What's new

Delhi International Airport second best in world

EastWest

BANNED
Reaction score
IGI second best in world

New Delhi: Delhi's IGI airport has been ranked the second-best airport in the world for 2011 by the Airports Council International. The airport scored this distinction in the category of airports with 25-40 million passengers per annum. Last year, it had been ranked fourth in the same category.:cheers::cheers:

The airport scored 4.72 of a possible 5 in the airport service quality index, coming 6th in the overall airport ranking for 2011. This is a massive jump for the airport which, before privatization in 2007, had scored 3.02 on the ASQ and did not manage a rank in the top 100.

Delhi International Airport (P) Ltd (DIAL) commended the efforts of agencies such as customs, immigration, CISF, airlines, concessionaires, housekeeping and other support staff for contributing to the image make-over for the airport.

DIAL's CEO I Prabhakara Rao said: "IGIA has come a long way in the last five years since we took over. We have ensured that quality has become a way of life not just with DIAL employees, but with all stakeholders of the IGI airport family. We are confident that all 30,000 plus members of the IGI airport family will continue to strive for excellence and we hope to improve our position even further in the coming years."

IGI airport handled a record number of 35 million passengers in 2011. The airport has an annual passenger capacity of over 60 million of which terminal 3 can alone handle 34 million passengers. The airport also handled over 6 lakh tonnes of cargo and over 3 lakh aircraft movements in 2011.

Airports Council International is the only global trade representative of airports with 580 members operating from 1,650 airports in 179 countries and territories.

acrar4.png

Mumbai third in that category:cheers:

Hyderabad, third in 5-15 Million :enjoy:

the airport has improved over the years compared to what it was 5 years ago IGIA is now on par with many other international airports but the best airport in the world goes to Hong Kong i visited HK last year and the airport is huge it has its own underground subway to take you to different parts of the AP very modern and very hi tech but the customs department is the only flaw very long lines and slow workers

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

you can see why China takes the cake with over 40million people because they have a lot of domestic flights compared to other nations.

I have seen singapore airport, stayed in airport for 16-18 h.
Beautiful airport, big signboards, free internet, big brand shops, nice smell make it the best airport.

Its written in airport, If need of certain provision/terminal will come after 10 yrs, they will complete it in 5 year before.

While in india, the planning starts after the need arises, and then 10-15 yrs after that project is completed. (Though nowdays projects are completed faster)

Though I am happy that indian airports are coming in top rankings worldwide

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom