What's new

Delhiwala: Which Pak city is cooler – Lahore or Karachi

Karachi had mustafa kamal, lahore has Taseer.

Now thats Mean, from when Taseer started to represent Lahore.
You have Mustafa Kamal we have Miyan Amir Mehmood.

Anyway, if you say Salman Taseer even then lahore Roxxx!!! :tup:
He aint lesser than a James Bond.

Salman_Taseer.JPG

From my point of view , i think Islamabad is the best looking city , with by far the best hotels and roads , i think that is coz of the diplomatic presence in the city .
By the way , dont find anything artificial about the city as someone just said ,having stayed there for quite sometime ,i will say that it has its own charm

The reason why its better than the other cities is becoz it is the capital of Pakistan and wether u like it or not each and every country want its capital to be best looking as possible

However Karachi is the financial hub of Pakistan which contributes 25 % to GDP
and lahore is for those who want to see the real diversity of pakistan

LAHORE LAHORE HAI LEKIN KARACHI USKAA SHAAUR HAI!!

:rofl:

no but honestly having been to Islamabad & Kuala Lumpur! i realized that Islamabad is very very beautiful and very laid back relaxed & extremely beautiful!

& WHEN YOU GO TO QUETTA you find amazing moutains beautiful flowing rivers! or you go to GAWADAR and see shores unlike any in the world!!!

I LOVE MY PAKISTAN! :pakistan::pakistan:

I agree that Rawalpindi does not look good when one travels between the two cities. Nevertheless Rawalpindi is a natural city compared to Islamabad which look artificial. You should visit Karachi instead of making second hand comments.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz
so u mean cleanliness is artificial and dirtiness is natural?
damn that so stupid excuse.i guess u addicted to dirty places hehehe
and for ur kind info Isloo is all abt natural beauty.
and still if u say abt building of city so pindi dsnt fly from sky it also made by ppl with less planning and development compare to Isloo so if u think Isloo is artificial than every city in world is artificial even mohenjodero .grown up kido

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz
so u mean cleanliness is artificial and dirtiness is natural?
damn that so stupid excuse.

I have not been to Islamabad/Rawalpindi in 15 years so I can only comment from my experience at that time. Rawalpindi is natural in the sense that you have people in old bazaars like Raja Bazaar and other areas. Rawalpindi has its old world charm. May be you should travel in small cities and towns of Pakistan than compare them to Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Islamabad is clean and organized so it looks out of place in Pakistan. The personal insults does not bother since it shows your own immaturity.

I have not been to Islamabad/Rawalpindi in 15 years so I can only comment from my experience at that time. Rawalpindi is natural in the sense that you have people in old bazaars like Raja Bazaar and other areas. Rawalpindi has its old world charm. May be you should travel in small cities and towns of Pakistan than compare them to Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Islamabad is clean and organized so it looks out of place in Pakistan. The personal insults does not bother since it shows your own immaturity.

dude i dnt even bother abt ur personal attack yes i am young with fresh attitude and yes v young generation want to see Pakistan fresh n clean with respecting our heritage.i seen many small town (countless).the bazaar u mention is not kept like anarkali bazaar. its vary dirty and for those ppl who say Isloo dnt have warm places they shd visit and see for there self and also clean city like "Isloo looks out of place in Pakistan"? lolz wat i say if someone cant see clean area as Pakistan.no matter wat ppl say i love my country and not only my nationality but my ideology is Pakistani too.

Last edited:
whole pakistan is full of life u cannot pick one city especially between the 2 joints of pakistan lahore n karachi both r soo cool in their own ways but karachi have MQM which makes it look soo dirty i love the city but i hate MQM like no other cuz of their very unique way of killing ppl n then to make ppl think they have nothing to do with it ...

Lahore is the city of life u have so much to do their no u will not find lahori man hating on any other city of pakistan cuz they r so much in love with lahore so they don't feel a need for such dirty things i challege any1 u cannot get bored if u visit lahore 1 time or the 100 times they don't just say it Jis nay Lahore nahee dekha, woh paida hee nahee hua n i 2nd that from the core of my heart:cheers::D

As someone who has his whole family in Karachi, but lived in Islamabad growing up, & visited Karachi almost twice a year during those times; I would say Karachi is a huge, bustling, flashier, glamorous, trendy city. I think many people would prefer Karachi to Islamabad and Lahore, but I personally fancy Islamabad over every city. There is a lot of active social life in Islamabad once you get to know a lot of people. It's close to the northern areas, Lahore is less than 4 hours away from it.

