What's new

Earthquake in India and Pakistan

Pride

Reaction score
Country
India
Delhi shaken as earthquake strikes Pakistan
New Delhi: A powerful 7.4 magnitude earthquake struck Pakistan at 1:53 am am on Wednesday. Preliminary reports suggest that the epicentre of the earthquake was in Southwest Pakistan.

Read more at: Delhi shaken as earthquake strikes Pakistan

Man it was long 1 minute earthhquake.. my bed was shaking, fan was waving like pendulum.. anyone else felt the same?

yep, they r saying its 7.3 magnitude. no damage reported as of yet but lets hope that there are no aftershocks.

Posted at 3:45 PM ET, 01/18/2011

Earthquake in Pakistan, with a magnitude of 7.4, felt from Dubai to Delhi
By Melissa Bell

An earthquake has hit southwest Pakistan with a magnitude of 7.4. Twitter lit up with the news that people felt the earth move from Dubai to the outskirts of Delhi.

Reuters reports the quake struck 34 miles west of Dalbandin at 1:23 a.m. local time on Wednesday. The Pacific Tsunami Center said the onshore quake had not triggered a tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

For scale, the Haiti earthquake in 2010 was 7.0 magnitude and the San Francisco earthquake in 1989 was 7.1 magnitude.

We'll be updating as more reports come in.

BlogPost - Earthquake in Pakistan, with a magnitude of 7.2, felt from Dubai to Delhi

pakearth.gif

pakearth.gif

Isnt this area earthquake prone?When in 2006 earthquake came , was this area impacted as well?
Is this area affected by Taliban

Jana already opened a thread on this; i believe 1 other user made another thread as well

well...there are lots of American troops in that area, i believe!!!

nothing to worry guys.. low level JF-17 thunder went past from Quetta to New Delhi :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom