What's new

English official abuses Indian archery coach

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: While the foreign media continues to highlight glitches in the Games, there's a growing feeling it might be biased. Not just the media, there are now instances of English and Australian athletes and officials indulging in graceless behaviour.

On Friday, an English official used a sexual expletive against Indian archery coach Limba Ram after the Indian women's team beat England.

Limba said he was also pushed when he went to shake hands after the match. "They were obviously very upset. One official told me to f*** off. He was wearing the English jersey. I was shocked, but decided to ignore it."

The much-decorated South African swimmer, Roland Schoeman, was so angry with the crowd at the SPM Aquatics Complex that he went to the extent of calling a spectator 'a monkey'.

In a poolside TV interview, Schoeman accused the crowd of not respecting a professional event. "It's an absolute disgrace. There's a guy in the stands just shouting, shouting, shouting. Somebody like that needs to be ejected. It's unacceptable to be at a professional event like this and have people going on like monkeys. Someone like that doesn't deserve to be here."

Schoeman's anger at bad crowd behaviour is perhaps understandable, but it came on a day when the much-talked-about gripe about the pool water causing stomach ailments proved entirely unfounded. Tests conducted on the water showed it met international standards.

The past few days have thrown up at least two other instances of unacceptable behaviour by athletes. On Wednesday, Australian track cyclist Shane Perkins gave umpires a 'two-finger salute' after being disqualified for dangerous riding. He repented later and voluntarily pulled out of the team sprint event on Friday.

Earlier, Australian wrestler Hassene Fkiri was stripped of his silver medal for making an obscene gesture at a judge.

English official abuses Indian archery coach

@ mods...Please make a seperate forum for "CWG western athletes abusing/badmouthing India/Indians"

It will do us a lot of favour. One reply to such a forum will adress all abuses.

Ek teer se kai shikaar:lol:

these goras are jealous i suppose..
the more frustrated they are, the more credit goes to the indians.

the firangs get upset when they lose and hurl abuses

Hard for them to digest a defeat. Time to refuse shaking hands with these goras .

This is getting dirty. A sports should be a sports and there should be sportsmanship or ehh i think change the word to sportswomanship atleast there will be some ethics

The English are denying it.

Commonwealth Games 2010: English archers deny slur against official​

England's archery team have denied an accusation that one of their officials insulted the Indian head coach after the women's recurve final on Friday. England lost by one point after an extremely fractious contest in which the excitable home crowd made a lot of noise.

India's head coach, Limba Ram, said that after the match was over he had approached an English team official to shake hands, but was told to "**** off". Ram was unable to identify the man who had insulted him. Ram was gracious enough to shrug the slight off.

"Following an internal team investigation, there is no indication that an English official was involved in yesterday's alleged rudeness to an Indian official at the archery venue," read a statement from the England team. "As an England team we have all worked hard with our Indian hosts to make these Games successful and to respect each others' cultures. We would ask, of course, that athletes are respected when they are competing in the spirit of fair play in sport."

The English team were upset by the noise made by the partisan crowd. England had held the lead going into the last round, but said they were disturbed by the rowdy spectators. "I was nervous," said Amy Oliver, "the crowd was not good. They were pretty loud and it was not good sportsmanship for archery."

"Obviously it was a difficult way to finish," said Alison Williamson, who shot last. "This is not a typical archery crowd but we're not making any excuses because we shoot as a team. I liken it to golf, though. You don't get people clapping and shouting when someone is teeing off." Archery's governing body has since issued a statement calling for the spectators at the Games to show a sense of "fair play"

Last edited:
Hard for them to digest a defeat. Time to refuse shaking hands with these goras .

This is getting dirty. A sports should be a sports and there should be sportsmanship or ehh i think change the word to sportswomanship atleast there will be some ethics

Naaaa. We will slowly and slowly dominate them where it matters the most....the economy!

Abhi toh hamein 300 saal kee ghulami ka badla lena hai. Abhi toh humne sirf inki companies khareedni shuru kee hain toh ye itna shor macha rahe hain. Jab hamari economy itni strong hogi (after 15-20 years) ke ye hamare peeche dum hilaate ghoomenge tab kya hoga ye socho.

India will rise and take its rightful place in the world very soon! It's only a matter of time now.

P.S. there's a very infamous anecdote here in delhi. You know, there is an area where the british had a prison. From behind the prison, the yamuna river passed. You know what? The british officers used to take Indian freedom fighters in the basement of that prison, cut them with their swords and throw their bodies into the yamuna river. The families of those indian freedom fighters always wondered whatever happened to their sons.

Remember jalianwala bagh...
Remember Kaala paani...

It makes my blood boil thinking what their ancestors have done to mine (and yours too). But it's ok, there's no point crying about the past now. We will let our actions speak louder than our words.

INDIA WILL RISE, SOON...VERY SOON.

It is hard for them to see their former slaves looking at them into the eyes now.

Last edited:
it's still very hard for this gora chamdis to digest the success of once so called colonies of these guys. it's so evident here in their broadcast of CWG. All they are interested in showing is the success of england, scotland, wales, australia & canada. Rest of the countries are non existant. Any negetives coming out of CWG, they are there 1st in the q to show even silly little things like moths surrounding the flood lights & make a negetive news out of it. We are having to google to see the clips of the events involving success of athletes from other countries. Man.. i'm sick of their attitude towards people of lesser god!!

While I don't condone the behavior of these athletes, please don't turn this into a racist thread. Let's take each individual athlete's comment as is without bringing their race into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom