What's new

Doctors reply to Aamir Khan [Satyamev Jayate]

USA doctors treat 1/10th of patient treated by Indian doctors .... There doctor to patient ratio is far better .... Even if they have 36 hours shift ,they go to doctors duty room to sleep .....after there 36 hours shift they have a day off..... In India they don't even have time to sleep for more then 30mins to one hour .....they don't even have a day off after 24 hours .....most off the nurses job is done by intern or resident doctors ..... Because Indian hospital don't have the required nurses to doctors ratio ....this is real big picture .....which most myopics won't see clearly ....

Recently the nurses of private hospitals/medical colleges in Kerala went on strike demanding better pay saying in addition to their work they are made to do job meant to be done by juniour doctors and are made to work even 7 days a week for as low as Rs 2500 per month. Don't know who to believe then?

USA doctors treat 1/10th of patient treated by Indian doctors .... There doctor to patient ratio is far better .... Even if they have 36 hours shift ,they go to doctors duty room to sleep .....after there 36 hours shift they have a day off..... In India they don't even have time to sleep for more then 30mins to one hour .....they don't even have a day off after 24 hours .....most off the nurses job is done by intern or resident doctors ..... Because Indian hospital don't have the required nurses to doctors ratio ....this is real big picture .....which most myopics won't see clearly ....

What is the overall point buddy....this skewed ratio is true in every single profession in India...

Recently the nurses of private hospitals/medical colleges in Kerala went on strike demanding better pay saying in addition to their work they are made to do job meant to be done by juniour doctors and are made to work even 7 days a week for as low as Rs 2500 per month. Don't know who to believe then?
the job of nurses is to take instructions from doctors(in sense orders) .... Keralitis consitute more then60% of nurses in India (kerala have a lot of nursing schools).....do you think holder of nursing diploma 2.5 years knows how to treat patient ?

the job of nurses is to take instructions from doctors(in sense orders) .... Keralitis consitute more then60% of nurses in India (kerala have a lot of nursing schools).....do you think holder of nursing diploma 2.5 years knows how to treat patient ?
You are really underestimating nurses...b/w role of Junior Doctors....and obviously they cannot simply replace them...however some activities can be handed over to them which are benign in nature..

You are really underestimating nurses...b/w role of Junior Doctors....and obviously they cannot simply replace them...however some activities can be handed over to them which are benign in nature..
I am not underestimating nurses profession ..... They are equally important ....in medicine ,even a medical lab technician is as important ..... nurses are of great help .... They are the bond between doctors and patients .....that's why it's important to have proper nurse to doctor ratio (atleast 3:1) .... otherwise nurses become overburdened .....it's human nature to blame others when they are overloaded with work ....must hospital have nurses in shift (they also get day off after night shift , which most resident doctors dont get)......

Pathetic, ppl begging here like beggers,
1. If you are so greedy of money, why don't you chose Management school???
2. Its like saying, I want to become Saint, But want to Fcuk lady every night. once you are saint, you should follow sainthood.
3. High fee of Medical college, Its all supply and demand, Doctors are ready to pay any cost for their dumb kids, so that they can take over there father's noble profession.
4. If today no one go for medical seat the cost will go down.
5. Don't cry that Engineer get x, y or z money, if a doctor is greedy of money, he must change his profession. O wait, they all ready, they become Dacoits now..

[/QUOTE]

Every profession is a noble profession. may it be management, doctors or engineers. I am an engineer and I used to do my part of helping people during Tsunami and many more. Many engineers used to help with building houses as a charity program. So do doctors in a 100 times better way. Especially during natural calamities. They do a lot of service but doesn't mean they have to do service to every one. Only the needy deserves it and there is always one or the other doctor to be in the position to help. Many of us go to hospitals and require many tests to determine what disease we have. I don't expect doctor to pay that. If some one is charging high its my choice to go to another hospital which charge lesser.

The worst are us Engineers.You talk about nurses being paid low. What the fcuk do you think construction labours are being paid. why dont all shout on that. They are treated the worst. And they are the building blocks for any industry. And you think its the fault of engineers. No way. We don't decide salaries and to be competitive to get a contract even management guys cant do any thing.. but definitely government can say you need to pay a minimum salary and impose it. But oh no.. we are not bothered.. Just blame doctors for taking a decent salary and working 12 to 16 hours a day and getting kicked if one of the patient dies.

