What's new

Easy homecoming: Saudi Arabians quit Syria war

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
994993303974033.JPEG

This undated file image posted on a militant website on Jan. 14, 2014 shows fighters from the Al-Qaeda linked Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) marching in Raqqa, Syria. Thousands of foreign jihadists, including Saudis, have joined various forces fighting againstg the Assad regime in Syria. (AP)

JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Published — Friday 14 February 2014

Last update 15 February 2014 12:46 pm

Several young Saudis who had gone to Syria on their own to fight alongside opposition forces have returned home.
The Saudi Embassy in Turkey facilitated their return, Saudi Ambassador to Ankara Adel Mirdad said, adding: “All Saudi (fighters) who returned through Turkey were young men and did not include any women.”
The ambassador put the average age of the Saudi fighters at 20 years. “This indicates that they were misguided (by extremist groups),” Mirdad said. “We received several calls from the relatives of these Saudis and we have informed them that the moment they arrive in Turkey. We will make arrangements for their travel to the Kingdom,” he added.
Mirdad emphasized his embassy’s efforts to facilitate the return of Saudi fighters. “We have clear instructions from higher authorities to provide Saudis abroad all care and support, especially for those in trouble zones,” he said. Many young Saudis had taken refuge at the embassy seeking assistance to facilitate their return to the Kingdom.According to a report carried by Al-Watan newspaper, 1,400 Saudi fighters and relief workers were in Syria. They represent a small group compared to 20,000 foreign fighters in the war-torn country, the paper said, adding that 20 percent of Saudi fighters had returned. The number of Saudi returnees from the Syrian war zone is expected to go up drastically after a recent royal decree warning such fighters that they would face three to 20 years for taking part in conflicts abroad.

Easy homecoming: Saudis quit Syria war | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

No matter how unjust the situation is in Syria then it is better for those young people not to go. A lot of nonsense is going on among those groups and very few are genuine. So better to support the local groups with money or do donations or humanitarian work.

I do think that the new royal degree is quite drastic though.

Saudi news sources cannot be trusted when it comes down to this, jihadists barely return they are there to die.

Saudi news sources cannot be trusted when it comes down to this, jihadists barely return they are there to die.

I expected you here. No, the Saudi Arabian ambassador in Turkey cannot be trusted and all the young fighters who have returned.
All Saudi (fighters) who returned through Turkey were young men and did not include any women.

Thus this means that some or many have already left the fighting. Hence the "who returned". 20% was the figure. That's 280 individuals.

Al-Watan is not a Saudi Arabian newspaper either but a Kuwaiti one.

1400 is a very accurate number.

Not all are going there to die otherwise they would not be returning would they?

The average age is 20. Most are 18-25 years old. Thus easily lured into things they really don't want to do. Hence many are going back. There have been reports of some of those misguided souls being forced to fight and not allowed to return back by their commanders.

Last edited:
I expected you here. No, the Saudi Arabian ambassador in Turkey cannot be trusted and all the young fighters who have returned.

Not all are going there to die otherwise they would not be returning would they?

Those that return will be treated the same way those that returned from Afghanistan, put in jail, rehabilitation shit doesn’t work on all only those that were tricked into Syria whom are clueless.

Though I see a dirty policy, they only said people that would fight in Syria would be arrested when ISIL started to kill the others, before that they were sending their jihadi trash to Syria like they did in Afghanistan in the 80’s.

Those that return will be treated the same way those that returned from Afghanistan, put in jail, rehabilitation shit doesn’t work on all only those that were tricked into Syria whom are clueless.

Though I see a dirty policy, they only said people that would fight in Syria would be arrested when ISIL started to kill the others, before that they were sending their jihadi trash to Syria like they did in Afghanistan in the 80’s.

You are talking nonsense as usual. What do you know about those rehabilitation programs? It has been a booming success. Only like 3% are returning to any armed conflicts whether back home or outside of it. Go use google.