Karachi in my opinion is not meant for everyone, it is the survival of the fittest: life is too fast there, & there is a greater disparity of wealth there as compared to Islamabad and Lahore. Mustafa Kamal has done wonders with Karachi, made it an extremely pleasant city with great roads and infrastructure, but personally, its not a city for me; its too crazy. I can take things in Islamabad at my own pace, its big enough to have a great social life (once you get to know the people there), and small enough to think the whole city is like 'your home, your family.' Lahore is a beautiful city stooped in history and its Punjabi culture, again, it has great infrastructure, it has a great social life, and is similar to Karachi; except that it is more historical, but a bit less cosmopolitan than Karachi. But it is also less chaotic than Karachi. It is in between Karachi and Islamabad in terms of social life (a bit less social than Karachi & a lot more than Islamabad), infrastructure wise is very good & similar to Karachi; although Islamabad is always the best in this regard.

I love all these three cities, as well as the other cities of Pakistan. All of them give you a different flavor, have a different character. All of them are developing extremely rapidly, with their expanding infrastructure, yet maintaining their historical ties. I believe it all comes down to personal taste and what you want, because you will get a different flavor where ever you go in Pakistan, it is stooped in diversity and culture.

if only quetta develops, i would love quetta then any other city, my god, quett is such a beauty, i dunno why people dont think about the hidden real beauties of balochistan!!, i love big mountains, its so magical place

As someone who has his whole family in Karachi, but lived in Islamabad growing up, & visited Karachi almost twice a year during those times; I would say Karachi is a huge, bustling, flashier, glamorous, trendy city. I think many people would prefer Karachi to Islamabad and Lahore, but I personally fancy Islamabad over every city. There is a lot of active social life in Islamabad once you get to know a lot of people. It's close to the northern areas, Lahore is less than 4 hours away from it.

Karachi in my opinion is not meant for everyone, it is the survival of the fittest: life is too fast there, & there is a greater disparity of wealth there as compared to Islamabad and Lahore. Mustafa Kamal has done wonders with Karachi, made it an extremely pleasant city with great roads and infrastructure, but personally, its not a city for me; its too crazy. I can take things in Islamabad at my own pace, its big enough to have a great social life (once you get to know the people there), and small enough to think the whole city is like 'your home, your family.' Lahore is a beautiful city stooped in history and its Punjabi culture, again, it has great infrastructure, it has a great social life, and is similar to Karachi; except that it is more historical, but a bit less cosmopolitan than Karachi. But it is also less chaotic than Karachi. It is in between Karachi and Islamabad in terms of social life (a bit less social than Karachi & a lot more than Islamabad), infrastructure wise is very good & similar to Karachi; although Islamabad is always the best in this regard.

I love all these three cities, as well as the other cities of Pakistan. All of them give you a different flavor, have a different character. All of them are developing extremely rapidly, with their expanding infrastructure, yet maintaining their historical ties. I believe it all comes down to personal taste and what you want, because you will get a different flavor where ever you go in Pakistan, it is stooped in diversity and culture.

islamabad and lahore r the cities which dorment at late night like 10 o clock, but karachi never ever sleeps, nuf to give u goose bumps eh :D

islamabad and lahore r the cities which dorment at late night like 10 o clock, but karachi never ever sleeps, nuf to give u goose bumps eh

That was a joke made by non-Islamabadies in the 1990's, that Islamabad sleeps at 9pm, after watching the scheduled PTV drama from 8-9 :). Now thankfully, places don't close at 9 or 10 in Islamabad; but more like 12 to 1. Which is a very pleasant change in my opinion lol, although that is not comparable to Karachi, a city that never sleeps. Lahore's night life is very active as well, much more than Islamabad, not as much as Karachi.

Karachi represents every shade of Pakistan, in terms of its cosmopolitan nature, diversity, ethnicities. You see many different Karachis: the upper class Karachi (Clifton, Defence, KDA), the middle class Karachi (Gulistan-e-Jauhar, North Nazimabad, Federal B Area and most other areas), the lower class Karachi (Malir, Lyari). These are almost like different cities, many different Karachis, but they are all charming in their own way. In fact, a lot of Karachiites refer to the rich Karachiites as 'from the other side of the Kaala Pull'. Islamabad and Lahore are much more 'homogeneous' cities, with a fairer distribution of wealth; but not as glamorous as the bustling parts of Karachi. You can find both the richest and poorest man of Pakistan in Karachi.

My guess is that karachi will find more cool to Indians as its more vibrant and cultural.

My guess is that karachi will find more cool to Indians as its more vibrant and cultural.

Yes. Karachi is similar to Bombay and Delhi. It has the cosmopolitan nature of Bombay as well as its glamor, and it has the class driven society like Delhi. Karachi looks and feels like a typical Indian city as well, and it is stooped with Urdu speaking/Mohajir culture, such as Mushaira and Indian style weddings. All ethnicities of Pakistan are present in Karachi, and this includes Balochis, Pashtuns, Kashmiris as well. Karachi is the economic hub of Pakistan, the sea port city like Bombay. Karachi generates a lot of revenue, just like Bombay.

What is interesting about Karachi is that you find a lot of Bengalis as well. You also find Muslim Indian women married to Pakistani guys, mostly hailing from the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh and Hyderabad. You also find a large number of Gujaratis in Pakistan as well, a large number of Hindus, and other groups such as Pakistani Jatts and Rajputs (who had their heritage from present day Haryana and Rajasthan), as well as Punjabis in that city.

I don't mean to offend anyone here though, but it is my personal observation when I visited Bombay 4 years ago that it has an even bigger divide of the classes as compared to Karachi. While the rich of Bombay is even more glamorous than Karachi, the poor of Bombay (who are much larger in number than the poor in Karachi) live in much worse conditions than the poor in Karachi. The poor areas of Karachi are not comparable to the poor areas of Mumbai such as Bhendi Bazar, Null Bazar, Mahim, Shivaji Park, Govandi, Parel, Lal Baug
and Behrampara etc.

Yes. Karachi is similar to Bombay and Delhi. It has the cosmopolitan nature of Bombay as well as its glamor, and it has the class driven society like Delhi. Karachi looks and feels like a typical Indian city as well, and it is stooped with Urdu speaking/Mohajir culture, such as Mushaira and Indian style weddings. All ethnicities of Pakistan are present in Karachi, and this includes Balochis, Pashtuns, Kashmiris as well. Karachi is the economic hub of Pakistan, the sea port city like Bombay. Karachi generates a lot of revenue, just like Bombay.

What is interesting about Karachi is that you find a lot of Bengalis as well. You also find Muslim Indian women married to Pakistani guys, mostly hailing from the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh and Hyderabad. You also find a large number of Gujaratis in Pakistan as well, and other groups such as Pakistani Jatts and Rajputs (who had their heritage from present day Haryana and Rajasthan), and Punjabis in that city.

I don't mean to offend anyone here though, but it is my personal observation when I visited Bombay 4 years ago that it has an even bigger divide of the classes as compared to Karachi. While the rich of Bombay is even more glamorous than Karachi, the poor of Bombay (who are much larger in number than the poor in Karachi) live in much worse conditions than the poor in Karachi. The poor areas of Karachi are not comparable to the poor areas of Mumbai such as Bhendi Bazar, Null Bazar, Mahim, Shivaji Park, Govandi, Parel, Lal Baug
and Behrampara etc.

Also the food factor is always there.. One of the best eateries you will ever find are in Karachi... Not to forget the beaches and the music scene..

Atmi Bhaiyya,

Yeh kiya baat huwie.. Ab Hum Karachi waley Indian hou gay ? Agar kisie ka rang thora sanwala hou then he/she is Indian? Baat kuch jamie nahin.. Aaj in larkiyoun ko Indian bola, Kal kou aap loug bolo gayey kai Altaf Hussain is Indian too.. Doesn't mean if we migrated from India and look like Indians.. then we are Indian.. hum utnai hie Pakistani hain jitnai kai aap loug... aur yeh Karachi kie larkiyan bhi!!

chal yaar paka mat!!!

na ham ko kabhi wapas india jana hai aur na kabhi yaad aati hai

Allah bachaye aisi yaad se!!

i wish Mustufa Kamal 1 dafa phir ayen

all MQM haters - haters make MQM famous :P Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom