What's new

Electricity situation in Asia

^^ we have but they are not enough

i hope GOI pays attention to alternative of generating electricity from waves

one such project in Australia according to estimates can produce 8500 MW of electricity

we should go for such projects

I have one flat in Central Mumbai and another in the Eastern suburbs, both with 24 x 7 power supply.

Although Navi Mumbai face power cuts sometimes.

yes but power cuts are now rare in navi Mumbai now

i think it is due to zero load shedding policy

In Gujarat now...and not a single minute power cut...

that's because Gujarat has 4000 MW extra electricity

Doesnt India have windmills to produce electricity?

Yes we do ..FYI ...India is world's 5th largest wind power producer.

As of 31 March 2011 the installed capacity of wind power in India was 16078 MW, mainly spread across

• Tamil Nadu - 6007 MW
  • Maharashtra - 2310.70 MW
  • Gujarat - 2175.60 MW
  • Karnataka - 1730.10 MW
  • Rajasthan - 1524.70 MW
  • Madhya Pradesh - 275.50 MW
  • Andhra Pradesh - 200.20 MW
  • Kerala - 32.8 MW
  • Orissa - 2MW
  • West Bengal - 1.1 MW
  • other states - 3.20 MW

It is estimated that 6,000 MW of additional wind power capacity will be installed in India by 2012
Wind power accounts for 6% of India's total installed power capacity, and it generates 1.6% of the country's power.

800px-Aralvaimozhy_station.jpg

Yes we do ..FYI ...India is world's 5th largest wind power producer.

As of 31 March 2011 the installed capacity of wind power in India was 16078 MW, mainly spread across

• Tamil Nadu - 6007 MW
  • Maharashtra - 2310.70 MW
  • Gujarat - 2175.60 MW
  • Karnataka - 1730.10 MW
  • Rajasthan - 1524.70 MW
  • Madhya Pradesh - 275.50 MW
  • Andhra Pradesh - 200.20 MW
  • Kerala - 32.8 MW
  • Orissa - 2MW
  • West Bengal - 1.1 MW
  • other states - 3.20 MW

It is estimated that 6,000 MW of additional wind power capacity will be installed in India by 2012
Wind power accounts for 6% of India's total installed power capacity, and it generates 1.6% of the country's power.

800px-Aralvaimozhy_station.jpg

No offense but installation of large wind mills in vast numbers reduce the rainfalls in that area.. It has something to do with cloud formation in that area..

If u check out places with large wind mills u will notice those places have a clear sky..

Wind MIlls are not god given method of electricity generation and they do have many drawbacks !!

uh and i have to add that i havnt seen any power cut for more than an hour in my life!

No offense but installation of large wind mills in vast numbers reduce the rainfalls in that area.. It has something to do with cloud formation in that area..

If u check out places with large wind mills u will notice those places have a clear sky..

Wind MIlls are not god given method of electricity generation and they do have many drawbacks !!
LOLLLL IF U CHECK THE PIC IN THE POST U REPLIED TO IT CLEARLY SHOWS RAINY CLOUDS WHERE THERE ARE WIND TUNNNELS...

I was in Yanguang, Guangdong a few years ago visiting some family friends. In total I spent about 5 days in that town, which is a pretty small fishing town of about 5 thousand people at max. I think the power went out every day I was there, but only briefly though (lastsed maybe 30 minutes). It sucked because the place was humid and I needed the air conditioning.

What sucks even more was that a nuclear power plant was being constructed nearby at the time.

P.S: Seafood at that place is straight out of heavens.

One of my friend once told he gets unlimited electricity for monthly subscription in some part of Russia.

LOLLLL IF U CHECK THE PIC IN THE POST U REPLIED TO IT CLEARLY SHOWS RAINY CLOUDS WHERE THERE ARE WIND TUNNNELS...

I didnt say that it becomes the driest place on earth famine etc.. read carefully. I said rainfall is severely reduced in that area.

And regarding that pic, that place has the advantage of hills which may have stopped the clouds which would have dispersed if those hillocks were not there.

Back
Top Bottom