What's new

ENGINEERS ON THE FORUM ?

topgun787

Reaction score
Friends by profession i am a mechanical engineer and currently in my final semister of mechanical engineering in NUST. I 'll pass out in jan 2012. First i wanted to know HOW MANY ENGINEERS ARE ON DEF.PK,if you can mention currently where you are and experience and some suggestions regarding job.

Then there is a question from my side. Considering the conditions in Pakistan especially karachi what do you suggest in which city i should apply for job? And if there's a option of doing MS in Europe or America etc. What i should consider ? job or masters ? Your suggestions please? which country more suitable? if you have any of job adds please post in this thread. THANK YOU

Computer science Engineer from Mumbai University (batch of 2011)..
I will suggest you to choose canada for masters...you can do masters now as i think it becomes boring to study after gap..

There are a lot of engineers here.I know at least couple guys here who are studying in NUST.I'd suggest you MS option.

mechanical engg
passed out frn govt engg college, tvm

Your suggestions please? which country more suitable? if you have any of job adds please post in this thread. THANK YOU

To get a job abroad you might need some experience (3-4 years). In some countries companies prefer a PR (a permanent working visa) visa. If you have outstanding skills and experience foreign companies are willing to provide with the just that (a working visa).

I am assuming you also want to apply for immigration ? Am I right ?

mechanical engg
passed out frn govt engg college, tvm

what is tvm . where are you doing job. guys please mention the year too.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

There are a lot of engineers here.I know at least couple guys here who are studying in NUST.I'd suggest you MS option.

i am applying for norway. can you tell me some good universities?

count me in.. pass out of National Institute of Technology,Durgapur.

Electrical engineer here. From National Institute of Technology - Karnataka

Count me in too. NSIT Delhi University graduate in Instrumentation and Control Engg. Currently pursuing MBA (in second year) from Delhi University.

count me in dear. A chemical engineer with 13 years of experience. Working in pakistan.

Friends by profession i am a mechanical engineer and currently in my final semister of mechanical engineering in NUST. I 'll pass out in jan 2012. First i wanted to know HOW MANY ENGINEERS ARE ON DEF.PK,if you can mention currently where you are and experience and some suggestions regarding job.

Then there is a question from my side. Considering the conditions in Pakistan especially karachi what do you suggest in which city i should apply for job? And if there's a option of doing MS in Europe or America etc. What i should consider ? job or masters ? Your suggestions please? which country more suitable? if you have any of job adds please post in this thread. THANK YOU

What is your preferred role?
Do you see your self as a designer or an implementer ?
How comfortable were you with 6 semesters of Mathematics ?
Are you comfortable with CAD/CAM design tools ?

All of this goes into making your future decisions. in addition to family preferences etc etc etc.
I assume you are from EME, degree 28 or is it 29 now ?

Talk to your seniors and see how they are placed and what kind of jobs they are doing.

As for Masters, it is a ridiculous thing to go into Masters straight after Bachelors degree.
Your research and subsequent thesis will be worth a whole lot more, if you had 5 years of industry experience under your belt.

Regards

As for Masters, it is a ridiculous thing to go into Masters straight after Bachelors degree.

If you want to apply for immigration in the country you studied in... that is the only option

Back
Top Bottom