What's new

Earthquake at Iran-Pakistan border (16 April 2013)

Foo_Fighter

Reaction score
New Delhi: Tremors were reported in Delhi, Gurgaon and other parts of northern India this afternoon after an earthquake of 7.8 magnitude struck the Iran-Pakistan border region.

The fourth floor at NDTV's Archana office in Greater Kailash 1, Delhi, shook repeatedly. Lights in the studio shook for almost a minute.

Mild tremors were reported in Chandigarh, where people said furniture shook for about half a minute.

The quake was reportedly felt in Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan and India; the epicentre was reportedly at the Pakistan-Iran border.

More details are awaited

Earthquake at Iran-Pakistan border, tremors felt in Delhi and parts of northern India | NDTV.com

I wish for all Pakistani and Iranian friends to be safe and sound!!!

Yeah most of us are ok but are mourning our departed brothers and praying for the wounded. Most Karachiites experienced the Earthquake and most of them evacuated immediately. I felt the tremors myself. I was lying on the ground, watching TV when i felt as if someone was hammering on the ground with a sledgehammer. My brother felt it too and we evacuated the house immediately with our family.

oh yes. you can find many on the news channels. luckily, the strength of the earthquake decreased to 5.6 as it reached the more populated areas. it was 7.9 when it hit the pak-iran border.

Back
Top Bottom