ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Last updated: Saturday, November 30, 2013 11:58 PM

30dbh4i.jpg

Prince Sultan Bin Salman

Saudi Gazette report

RIYADH — The Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiques has signed a scientific cooperation agreement with the University of Napoli, Italy, and the French National Center for Scientific Research.

The agreement seeks to extend cooperation between the two sides in excavation work in Dawmat Al-Jandal for another five years.

The agreement was signed in the presence of SCTA President Prince Sultan Bin Salman, French Ambassador to the Kingdom Bertrand Besancenot and Italian Ambassador Mario Boffo.

Prince Sultan said the SCTA is working on a comprehensive project to identify historic and heritage sites in the Kingdom. There are 28 teams of Saudi and international scientists who are working in excavation sites and the SCTA is keen in informing citizens of their findings.

He said the SCTA is currently building five regional museums and refurbishing six others to embrace these historic findings. In addition, the SCTA is developing 128 historical sites that will be open to visitors, he added.
He said the SCTA has cooperated with the ministries of education, culture and higher education to increase awareness about the nation's heritage and history.

Related video with the prince below:

Yay 5 museums at once :woot:?

Yes.:agree:

I know that the Northern Areas are very historical and had ties to the Nabateans, Babylonians and other ancient Semitic civilizations native to the Middle East.

Do you know what kind of 128 historical sites we are speaking about?

The Arabian Peninsula is nearly unknown territory for the archaeologists despite being full of history and the first inhabited place on earth outside of Africa.
The ancient Dilmun civlization (trading partner of Sumer and Indus Valley civilization) etc. we know about in the "near region". Besides of Hijaz of course.

Just watch the video I posted with that leading American archaeologist that worked in KSA and what she has to say.;)

Back
Top Bottom