What's new

Division of Andhra Pradesh

If Andra people want this then let it be
After all they are not calling for breaking of from the Republic

Telangana state likely to be announced tomorrow by CWC - Firstpost

Congress is out to divide Andhra Pradesh - @ Indian members, what are the implications of this move?

Implications ???

- it was a long due demand from the some parts of the state. Should have done that few years ago
- if the unbaised division took place then that would be good for governance and both states.
- But some how division aims at satisfying both parties in the election year it might not go well with GOI

I am not from AP but I am look forward to hear from any AP member here , why state govt is so against division when the said demand is from many years and people actaully cause alot of damage during "Bands".

The demand for Telangana was not a recent one. Was there decades ago. But gained lot attention with the death of YSR(well known CM) and rise of TRS(Telangana Rashtra samithi) party. People of Andhra and Seema (other two parts of AP) are opposing mainly due to the fear of loosing Hyderabad. Also water distribution is an issue. There is no convincing reason from Seema and Andhra for opposing division as the Telangana are arguing for division. Considering open discrimination on Telangana in many issues (budget allocation, water distribution, under development), most of Telangana are not ready to stay together. Eventually division is a must, but the future of Hyderabad is not clear. There are arguments that it will be Union territory(which stops further development of Hyderabad). The best option would be keeping it as mutual capital for 5 years, until Andhra and seema develop another capital of their own.

The main issue is people of Telangana wants division and people of Andhra and Seema do not want division.

Implications ???

- it was a long due demand from the some parts of the state. Should have done that few years ago
- if the unbaised division took place then that would be good for governance and both states.
- But some how division aims at satisfying both parties in the election year it might not go well with GOI

I am not from AP but I am look forward to hear from any AP member here , why state govt is so against division when the said demand is from many years and people actually cause a lot of damage during "Bands".

There are many reasons why people in Telangana want it and people in other parts of state oppose it.
First reason is water, The catchment area of Krishna and Godavari is around 79% in Telangana, but telangana gets only 19% of the water. In a separate state, The water share in Andhra is going to decrease, The people there definitely don't want to lose the water they are getting.

Second reason is Hyderabad. The revenue out of Hyderabad and its surrounding areas is around 45% of the state's revenue. Telangana people say that, Hyderabad is the heart of the area since the nizam days. Andhra people say that we have developed Hyderabad and we won't part away with it. (The revenue from remaining areas of telangana is 16% and not even that amount is used in the development of the area)

Third and important reason for the opposition of Telangana in other areas, The politicians from seemandhra have huge financial interests in and around Hyderabad(Factories, Lands in the name of Binami) and the fact that they wont have any say in the dealings and contracts in Hyderabad.

I would add a personal experience of my father in this matter: According to a G.O issued by Govt of AP, Only people from Telangana should be allowed to take up posts in the area, There was a post of vigilance officer available in Hyderabad Metro water supply & sewage board so my dad went and applied for the post and was the only eligible person who applied for the post but a person from seemandhra was given the post by the MD of HMWS (who himself was from seemandhra). If such kind of partiality is shown by them. why would we want to be part of a unified state.

There are many reasons why people in Telangana want it and people in other parts of state oppose it.
First reason is water, The catchment area of Krishna and Godavari is around 79% in Telangana, but telangana gets only 19% of the water. In a separate state, The water share in Andhra is going to decrease, The people there definitely don't want to lose the water they are getting.

Second reason is Hyderabad. The revenue out of Hyderabad and its surrounding areas is around 45% of the state's revenue. Telangana people say that, Hyderabad is the heart of the area since the nizam days. Andhra people say that we have developed Hyderabad and we won't part away with it. (The revenue from remaining areas of telangana is 16% and not even that amount is used in the development of the area)

Third and important reason for the opposition of Telangana in other areas, The politicians from seemandhra have huge financial interests in and around Hyderabad(Factories, Lands in the name of Binami) and the fact that they wont have any say in the dealings and contracts in Hyderabad.

I would add a personal experience of my father in this matter: According to a G.O issued by Govt of AP, Only people from Telangana should be allowed to take up posts in the area, There was a post of vigilance officer available in Hyderabad Metro water supply & sewage board so my dad went and applied for the post and was the only eligible person who applied for the post but a person from seemandhra was given the post by the MD of HMWS (who himself was from seemandhra). If such kind of partiality is shown by them. why would we want to be part of a unified state.

Well if all that you write is true then there should be and would a state of Telangana.
I was aware of the water issue but didnt know the rest you write.

Actaully even in single state you cant disallow a person from getting a particular job. You father should have gone to court.

And even in seprate state you cant disallow the people you lived in particular area. All state govt can do is put residential conditions.

formation of telangana could be safe den to naxals operations and this region is very adjacent to chatisgradh border.. it will draw unnecessary attention to many separate state hood demands in India

220px-Proposed_states_and_territories_of_India.png

there is an advantage and a disadvantage
advantage is smaller states would mean better and easier governance
the disadvantage is, this will help congress in state and 2014 elections in AP

Implications ???

As in, I heard there would be communal tensions because of this as there would be a change in demography - I need more insight on this - any Andhra members can shed some light on this?

i am from Andhra pradesh itself.. ask me any clarifications if you guys needed...

If Andra people want this then let it be
After all they are not calling for breaking of from the Republic

Protests have begun opposing the move, so its not like all are in favor.

Supporters of united Andhra intensify protest against bifurcation of state

i am from Andhra pradesh itself.. ask me any clarifications if you guys needed...

So, how do you see this move? and does it bring in any communal tensions because of the division?

I am born in Ralayaseema studied in Andhra until masters... there is problem with the political goons.... I support Telangana moment in different manner, but not in this way... +ve's with separate states... get individual package for development.. and the real estate in Andhra side will touch skies while the Hyderabad surrounding fall to the grounds.... -ve's what ever important that AP has with 42 MP's will be lost.... Telangana problem is a bit more complicated... will give you guys complete details...

Not rayalaseema , but andhra and rayalaseema combined. Vijayawada and Vishakapatnam are next two developed cities. I heard that Guntur can also be one considering its size and location. Dont be surprised if there are strikes again on this issue of new capital.

Back
Top Bottom