What's new

Doctors reply to Aamir Khan [Satyamev Jayate]

I am doing MBBS ..
I know the situation better

I had given nice explanations in previous threads

Till then read what harpoon said
Im talking about AP and have seen my friends go that way.. I agree with the Harpoon's previous post..

Amir's program was about a much bigger issue; the problems with healthcare in India.

The letter writer has so obviously missed the woods for the trees.

Just because it has to do with India it need not have to be in Indian Defence section.

This subject has nothing to do with the Defence of India.

Members club perhaps..

Pathetic, ppl begging here like beggers,
1. If you are so greedy of money, why don't you chose Management school???
2. Its like saying, I want to become Saint, But want to Fcuk lady every night. once you are saint, you should follow sainthood.
3. High fee of Medical college, Its all supply and demand, Doctors are ready to pay any cost for their dumb kids, so that they can take over there father's noble profession.
4. If today no one go for medical seat the cost will go down.
5. Don't cry that Engineer get x, y or z money, if a doctor is greedy of money, he must change his profession. O wait, they all ready, they become Dacoits now..

Pathetic, ppl begging here like beggers,
1. If you are so greedy of money, why don't you chose Management school???
2. Its like saying, I want to become Saint, But want to Fcuk lady every night. once you are saint, you should follow sainthood.
3. High fee of Medical college, Its all supply and demand, Doctors are ready to pay any cost for their dumb kids, so that they can take over there father's noble profession.
4. If today no one go for medical seat the cost will go down.
5. Don't cry that Engineer get x, y or z money, if a doctor is greedy of money, he must change his profession. O wait, they all ready, they become Dacoits now..

Is it a good or bad thing?
. You can decide .... Couldn't you .... Working more than 12hours a day ....less then Rs. 70/hour .....that not all they have to pay fee of Rs45000/year ..... 1year Rural service is compulsory(have to furnish a bond of 25 lakh,if don't do the rural service + 3year pay of residency)..resident doctor in Delhi gets 55k (most state government pay in between 17k-25k).. Just think by yourself ...surgeon working in a community hospital .... Which don't even have proper equipments....

. You can decide .... Couldn't you .... Working more than 12hours a day ....less then Rs. 70/hour .....that not all they have to pay fee of Rs45000/year ..... 1year Rural service is compulsory(have to furnish a bond of 25 lakh,if don't do the rural service + 3year pay of residency)..resident doctor in Delhi gets 55k (most state government pay in between 17k-25k).. Just think by yourself ...surgeon working in a community hospital .... Which don't even have proper equipments....

So whats you are saying that you have to pay 45,000 per year for the MD course, but the Govt will pay you back 25,000 as stipend.

So whats you are saying that you have to pay 45,000 per year for the MD course, but the Govt will pay you back 25,000 as stipend.
. In indian medical education system it's academic course+ residency .....MD/MS student pay 45k as academic fee ...government pay25k for residency .....in some countries you get higher medical qualification just by examination .... Its not combined with your residency.....

Can anyone of you work two 24hours shift per week +12 hours in rest of the days of the week (there are also many abusive patient ,some even with guns) .....this the ground reality .....just like a battle-field for a resident doctor in most of government hospital .....

Can anyone of you work two 24hours shift per week +12 hours in rest of the days of the week (there are also many abusive patient ,some even with guns) .....this the ground reality .....just like a battle-field for a resident doctor in most of government hospital .....

This is the ground reality for many years now. Any profession comes with its own demands. For example a person doesn't join the army expecting to work in an air conditioned office. As for long working hours I think its a global phenomenon. I have never been to US but seen many US medical dramas and films in which residence doctors basically live out of the hospitals and work for 36 hours straight.

[

So how would do you explain Govt doctors doing private practice and extorting money from poor patients for treatment that should be done free of charge.Prescribing expensive medicines after taking commissions from drug companies and getting the patient tested in particular labs, after taking cuts from the lab owners. Clearly thats all Govt's fault ..isn't it?

This is similar to other govt officers asking for bribe to sign a file which is actually their duty....similar to any govt office or staff and have to punished by debarring there degrees....but this does not mean that all the doctors have to live a life only hardship just because they have chosen a noble profession.......if only people who want to do service are allowed to take up this profession there would be like a maximum of 1000 doctors in every state....nothing more.....

besides if you see at the movement most of the high end hospitals are run by corporations/buisness men with MBA's not doctors, go check the price of medicines in their pharmacies...you see MBA's who want money are actually responsible for the continued increase in prices. you guys said if you want to make money do an MBA---- people did that and they are making money by running hospitals- so how would you overcome this ?....make a law that no other person other that doctors can own/run a hospital?not possible....

This is the ground reality for many years now. Any profession comes with its own demands. For example a person doesn't join the army expecting to work in an air conditioned office. As for long working hours I think its a global phenomenon. I have never been to US but seen many US medical dramas and films in which residence doctors basically live out of the hospitals and work for 36 hours straight.

[
USA doctors treat 1/10th of patient treated by Indian doctors .... There doctor to patient ratio is far better .... Even if they have 36 hours shift ,they go to doctors duty room to sleep .....after there 36 hours shift they have a day off..... In India they don't even have time to sleep for more then 30mins to one hour .....they don't even have a day off after 24 hours .....most off the nurses job is done by intern or resident doctors ..... Because Indian hospital don't have the required nurses to doctors ratio ....this is real big picture .....which most myopics won't see clearly ....

This is similar to other govt officers asking for bribe to sign a file which is actually their duty....similar to any govt office or staff and have to punished by debarring there degrees

Their decision does not affect the lives of people directly while in case of doctors it does, so medical profession in unique in this way. Yes, I support harsher measures for all wrongdoers.

....but this does not mean that all the doctors have to live a life only hardship just because they have chosen a noble profession.......if only people who want to do service are allowed to take up this profession there would be like a maximum of 1000 doctors in every state....nothing more.....

I have never seen a starving doctor. In Kerala, an entry level asst.surgeon doctor is paid Rs 34,000 pm , with I believe many benefits by the side. Is it that not a good salary to begin your career with. The problems comes with doctors comparing their salaries with other professions, but they conveniently forget that no other professional education in India is as heavily subsidized as medicine is.

I have seen junior doctors complaining on TV that their pay is equal to what a clerk receives. True, but the clerk will go on receiving that salary while doctor's salary increase many folds during their career and even after retirement they can make money.

besides if you see at the movement most of the high end hospitals are run by corporations/buisness men with MBA's not doctors, go check the price of medicines in their pharmacies...you see MBA's who want money are actually responsible for the continued increase in prices. you guys said if you want to make money do an MBA---- people did that and they are making money by running hospitals- so how would you overcome this ?....make a law that no other person other that doctors can own/run a hospital?not possible....

I was talking about Govt hospitals here.

As for the bolded part, it will be a double edged sword. I have seen hospitals run by non-doctor philanthropists who charge less and doctor-run hospitals who fleece patients.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Members - i think we have missed the pulse of the episode(atleast from the discussion that i see)...The program is not against Doctors making money...it is against the means by which they make money...If i actually have a heart disease and need a surgery and you charge me 10 times what a govt. hospital will charge then it is perfectly fine...However just to milk money you do a heart surgery on me even though i don't need it is the issue...

Back
Top Bottom