Actually BSc nursing is 4 years and for as low as Rs 2500/-, they are made to work day and night without any break in Kerala. They were also reports of the same coming from Chennai, Kolkatta, Mumbai & Delhi.Thats why they went on strike. After their stories of how they were badly treated by their doctors as well as the management hit the news, the sympathy for any strike by the doctors, among the Kerala public went out of the window. There was a TV debate in which a nurse said that the night duty doctor is payed Rs 3000/- on the next morning, while the nurses had to do it for free. Another nurse said how badly she was verbally abused by the doctor on the phone bcs she dared to phone him at night to tell him about a patient's condition. During surgery, the doctor is payed in the thousands but nothing is payed for the nurses assisting him.

So pls ,when doctors whine about their salary as it cannot cover their car EMI, remember that there are people working under neath him who can't even cover the food expenses with the pittance that they get as salary.

People are acting as if only Medicine is a medical profession

If engineers charge insanely it is ok .. But doctors should charge less and live a 2nd class life :lol:

People are acting as if only Medicine is a medical profession

If engineers charge insanely it is ok .. But doctors should charge less and live a 2nd class life :lol:

If doctors want to charge insanely, they should become engineers :D.

Actually BSc nursing is 4 years and for as low as Rs 2500/-, they are made to work day and night without any break in Kerala. They were also reports of the same coming from Chennai, Kolkatta, Mumbai & Delhi.Thats why they went on strike. After their stories of how they were badly treated by their doctors as well as the management hit the news, the sympathy for any strike by the doctors, among the Kerala public went out of the window. There was a TV debate in which a nurse said that the night duty doctor is payed Rs 3000/- on the next morning, while the nurses had to do it for free. Another nurse said how badly she was verbally abused by the doctor on the phone bcs she dared to phone him at night to tell him about a patient's condition. During surgery, the doctor is payed in the thousands but nothing is payed for the nurses assisting him.

So pls ,when doctors whine about their salary as it cannot cover their car EMI, remember that there are people working under neath him who can't even cover the food expenses with the pittance that they get as salary.
most of the nurse hired in India have nursing diploma , if you don't believe , better go to a government hospital and satisfy your curiosity ..... Most BSc nursing prefer to emigrate to foreign countries ......where there is a huge demand ..... And better pay ..... Even USA have separate category of visa for nurses ... And the is the most easy to get visa for .......

most of the nurse hired in India have nursing diploma , if you don't believe , better go to a government hospital and satisfy your curiosity ..... Most BSc nursing prefer to emigrate to foreign countries ......where there is a huge demand ..... And better pay ..... Even USA have separate category of visa for nurses ... And the is the most easy to get visa for .......

Then why they on strike in Kerala?? I 'm confused. Even if the nurses are diploma ones, is it okay to be them paid only Rs 2500/-.

Then why they on strike in Kerala?? I 'm confused. Even if the nurses are diploma ones, is it okay to be them paid only Rs 2500/-.
I really don't ...how much they get paid ..... I Delhi it's around 25k-35k ..... If they are working in nursing school or college .....they get the UGC Scale .....so a nursing tutor might get around 55k .....

I really don't ...how much they get paid ..... I Delhi it's around 25k-35k ..... If they are working in nursing school or college .....they get the UGC Scale .....so a nursing tutor might get around 55k .....

Patients discharged as nurses go on strike

“They were getting salaries according to minimum wages, which is Rs 8,112. We increased it to Rs 10,000. We cannot add more than that,” said Deepak Jain, director (operations) of SLJH.

The Hindu : NATIONAL / NEW DELHI : Nurses call off strike

Keralite injured after car rams into striking nurses in Delhi

If doctors want to charge insanely, they should become engineers :D.

Who are you to say what profession should charge more and what should charge less. I definitely would hire an engineer who works more efficiently and cheaper. Same way a MD/MS will charge more than just mere MBBS.

If you have a problem all medical books are available. No one can stop you from learning and im sure you can convince pharmacist to give you what ever you want. Go start self medication.

Who are you to say what profession should charge more and what should charge less. I definitely would hire an engineer who works more efficiently and cheaper. Same way a MD/MS will charge more than just mere MBBS.

What I am asking is not Rs 34,000 pm not a good salary to start your career with, even after your education is subsidized by the Govt to the tune of 40-45 lakhs.

If you have a problem all medical books are available. No one can stop you from learning and im sure you can convince pharmacist to give you what ever you want. Go start self medication.

With the increasing cost, who knows may be I will.

Back
Top Bottom