Most are 18-25 year olds. The average age is 20 years old. Don't you think that those people can be lured into a false "Jihad" and empty promises of justice etc. Driven by religion and to help the oppressed people? Of course they do.

Are you blind? The royal degree concerns ALL people who fight abroad. Besides people were penalized for doing that for a long, long time. Only during the Afghan-Soviet war there were no penalties neither in KSA or any other Muslim/Arab state.

Nobody is sending anything. Do you understand that? The Saudi Arabian clergy already warned people not to go to Syria 1.5 years ago. The mostly very young individuals who go to Syria are going there on their own.
Besides Iraqis are making up the largest foreign group on both sides of the conflict. So stop the lecturing.
Also quit trolling every thread I make man. What's the problem now?

You are talking nonsense as usual. What do you know about those rehabilitation programs? It has been a booming success. Only like 3% are returning to any armed conflicts whether back home or outside of it. Go use google.
Then that shows how retarded they become without the right brainwashing classes, implement that rehabilitation in their school years and prevent it.

Most are 18-25 year olds. The average age is 20 years old. Don't you think that those people can be lured into a false "Jihad" and empty promises of justice etc. Driven by religion and to help the oppressed people? Of course they do.

Are you blind? The royal degree concerns ALL people who fight abroad. Besides people were penalized for doing that for a long, long time. Only during the Afghan-Soviet war there were no penalties neither in KSA or any other Muslim/Arab state.

The vid of Saudis that were in Saudi jails turned up in Syria, I don’t believe they escaped, they don’t have the security issues there. The same as in the 1980’s, Saudi Arabia released it’s jihadi trash to fight in Afg then Syria.

Nobody is sending anything? Do you understand that? The Saudi Arabian clergy already warned people not to go to Syria 1.5 years ago. The mostly every young individuals who go to Syria are going there on their own.
1 cleric saying different doesn’t make a difference, just propaganda to keep things balanced on paper, the endless brainwashing of hatred by people like Aroor are heavier on the general population.

A combination of Alawites and meat grinders, that gives people the message to torture and to target 1 religious group. If the general religious retards follow such leaders no wonder the ME is on fire.

Then that shows how retarded they become without the right brainwashing classes, implement that rehabilitation in their school years and prevent it.

The vid of Saudis that were in Saudi jails turned up in Syria, I don’t believe they escaped, they don’t have the security issues there. The same as in the 1980’s, Saudi Arabia released it’s jihadi trash to fight in Afg then Syria.

1 cleric saying different doesn’t make a difference, just propaganda to keep things balanced on paper, the endless brainwashing of hatred by people like Aroor are heavier on the general population.

A combination of Alawites and meat grinders, that gives people the message to torture and to target 1 religious group. If the general religious retards follow such leaders no wonder the ME is on fire.

The Afghan-Soviet war was a just cause and had it not been for Al-Nusra and ISIS the Syrian war would have been a just war too as a Muslim to go and fight in. Still is if you can avoid those groups if you ask me and most Muslims.

We are talking about a tiny minority. 2000 persons at most. Some already dead.

What you talking about? Which prison escape?

CLERGY. The Grand Mufti. Highest religious leader. Not some cleric in some mountain village in Hijaz, Al-Bahah or a Najdi farmer in Unaizah.

Al-Arour has his little channel that very few watch besides he does not support ISIS or Al-Nusra. Nor is he taken that much seriously. He is not guilty of anything. Has not participated or done any terrorist acts. Let him speak. He is anti-Assad. Good thing. He was referring to the Child-Murderers among them and probably some emotional speech. Anyway he does not matter.

Last edited:
The Afghan-Soviet war was a just cause and had it not been for Al-Nusra and ISIS the Syrian war would have been a just war too as a Muslim to go and fight in. Still is if you can avoid those groups if you ask me and most Muslims.
Syria was a just cause as well including for you, until lately ISIL and Nusra started their own way, suddenly your all blaming Iran and Iraq for ISIS.

