What's new

Dhruv helicopter crash-lands while rehearsing for air show

i was not pulling toooo hard :bunny: ... we are atleast developing.... Even F-22 raptor has had4 crashes, does that make it useless? F-22 is still one the fighter best Aircraft known to man.

naw bro. dont worry everything i say is a joke or seriousness

Yes, such crash landing is certainly a set back on the heels of ongoing Vayu Shakti exercise, but as usual court of Inquiry has been ordered and accordingly I hope cause of error will be find out.

it would be wise for indian to ground all those choppers, since the problem seems to be recurring.

A friend of mine in Turkiye says that the only 2 dhruv's (on lease & under trial for air-evac role) are no longer in use after the incident involving Dhruv crashing in Ecquador

what's going on?

it would be wise for indian to ground all those choppers, since the problem seems to be recurring.

A friend of mine in Turkiye says that the only 2 dhruv's (on lease & under trial for air-evac role) are no longer in use after the incident involving Dhruv crashing in Ecquador

what's going on?

Thanks for the update.

Well...... Try making one by yourself then point your fingers at others, when you yourself dont have the capacity to build any aircraft all by yourself. :rofl: ... no hard feelings

Yup we cant make a jet as its in testing and its called LCA tejas.
We have been developing it since 4 decades and still no fruit?
About ur copter Growler explained its specifics like french engine,israeli mission computer and russian design or was it european?
Ask growler.
No hard feeling.....be like arjunk:tup:

most likely.....ISI :lol::lol::lol:

:rofl:

Sir,

Dhruv is a very young but long term investment and we are proud to develop such bird at home. HAL is learning and will be able to improve very fast.

Many parts are built by local private companies and there are minor problems related to quality control.

Interestingly one of my known in army was telling me last year that IA is not flying Dhruv but ploughing druv :azn: if a col has to go for 'LU' he will prefer to go by Flying Dhrv.:lol::police::lol:

Regards.

fair enough....it's better to build on your own than to buy from outside.....

but it's obvious that these are not air-worthy aircrafts. The same problem has been recurring. Human cost is worth more than the aircraft, how much more uncertainty-avoidance will the indians resort to?

glad for india's sake that the pilots were unharmed

Dhruv may have crashed but it is not at all taken as a failure as its normal for a helicopter to crash in its use accidentally.

it isn't "normal" for helicopters to crash. It is normal for them to stay in the air, and land smoothly.

'Abnormalities' do, unfortunately, take place. HAL's recent incident comes quite untimely, as dhruv is a relatively new platform and india is spending a lot on trying to market and export the machine

the incident in Ecuador sure didn't help i would imagine....

Dhruv crash news-HAL rushes team to Ecuador to ward off Dhruv export setback

fair enough....it's better to build on your own than to buy from outside.....

but it's obvious that these are not air-worthy aircrafts. The same problem has been recurring. Human cost is worth more than the aircraft, how much more uncertainty-avoidance will the indians resort to?

glad for india's sake that the pilots were unharmed

Guess last year couple of helicopters crashed in Pakistan too, I have also seen helicopters made by USA (the best ones) also crashed last year.
This makes me believe that helicopters are risky items can crash.
Now that does not mean I am defending HAL/Dhruv, but fact of the matter is in one day we will not become world class producers and that does not mean we should not try to make something.

What should be done is figure out cause and improve on it. We are atleast 50 years behind developed nations keep that in mind when asking this question.

Back
Top Bottom