybe you should share that equally as well.

I'm sure you wouldn't say that if the river was running from Iraq to your country,not vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom