What's new

Dubai Traffic Police Gets $550,000 Lamborghini

Syrian Lion

Reaction score
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Dubai traffic police beefed up its fleet of cars with a Lamborghini sports car, which price amounts to some $550,000, Dubai Police’s Deputy Commander Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina said.

According to the senior police official, the car will not be roaring after law breakers and instead will be patrolling fashionable areas of Dubai, particularly the area near the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa skyscraper.

The two-door, two-seater sports car is painted in green and white colors of Dubai police force. It is capable of reaching the speed of 217 mph and going from zero to 62 mph in 2.9 seconds.

180598697.jpg

:police: Citizens of UAE will all want to join Dubai traffic police just to drive that car

Just curious. Do the Emiratis spend money on worthless crap that doesn't help the economy? Or does that only apply to Saudis?

A lot of countries use Lamborghinis as pursuit/patrol cars. Highspeed chases require cops to have faster cars than the people they are chasing.

It's not just Lamborghini, they are upgrading their entire fleet of pursuit/patrol cars with sports cars. I think a Camaro and Charger are also on the cards.

A lot of countries use Lamborghinis as pursuit/patrol cars. Highspeed chases require cops to have faster cars than the people they are chasing.

It's not just Lamborghini, they are upgrading their entire fleet of pursuit/patrol cars with sports cars. I think a Camaro and Charger are also on the cards.
yes, however Dubai is not using Lambos for pursuit..
According to the senior police official, the car will not be roaring after law breakers and instead will be patrolling fashionable areas of Dubai, particularly the area near the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa skyscraper.

I mean there are other luxury cars for cheaper price...

Dubai Police gets Chevrolet Camaro cop car | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

BTW, London Metro police also has a Lambo.

IMO< this is all pomp without any practical use. When was the last time there was a high speed chase in Dubai? Never.

Dubai Police gets Chevrolet Camaro cop car | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

BTW, London Metro police also has a Lambo.

IMO< this is all pomp without any practical use. When was the last time there was a high speed chase in Dubai? Never.

I've seen two. One on Abu Dhabi highway and the other on Al Ain highway. On the one on Al Ain they were chasing a Mini Cooper and the one on Abu Dhabi some bike (don't know my bikes). The bike guy smoked them. The cops didn't have fast enough cars to catch him.

They must reign in on these crazy high speed drivers. People are still casually driving up to 200kph any time I got to Abu Dhabi.

I've seen two. One on Abu Dhabi highway and the other on Al Ain highway. On the one on Al Ain they were chasing a Mini Cooper and the one on Abu Dhabi some bike (don't know my bikes). The bike guy smoked them. The cops didn't have fast enough cars to catch him.

They must reign in on these crazy high speed drivers. People are still casually driving up to 200kph any time I got to Abu Dhabi.

Those high speed chases aren't gonna come in Jumeirah!!! You know how cramped the streets are in Jumeirah and Marina...the Police chief did say that the Lambo will patrol only in Jumeriah and Dubai mall area...or in other words, this is only for show.

A Lambo wouldn't do any fender benders or a pit maneuver...the Chevrolet Camaro would be better for the job.

Nissan Patrols, Prados, BMW's, Lambo, Camaro, Xterra, quite a fleet for the Dubai Police! :D

Dubai traffic police beefed up its fleet of cars with a Lamborghini sports car, which price amounts to some $550,000, Dubai Police&#8217;s Deputy Commander Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina said.

According to the senior police official, the car will not be roaring after law breakers and instead will be patrolling fashionable areas of Dubai, particularly the area near the world&#8217;s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa skyscraper.

The two-door, two-seater sports car is painted in green and white colors of Dubai police force. It is capable of reaching the speed of 217 mph and going from zero to 62 mph in 2.9 seconds.

180598697.jpg

:police: Citizens of UAE will all want to join Dubai traffic police just to drive that car

You mean they would commit more crimes to get in it..:lol:

Some of these bikers really do crazy stuff. I know a bunch of people who go over 200 KM on bikes after covering the plates. One of them got killed last year after running into an australian cyclist, both of them perished. I don't think the sports cars will be any use stopping these people.

Don't think a mini can outrun their existing cars even, the top speed is 205 on the turbo model.

Back
Top Bottom