What you talking about? Which escape jail?

CLERGY. The Grand Mufti. Highest religious leader. Not some cleric in some mountain village in Hijaz, Al-Bahah or a Najdi farmer in Unaizah.

Al-Arour has his little channel that very few watch besides he does not support ISIS or Al-Nusra. Nor is he taken that much seriously. He is not guilty of anything. Has not participated or done any terrorist acts. Let him speak. He is anti-Assad. Good thing. He was referring to the Child-Murderers among them and probably some emotional speech. Anyway he does not matter.
Arour is an example of spreading hatred and pushing people on killing Alawites based on their sect + torturing. He’s guilty actually, did you like Wathiq to hold his speeches ? he’s smaller then Aroor, yet you want him executed so quit the hypocrisy.

Again, my point is the Saudis have changed their opinion on these jihadists because they started to fight the other of the opposition, just like you and the others here started with the ISIL - Iran/Iraq connection conspiracy now which is laughable.

Syria was a just cause as well including for you, until lately ISIL and Nusra started their own way, suddenly your all blaming Iran and Iraq for ISIS.

Arour is an example of spreading hatred and pushing people on killing Alawites based on their sect + torturing. He’s guilty actually, did you like Wathiq to hold his speeches ? he’s smaller then Aroor, yet you want him executed so quit the hypocrisy.

Again, my point is the Saudis have changed their opinion on these jihadists because they started to fight the other of the opposition, just like you and the others here started with the ISIL - Iran/Iraq connection conspiracy now which is laughable.

It still is. Resistance against the Child-Murderer and his thugs that are guilty of crimes against humanity that even the UN acknowledges and the Arab League is still legitimate. The point is though that the locals should preferably deal with that. Grown up Syrians. Not teenagers from across the world that can be lured into groups such as ISIS and Al-Nusra. I never supported those two groups so come again. We already had this discussion 1 year ago where you got the same message.

ISIS has dealings with Al-Asshead and is never attacked by Al-Asshead. ISIS is the best thing that could have happened for him politically. Which Iran are you talking about? Iraq as well? The fact that ISIS is a Iraqi organization, led by Iraqis, most of it fighters are Iraqi is just a fact. Why did the corrupt and largely useless Iraqi government not target them before? Why suddenly now? You know that they have not done well enough or good enough. I already explained to you the ground situation in Ramadi.

Never talked about any execution. I said that he has not committed any crimes. Let him talk. He is not a leader of anything. He never supported ISIS or Al-Nusra and is referring to the Child-Muderers among the Nusayris. What is wrong with that? We want all Child-Murderers dead no matter who or where they are from.

Lastly he does not matter. His little channel is not important. Nobody takes him seriously nearly. I do not care about him.

Last edited:
I hope these people continue to contribute in great ways, like their predecessor Sheikh Osama Bin Laden.

It's better for people not to go, they are making it worse as the ones who go are sentimental and easily manipulated by Qaeda groups. Recently those foreigners have started undermining FSA in favor of Bashar.

Syria doesn't need anybody to come but rather need money and arms.

I hope these people continue to contribute in great ways, like their predecessor Sheikh Osama Bin Laden.

Who was half Yemeni and half Syrian. Nice trolling attempt.

It's better for people not to go, they are making it worse as the ones who go are sentimental and easily manipulated by Qaeda groups. Recently those foreigners have started undermining FSA in favor of Bashar.

I agree.

Thus this means that some or many have already left the fighting. Hence the "who returned". 20% was the figure. That's 280 individuals.

The average age is 20. Most are 18-25 years old. Thus easily lured into things they really don't want to do. Hence many are going back. There have been reports of some of those misguided souls being forced to fight and not allowed to return back by their commanders.
I don't believe any saudi source, even and overall official leaders

Where? Always fake infightings, fake car bombs, fake bombings

Back
Top Bottom