What's new

Division of Andhra Pradesh

Vidarbha is next, then Gorkhaland, then division of UP into four states. Jammu should be separate state too, and creating 2 or 3 states out of Rajasthan is not a bad idea either since it is such a large state. Bihar needs to be divided into 2 or 3 states as well. Orissa needs to be divided and Kosal would be created. State reorganisation is a work in progress....

Everything else is ok, NOBODY touches Rajasthan, period!

Just a political stunt by Congress...... they made huge huge mistake... without showing proper Solution for Water, Electricity and Revenue they divided AP and TG very stupidly.....

If two more districts of Kurnool and Anathapur is given to Telangana then I guess it will get more in terms of land as compared with Andhra. To be fair in this whole discourse, I don't think these two districts should be made part of Telangana unless Congress wants to play its dirty politics to win a couple more seats.

this will invite more states for sure.

I think that will be a fair call. Rajasthan, MP, Maharashtra and UP should be broken down into smaller states. These are four big states of India and are doing worst except for the case of large cities like Mumbai etc.

are you sure about the Revenue? and moving seemandhra people out from hyderabad? lol.... what childish attitude is this.... Hyd got this revenue because of Total Andhra Pradesh people... not just TG people.... let me tell you some thing... ok fine Seema andhra people will move out.. they come to New capital... Building New capital other infra will create jobs in Seemandhra.... what ever the revenue come from real estate will be lost... seema andhra people move their investments from Hyd they mull to invest in Seema andhra... Coastal area got lot of land for ports... which can attract more Industrial areas, Except International airport.... what will left in Hyderabad if all seema andhra people move out... don't you see the difference when pongal holidays come? emptied Hyderabad....

I am not saying that mass migration will happen but presenting a worst case scenario. What percentage of people will migrate is doubtful at this time?? It is possible most andhrites will not migrate and just go for pongal. As new job opportunities develop in a new capital some may be tempted to move back.

Ideally I prefer Hyderabad to be union territory because you don't want to kill the growth of a happening city.
The official statistics show that of the Rs 69,146 crore revenue that accrued to the exchequer from its own sources such as Value Added Tax, Rs 36,400 crore is from Hyderabad alone. The revenue from the Andhra region is Rs 16,729 crore, from Rayalaseema, Rs 4,809 crore and Telangana, Rs 11,206 crore.

Telangana with Hyderabad as capital will have total revenue of Rs 47606 crores of which Hyd. contribution comes to 75 % revenue. Rest of Telangana will generate about 25%.

Rest of Andhra including Rayalaseema will have about Rs 22000 crores revenue so, does have some problems and with little bit of help from center can develop one of their tier 2 cities to rival Hyderabad. They have 3 developed ports which could attract industries.

I think that will be a fair call. Rajasthan, MP, Maharashtra and UP should be broken down into smaller states. These are four big states of India and are doing worst except for the case of large cities like Mumbai etc.

Why not mumbai?

Its a huge city and could be made into another state, but linguistic politics wont let that happen. Every 30/40 years, new provinces have to formed and its time for india.

Rajasthan can be divided, but more important is UP. it surely needs a new state or two. it has become somewhat unmanageable.

USA with 350 million people and mostly homogeneous culture and language has around 50 states i think,we with diverse 1.3 billion have 29.so we can get more states i think,but only for better governance.Big states do have reputation as dens of corruption,like what bihar used to be with jharkhand and uttar pradesh is.

I am not saying that mass migration will happen but presenting a worst case scenario. What percentage of people will migrate is doubtful at this time?? It is possible most andhrites will not migrate and just go for pongal. As new job opportunities develop in a new capital some may be tempted to move back.

Ideally I prefer Hyderabad to be union territory because you don't want to kill the growth of a happening city.
The official statistics show that of the Rs 69,146 crore revenue that accrued to the exchequer from its own sources such as Value Added Tax, Rs 36,400 crore is from Hyderabad alone. The revenue from the Andhra region is Rs 16,729 crore, from Rayalaseema, Rs 4,809 crore and Telangana, Rs 11,206 crore.

Telangana with Hyderabad as capital will have total revenue of Rs 47606 crores of which Hyd. contribution comes to 75 % revenue. Rest of Telangana will generate about 25%.

Rest of Andhra including Rayalaseema will have about Rs 22000 crores revenue so, does have some problems and with little bit of help from center can develop one of their tier 2 cities to rival Hyderabad. They have 3 developed ports which could attract industries.

Buddy you should understand that HYD is developed and Revenue is due to three regions... you shouldn't forget... I already mentioned about that... Real estate boom in Hyd is because of SW and related Industries... So people migrate from all three regions... It is known fact most of real estate boom in Hyd is gone... SW companies moving back to Banglore and Chennai... Hyd is almost polluted city.... When Hyd is capital to AP, lakhs of people Come every day to hyderbad for different works and for shopping... that because of Hyd is capital of 5th Largest state... when we get separate capital, this flow will be drastically reduced... whatever business come from this people will be lost... I am not saying All people will migrate immediately but in long run after a decade... Hyd will lost it's glow... it earns revenue because it is capital of 5th largest state.... We got major cities which can be developed on par with Hyd... like Vijayawada-Guntur area... which is almost connected with every major city in country by Rail-Road... with air port and nearest sea port machilipatnam.. and Vizag with Airport and Biggest sea port...

Creation of new state is not going to solve the issue...this is nothing more then a political stunt... We have seen what happened at Jharkhand ... Again we are in process of creating new Madhu Kora.

TG people are pissed too, they wanted a clear answer on Hyderabad, and what they got is far from clear. Bit of a catch 22 for Congress:lol:

It is not fair for Hyderabadi to suffer for the sake of TG state. 10 years is ample time for things to settle down. If people stop investing in Hyderabad then it is TG which will bear the brunt for being haste.

UP deserves to be divided into at least states because its huge and over populated and the illiterate rulers of UP are not qualified to rule so many.

I'm saying dividing UP would be a gamble. The new states can prosper but can also be doomed like jharkhand. Moreover the leaders of purvanchal and bundelkhand are worse of the worst. Only Harit Pradesh and Awadh would be viable.

come on mate, its for the best.. andhra guys can develop vizag as capital, telengana will develop faster .
dont know about seema people... they will kill each other like they usually do.. :lol:

Vizag as capital will do wonders to east coastal India. Bangalore, Chennai, Vizag, Bhubaneshwer, Kolkata, these are very well connected and this region will see substantial growth. Just add Mumbai to the west. This will become a corrider of its own.

Vizag should be capital of Seemandhra and Hyderabad should be capital of Telangana.

Don't be silly my friend..... Vizag is far far away from other places.... almost at boarder... if people from Rayalaseema want to go Vizag, it will take almost one day for them.... Available land for the capital is nill in Vizag...

Back
Top Bottom