What's new

Deal with Musharraf barring Nawaz from elections

SSGPA1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JEDDAH: The 10-years deal struck by former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif with former president Pervez Musharraf with the guarantee of Saudi Arabia is a big hurdle in contesting of elections of Nawaz Sharif, informed sources said on Sunday.

According to Saudi sources, Nawaz Sharif during his meeting with Saudi King Shah Abdullah in Ramazan-ul-Mubarik was told that if he wanted to keep intact his friendship and brotherhood with the king, then he should honor the deal signed with Musharraf as he (Saudi Arabia) was one of guarantor.

Sources said during the meeting Nawaz Sharif was also given the message that the former president had allowed them and their family on their request.

According to the agreement, sources added both Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif neither could contest elections nor could take part in political activities.

Despite this, Shahbaz Sharif contested elections and the Saudi King told Nawaz Sharif that he has borne it, however the center of the agreement was Nawaz Sharif and, therefore, he should honor the deal as doing by the Saudi government.

According to sources, Nawaz Sharif and his family had signed the agreement on December 2, 2002 and had written apology and accepted by the then president Rafique Tarar, after that Nawaz Sharif and his family had gone to Saudi Arabia on December 10, 2000.

The agreement had been presented before the Supreme Court, under which both the brothers could not contest elections before December 10, 2010.

Sources further said the government would not take any action against the former president Pervez Musharraf and clear message in this regard has also been given to Nawaz Sharif and, therefore, he did not return home yet but went to Dubai from Saudi Arabia and then London.

According to official sources, President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani had also been informed about the real reason due to which Nawaz Sharif could not contest elections and decided that by-elections have been postponed due to security concerns.

Sources said the real reason is the 10-years agreement and if Nawaz Sharif violated it, then his friendship with Saudi government might be affected.

ONLINE - International News Network

SAUDI ARAB nay Nawaz Sharif ki BOLTI BAND KARR DI!

Vada Aya si es kaum da 'independent' leader tay Musharraf da trial karan!!

Nawaz Sharif is a bigger fraud than Asif Ali Zardari. Unfortunately he has not only let down his disillusioned supporters but he had given preference to not to pee off the Saudi King decree because he has ALL his financial investments in Saudi Arabia.

Hun tera ki banay ga Kaaliyaa? (meaning Chaudary Nisar and Ahsan Iqbal?)

SAUDI ARAB nay Nawaz Sharif ki BOLTI BAND KARR DI!

Indeed it is a shut-up call be saudi Shah but it is not to be taken as an order but advice. For Saudi shah was the middle-man in the deal between Mush and Sharif. He, Shah, at that time was crown prince. So obviously he as a true Arab can not let his words to go wrong.
And if Nawaz does what he is adviced he will be provided with a potential friend in his future rule, if there would be any.

Nawaz Sharif is a bigger fraud than Asif Ali Zardari. Unfortunately he has not only let down his disillusioned supporters but he had given preference to not to pee off the Saudi King decree because he has ALL his financial investments in Saudi Arabia.

I don't think so. Nazaw atleast did something out of his manifesto, The Freedom of Judges and Judiciary. He fulfilled his promise. Well its only upto 12-2010 after that he is free to start his politics.

KIT Out

Why are Saudi's so interested in Pakistani Politics?

Saudi's are doing the US handiwork!

It all started when President Clinton requested King Fahd to swiftly rescue Nawaz Sharif from behind bars during Musharraf's first year. Its is now continuing because Americans and Saudi's know that we as Pakistani are essentially dumbwits to do the job that they are doing for us. First Nawaz Sharif was frozen for later thaw (such as now). Now Pervaiz Musharaf is being frozen to be thawed into Pakistan politics who knows after a few years maybe!

Thanks to Makkah and Medina and we being emotional Muslims, we can forget about our so called national sovereignty for as long as The House of Saud chooses.

Saudi's are doing the US handiwork!

It all started when President Clinton requested King Fahd to swiftly rescue Nawaz Sharif from behind bars during Musharraf's first year. Its is now continuing because Americans and Saudi's know that we as Pakistani are essentially dumbwits to do the job that they are doing for us. First Nawaz Sharif was frozen for later thaw (such as now). Now Pervaiz Musharaf is being frozen to be thawed into Pakistan politics who knows after a few years maybe!

Thanks to Makkah and Medina and we being emotional Muslims, we can forget about our so called national sovereignty for as long as The House of Saud chooses.

yap, but again in the case of NS, its us who select him, in the genrl elections!:azn:

First Musharraf accepted da deal n let Nawaz sharif leave da country,then he accepted da deal n let him come back to da country,musharraf accepts da deal of NRO n let BB come back again.so he has been part of all da deals.Nawaz sharif or Zardari r not da only bad guys.right?

Not so right.....missy
Musharraf only honored the requests in larger national interest without any demands of return favor.
Nawaz Sharif sent messages to all arab world and finally h.e. Shah Abdullah requested P.Musharraf to issue a personal + official pardon to Sharif brothers.
Till todate we have not heard from both brothers about any return favors handed out to P.Musharraf from them or from Saudi Arabia.
BB came back because she choose to come back! It was not Musharraf who forced her to leave and neither did she left Pakistan under any agreement.
NRO was an ordinance pending approval from democratic parliament and now it has been expired since long... its upto the politicla cheif justice of Pakistan to take notice of it or some citizen need to bring this expired ordinance to his notification.
I don't think that their is any claim from any one about any agreement between iftikhar ch. made with P. Musharraf for abetting his ordinances.

Musharraf only honored the requests in larger national interest without any demands of return favor.

Lolzz... sorry i respect him but couldn't hold my laugh on this line..

@topic

To me it look more like, "election is cancel, because government knew NS going to win, and will ask his share in sucking pakistani blood, so they avoided this by canceling the election".

The corrupt elite can have deals and NRO's while the common man is poor and suffering. It is about time that people realized that PPP PML(A-N-Z-etc) MQM ANP Jamati Islami are part of the problem not the part of the solution. All i can do is hope and pray for a better future for myself my family and my country.:pakistan:

The corrupt elite can have deals and NRO's while the common man is poor and suffering. It is about time that people realized that PPP PML(A-N-Z-etc) MQM ANP Jamati Islami are part of the problem not the part of the solution. All i can do is hope and pray for a better future for myself my family and my country.:pakistan:

This country needs a revolt, a revolution. We must not give up but try to right what has wronged.

KIT OUT

Back
Top Bottom