What's new

Disturbing Images Emerge as New China Clashes with Old China : Dog Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of strange animals that we humans eat, a friend of my who grew up in Africa told me of his experience eating strange food.

one day his village was running wild with camels that were just running around unattended. The story goes that a bunch of arab traders came from the north, but they got it trouble with the local police somehow and their livestock were just running wil. so the villagers butchered the camels and ate them. he told me it tasted good.

of course the more exotic story he told me was that they would find these certain type of termites and they would roast them on fire. then the termites pop up like pop corn, and they give this to children as snack.

in korea we eat silk worm larvae. not so much now, but my parents generation ate this a lot. i assume the chinese also eat silk worm larvae in the countryside. although the city people in shanghai or beijing probably dont know much about stuff like that.

in japan they eat hornet larvae and they are especially prized. French eat ciccada larvae claiming it tastes like lobster.

of course i. the early days, lobsters were seen as disgusting food for poor people. but today it is expensive food for the rich...

how times change...

in India, cows were seen as noble animals and didnt eat them. But in Korea people generally didnt eat cows, because they were expensive valuable animals. The japanese took it even further and made beef consumption illegal to protect farming interest...

but i digress from china bashing, which is the point of this thread. im sorry.

The above situation is extremely uncommon. Eating dog meat by itself is already uncommon, let alone the practice above. In fact, the eating of Dog meat is soon to be banned in China.

China to jail people for up to 15 days who eat dog - China Daily

Now let's see if Indians will stop cutting open small children and offering their livers to their Gods.

From the same source:

Indian girl, 7, murdered and has liver cut out in sacrifice to the gods | Mail Online
mate, we agree that we have some ill practices because of lack of litracy in the villages and a lot of superstetious belief.
But the extreem of offering human sacrifce are rarest of the race occation and are given capital punishment under INDIAN PENAL CODE 302.

i myself as a dog lover will not agree on eating dogs, but i don't have problem with people who eat it, as its their taste and thier choice either by culture or by interest.

for me and countless others Dogs are mans best companion, we in INDIA eat sheep, chicken, goat, rabit, pork etc because they do not socialize with man on the other and dogs are always loyal to its master and we feel like killing a friend when we see dogs being killed..

this is a defence/political forum; not a forum for this kind of discussions

chinese traditionally eat most things...
I myself been to traditional chinese meat markets and seen turtles kitten dogs frogs being sold...
Its their culture,their choice,lets deal with it...

what is the utility and benefit of this thread on PDF

so many other things to discuss, why this? indians here get angry when Pakistanis or others poke at their dietary habits (which incidentally, is not allowed here)

no need for such threads, in my opinion

Nobody poked fun at their dietary habits. A question was asked whether this practice is on the wane or on the rise and in the civilized world this would be frowned upon.

If the world was left to animal right extremidts,we would all be leaf eaters...
Thankfully its not like that.

Dear Why u avoid Photo ??:coffee:

I avoided the photos because the images are disturbing. I request you to take them off. If someone wants to see the photos they can go visit the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom