What's new

Dhaka proposes Delhi use of non-lethal weapons for border guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grow up and debate properly....

Try to applaud a good proposal which encourages less casualties....remember the "b&*****s" you killed contains a large proportion of innocent people too....dudh ka dhula huya nahi hain tumhara BSF....

Killing is never the answer....argue about the topic's good/bad sides and dont act uncivilized....

Please told your innocent people not to cross " No Mans Land " because any innocent never want to cross no mans land border..... but terrorist, smugglers and other criminals did.

People came inside No Mans Land because they want to cross border illegally nothing else :hitwall:

^^
If your good proposal means more illegal migrants in India then I reject your proposal downright.

Had I been an illegal migrant then I would have certainly applauded that.

Mr. keeda,

The problem with you is you dont digg deeper to understand the matter....as i said,a large proportion of killings contain innocent civilians,dont be naive to disagree, you know that well too....the proposal was made to reduce the civilian killings....and try not be biased when you comment, all you are trying to do here is justify the killings without any point....

And as u said...."IF"....then i suggest you wait and see before jumping into any conclusion....

Mr. keeda,

The problem with you is you dont digg deeper to understand the matter....as i said,a large proportion of killings contain innocent civilians,dont be naive to disagree, you know that well too....the proposal was made to reduce the civilian killings....and try not be biased when you comment, all you are trying to do here is justify the killings without any point....

And as u said...."IF"....then i suggest you wait and see before jumping into any conclusion....

I have to agree with you BD4,

If the end objective is to reduce smuggling AND deaths, its a great intent and we must support it. Nowever is there any mention that India is required to give up its right of self defence. However there will operational issues and they need to be addressed.

We are discussing a solution, guys stop bringing in the problem... if you know what i mean...

Please told your innocent people not to cross " No Mans Land " because any innocent never want to cross no mans land border..... but terrorist, smugglers and other criminals did.

People came inside No Mans Land because they want to cross border illegally nothing else :hitwall:

Do i have to remind you that your BSF also walks into the no man's land...? Did we consider them smugglers/terrorists and shoot them...?

Btw, welcome to the forum & enjoy your stay....

And I guess you would take the same approach if thousands of Indians were illegally entering Dhaka from "impoverished" India ?

Dude, if we ever did that....it would have been a "tit 4 tat"....

And let me mark your words....you said "thousands of indians" and not smugglers....

Now you see why BDR never shoots....?

Do i have to remind you that your BSF also walks into the no man's land...? Did we consider them smugglers/terrorists and shoot them...?

Btw, welcome to the forum & enjoy your stay....

I still do not understand, why you have reservations about fencing the border??

I still do not understand, why you have reservations about fencing the border??

Dude, lets be realistic...shall we?

India hasnt yet managed to complete the fencing around all the border with Bangladesh....which they have started a long back....there were border-crossings, killings, push-in & push-backs....but the work is still pending....why you know? May be its simply not possible to complete this huge work....its not a psp game you finish within an hour.....fencing takes time, money and off course consistency....

So its a quick solution that has been proposed so that casualties reduce while both government, while implementing this, can plan for a long term solution....

Cheers!!!

Instead of protecting Bangladeshi citizens from brutal and illegal indian killing, Awami regime is accepting indian killing and selling our independence to india. Yet want to be indian dalals thinks this is an achivement of awami regime. But its funny indians do not accept half hearted dalal, looking for only complete submissive one. But negotiation on indian dalali price continues

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Night-time movement in border areas restricted
Govt takes decision to avert killings by BSF

Mustafizur Rahman

The government on Sunday imposed restrictions on night-time movement of people in the border areas to avert killing of Bangladeshis by the Indian Border Security Force.

The home affairs ministry at an inter-ministry meeting on border affairs issued the directives to the local administrations and the Bangladesh Rifles against the backdrop of rising incidents of killing by Indian border guards and drugs smuggling.

The BSF has reportedly killed over 900 Bangladeshis in the past decade and most of the shootings usually take place in the dark of night.

Home minister Sahara Khatun, who presided over the meeting at the secretariat, said that the authorities concerned had been ordered to take necessary steps to restrict the night-time movement of people in the border areas which would also help check cross-border smuggling.

‘Both BDR and the deputy commissioners of the districts concerned have been directed to restrict night-time movement in the border areas to avert killings by BSF,’ Sahara Khatun told reporters after the meeting.

She said that the local administrations had also been asked to form committees taking representatives from local communities to motivate people so that they did not move along the borders at night.

The Indian border force, according to a report of rights organisation Odhikar, killed a total of 910 Bangladeshis between January 2000 and April 2010.

In a latest incident, the BSF shot dead two Bangladeshis and injured three others on Ratnai border in Baliadangi upazila of Thakurgaon on Friday. The killing continues despite repeated assurances from India that such incidents would not take place in future.

Sahara said Dhaka would further ask Delhi to stop killing of Bangladeshis by BSF along the borders ‘which takes place time and again.’

The minister said that the Indian government had earlier restricted night-time movement on the other side of the borders and the incidents of casualties, as a result, had come down in their territory from cross-border firing.

The home minister said that the inter-ministry meeting was a follow-up to prime minister Sheikh Hasina’s visit to New Delhi in January when the heads of the two governments agreed to settle the border issues between the two neighbours in the light of the Indira-Mujib agreement of 1974.

In response to a query, home secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder said that the deputy commissioners in the bordering districts would take steps in a day or two to announce through loudhailers that people’s movement had been restricted in the border areas at night time.

If anyone comes out in the restricted areas at night time, they will do so at their own risk, the secretary warned.

He said India had violated the boundary agreement and trespassed into 150 yards from the zero point in erecting barbed-wire fences at least at 46 points.

‘A joint survey has already detected that India has trespassed at 12 points in constructing barbed wire on the borders. No country can construct structures inside 150 yards from the zero point,’ the secretary told New Age adding that the authorities of both the countries were now working jointly to resolve the border issues, including those related to enclaves and adverse lands.

Bangladesh shares over 4,000 kilometres of borders with India.
The meeting also decided to ask India through diplomatic channels for taking steps to remove phensidyl (codeine syrup) factories from near the borders.

‘We have located phensidyl factories on the other side of the border. We will ask the Indian authorities to remove the factories to curb smuggling of the codeine syrup which is spoiling our youths,’ the home minister said.

State minister Shamsul Haque Tuku, BDR director general and officials from the foreign and land ministries, among others, attended the meeting.

Front Page

Dude, lets be realistic...shall we?

India hasnt yet managed to complete the fencing around all the border with Bangladesh....which they have started a long back....there were border-crossings, killings, push-in & push-backs....but the work is still pending....why you know? May be its simply not possible to complete this huge work....its not a psp game you finish within an hour.....fencing takes time, money and off course consistency....

So its a quick solution that has been proposed so that casualties reduce while both government, while implementing this, can plan for a long term solution....

Cheers!!!

Its matter of Time , we will finish it ,just as we did on our western border...which non lethal weapon do you recommend, we use?

Any international border cannot be policed by non-lethal weapons. The proposal shows only the naivity of BD govt. On one hand BDR Chief proclaims warning to BSF and on the other hand the GoB is requesting non-lethal border guards. GoB ministers are fun loving, I think. What a fantastic proposal they have placed with the Delhi govt. Delhi may be laughing at these cow-eating stupid ignorants.

So what they smuggle BTW??? COWS? right or other than that any other rare commodity ?

Any international border cannot be policed by non-lethal weapons. The proposal shows only the naivity of BD govt. On one hand BDR Chief proclaims warning to BSF and on the other hand the GoB is requesting non-lethal border guards. GoB ministers are fun loving, I think. What a fantastic proposal they have placed with the Delhi govt. Delhi may be laughing at these cow-eating stupid ignorants.

Sub Saharan Africa has a no deadly use of force approach on illegal immigrants. They are arrested and returned to their countries. The patrolling border forces carry sidearms and I think that is what your government is proposing. Those arms are only used in the event that the border guards come under attack.

On a side note , we usually laugh at all "cow - eating stupid ignorants" internationally so please don't take it personally. :cheers:

The GoB should take some serious steps and just allow BDR to shoot BSF thugs every time they take aim at innocent Bangladeshis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom